Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2591

1       2       3              2591      
       2593              4298       4299       end

Zichar
Total Posts: 3548

Hey Matt, never mind the bills, how are you feeling?
Don't know if I missed it some time ago but did you go for the surgery?

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2958

mp356 wrote:
Winter continues but with some nice sun. Taken yesterday with the 28 2.8 ais. I intentionally went out at midday in the bright sun to see what kind of image could be obtained in the harsh light. Thanks for looking.
Scott

I like it! My garage shot (2-stitch vertical pano) was taken at 230pm, so same crap light.

Matt OHarver wrote:
Hey guys stopping in to say hi. And to let you know that as much as it pains me, I've come up against a medical bill wall and I'm going to need to sell my 85MM F1.4 and the 105MM F1.8. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can send you some photos and prices. Just looking to get out of them what I paid to get out from some medical payments I need to get rid of.

$730 shipping and paypal for the 84MM F1.4
$465 shipping and paypal for the 105MmF1.8

I'm going to wait a day or two to list them to see if there is interest here first.

Matt

I hope you are feeling better Matt... If I had the cash, I would take them both off your hands.

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4081

Zichar wrote:

No I've been doing physical therapy trying to alleviate pain with some level of success. However my insurance kicked a test that the doctor had done and said they had prior approval for, so I'm on the hook for a $1900 test that was suppose to be covered and everyone is looking at me to pay it now.

Matt

MarkdV
Total Posts: 745

Oosty wrote:
Looking at your pictures is about all I'm up for at the moment! Caught viral conjunctivitis from Ingrid who was over it last week. Not a pretty sight!

I didn't know you could catch it from looking at it but this morning...

Oosty
Total Posts: 4038

leighton w wrote:
Crazy weather, we had a snow storm that left an inch or two this morning, then it all melted followed by a rain shower a little while ago. And then this rainbow popped out with the end of it right in our lane, I haven't see one with this intense colors in a long time.

Stunning

Oosty

rankamateur wrote:
Just itching and had to mess with my Leighton lens today.(50-135) Last shot with the 16. 3.5 Fish

These are great. Longwood Gardens?

Oosty

MarkdV wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Looking at your pictures is about all I'm up for at the moment! Caught viral conjunctivitis from Ingrid who was over it last week. Not a pretty sight!

You can get a temporary case from too much pixel peeping! You're too old for keyholes, Mark

The eye is vitrually completely shut today... but they did say it would get worse before getting better

leighton w
Total Posts: 9442

mp356 wrote:
Winter continues but with some nice sun. Taken yesterday with the 28 2.8 ais. I intentionally went out at midday in the bright sun to see what kind of image could be obtained in the harsh light. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Normally you're right, you want to stay away from shooting this time of day. But....this one works very well, and I think it's because of that shadow under the overhang, not to mention the great composition. I like this a lot!

leighton w

MarkdV wrote:
Oosty wrote:

I don't know Mark, I think it's a result from a wild night! Just kidding.

leighton w

Matt OHarver wrote:
Zichar wrote:

No I've been doing physical therapy trying to alleviate pain with some level of success. However my insurance kicked a test that the doctor had done and said they had prior approval for, so I'm on the hook for a $1900 test that was suppose to be covered and everyone is looking at me to pay it now.

Matt

Sorry to hear this Matt, I hope it all works out in the end.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 745

leighton w wrote:
MarkdV wrote:
Oosty wrote:

Great. My eye's been out having a wild night without me.

Not as bad as this eye though....

leighton w

Oosty wrote:

MarkdV wrote:

leighton w wrote:

MarkdV wrote:
Great. My eye's been out having a wild night without me.

Not as bad as this eye though....

Now that's bad!

leighton w

One more version of the rainbow. With the 50-135mm.

mp356
Total Posts: 4329

leighton w wrote:

Leighton, I like this very much. The colors are nicely saturated and the dark foreground really sets this off.

Thank you for the comment on the midday shot.
Scott

mp356

leighton w wrote:
Matt OHarver wrote:
Zichar wrote:

Matt

Sorry to hear this Matt, I hope it all works out in the end.

+1 Matt. Take care of yourself.

mp356

kwoodard wrote:
mp356 wrote:
Scott

I like it! My garage shot (2-stitch vertical pano) was taken at 230pm, so same crap light.

I like your garage shots Kevin. It is fun to experiment with what we would consider less than desirable light. Sometimes the results can be very interesting.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

mp356 wrote:
Leighton, I like this very much. The colors are nicely saturated and the dark foreground really sets this off.

Thank you for the comment on the midday shot.
Scott

Thanks Scott. I think you have taken your photography up a couple of notches!

designdog
Total Posts: 198

As some of you know, I am a new member here, with a "new" D700 and some MF lenses. I looked very hard at the D800/D600, but I also have a lot of $$$ in the Fuji XP1 (great, when Adobe figures it out) and I was not going to go overboard on yet another system. Came close though!

Anyway, the photo below shows why I am astonished with the D700. Just an offhand photo with an inexpensive lens (85 2 AI) of the pond in our backyard. Don't know if you can see it here, but when you look closely at the woods in the very far distance, the amount of resolution is fantastic. Not pixel peeping, just the fact that it shows up at all!

I am sure the d800/D600 is even better. But this works for me, right now...

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1462

leighton w wrote:

Best color ever on a rainbow.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1462

MarkdV wrote:
Oosty wrote:

It's the eagle eye curse, but after it clears you see as well as the eagle,

1       2       3              2591      
       2593              4298       4299       end