Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2587

1       2       3              2587      
2588
       2589              4066       4067       end

kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
Couple of shots from last week. The flower has nothing done other than a hybrid high-pass filter on the main flower. The rest is out of the camera. The second of the car, I played with a little bit as far as color goes, but it is also out of the camera. As always, C&C please. Trying SO hard to get it right in camera.

Series E 50mm (flower) and Series E 28mm (car)


DSC_6661 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_6735 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr


Great stuff Kevin.

–Tony



kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

Foggy14 wrote:

Here's one from today with the plain old 28mm 2.8 which is just fine. I don't need a 24mm PCE, I don't want a 24mm PCE ...








Looks beautiful down there Jeff.

–Tony


kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

Paul Gabel wrote:
Thank you all for your kind comments on my concert series. Now for something completely different: three shots with the 20mm/3.5 and one with the 28mm/3.5 PC (unshifted). Shots taken a week ago during a walk with my wife passing Durgerdam, just north of Amsterdam. My first outing with the shift lens; it was freezing cold and I didn't want my wife to put up with me figuring out how the shift works.

Swan couple distrusting my moves with tripod and shift lens:


_PG24302 by Apapa56, on Flickr

Paul

Love this one, Paul!

–Tony



kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

saph wrote:
Ahhh Monty's already got the itch. I just knew it

A few clicks from my alma mater, University of Maryland at College Park. This is interesting, I believe my first instance of moire!! And on a D800, not D800e. This was with the 20 3.5 UD. The football stadium was open and now I wish I had taken some shots with the 28 PC also.

The second shot shows off the ghost/flare characteristics in the 20 3.5 UD.

The third one is one of those large classrooms where as TA I kept an eye on the freshmen once upon a time There's some chemistry on the board, if its readable Laura can compare to her notes






Nice series, Samy. The stands in this shot look like they would give any camera fits! I notice this in the prepress world as well. One of our clients uses quite a few shots of wood decks and when they reduce the photo in InDesign to say, under 50%, we will see the stair-stepping (printer slang), in the boards. Once we reduce the file to be placed at 100%, this goes away. I am wondering if your photo has as much moiré in the photo at 100%?

–Tony


kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

jhinkey wrote:
Another Nikki installment from Seattle is off to Leighton - here's a few from the Pike Place Market:












These were my favorites John. Excellent detail and colors!

–Tony


kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

raboof wrote:
Some rust shots today with my 135mm f2 AI





Nice!

–Tony


kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

digitalthump wrote:
Had a chance to get out today. First three with the 105/2.5 and a macro with a 55/3.5 and 36mm tube.







I love trains! Nice set, Craig.

–Tony


kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 2720
Country: United States

Thanks for the compliments all. I have been really thinking hard about each shot and trying to get it right in camera. One of you all here I think gave me the best advice I have received to better myself as a photographer, work on composition. I am still working on that, but I think this one isn't bad.

The lens that started it all for me... Series E 50mm, f/5.6, ISO100, +.7 EV, 1/400


DSC_6665 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Since I totally agree that I need to work on composition, can you all recommend any online books or articles on composition? I know the thirds rule, bit about leading lines, but that's about it.



Jorge Torralba
Registered: May 16, 2007
Total Posts: 2406
Country: United States

F6 and 50mm 1.2 probably at f2.







kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

Had another session with Tosh this past weekend. Was having some issue with white balance within the shot. The particular strobe head I was using might be the culprit. I will have to switch it out next time and see if I have the same problem.

–Tony


Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr


Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr


Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr


Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr



kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

I also have a couple of lenses on the B&S board if anyone is interested.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1191144/0#lastmessage

–Tony



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2258
Country: United States

Missed that before, I liked the swan shot the best of the set too!

kings_freak wrote:
Paul Gabel wrote:
Thank you all for your kind comments on my concert series. Now for something completely different: three shots with the 20mm/3.5 and one with the 28mm/3.5 PC (unshifted). Shots taken a week ago during a walk with my wife passing Durgerdam, just north of Amsterdam. My first outing with the shift lens; it was freezing cold and I didn't want my wife to put up with me figuring out how the shift works.

Swan couple distrusting my moves with tripod and shift lens:


Paul

Love this one, Paul!

–Tony



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4016
Country: South Africa

Tony - thanks for looking

Samy - looks like a nice college well captured. Where did thay get the statue of Curtis and Kermit?

Reagan - thanks. Your purchase of the WA zoom got me to dig it out and USE it!

John - more good stuff from Nikki.

Ray - yet another top class flower series

Rafael - great eyes!



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2258
Country: United States

So that instance of moire was an artifact of the reduction in PSE?

Here's a 100% crop of the raw file, then converted to jpg. Moire's gone.

Thanks Tony, that is a relief although in that case I am still waiting to see an instance of moire due to the D800 sensor. Good to learn this from your input.

Samy

kings_freak wrote:
saph wrote:
Ahhh Monty's already got the itch. I just knew it


Nice series, Samy. The stands in this shot look like they would give any camera fits! I notice this in the prepress world as well. One of our clients uses quite a few shots of wood decks and when they reduce the photo in InDesign to say, under 50%, we will see the stair-stepping (printer slang), in the boards. Once we reduce the file to be placed at 100%, this goes away. I am wondering if your photo has as much moiré in the photo at 100%?

–Tony



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4016
Country: South Africa

Looking at your pictures is about all I'm up for at the moment! Caught viral conjunctivitis from Ingrid who was over it last week. Not a pretty sight!



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2258
Country: United States

Wow, pro work, lighting, poses, every aspect.

kings_freak wrote:
Had another session with Tosh this past weekend. Was having some issue with white balance within the shot. The particular strobe head I was using might be the culprit. I will have to switch it out next time and see if I have the same problem.

–Tony



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2258
Country: United States

Beautiful colors and sharpness Kevin.

I know I have trouble with composition especially for wide angles. I will be interested in people's suggestions on a composition book too.

kwoodard wrote:
Thanks for the compliments all. I have been really thinking hard about each shot and trying to get it right in camera. One of you all here I think gave me the best advice I have received to better myself as a photographer, work on composition. I am still working on that, but I think this one isn't bad.

The lens that started it all for me... Series E 50mm, f/5.6, ISO100, +.7 EV, 1/400

Since I totally agree that I need to work on composition, can you all recommend any online books or articles on composition? I know the thirds rule, bit about leading lines, but that's about it.



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2258
Country: United States

Too many viruses going around. Peter, hope you get better soon.

Oosty wrote:
Looking at your pictures is about all I'm up for at the moment! Caught viral conjunctivitis from Ingrid who was over it last week. Not a pretty sight!



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2258
Country: United States

Good catch Peter, that is supposed to be Jim Henson, the muppets guy and an alumnus.

But you are right, it looks like Curtis and Kermit having a lively conversation about Nikon Manual Focus Lenses. From his expression, I don't see Kermit falling for Curtis' line on how much of an investment the darn lenses are though

Oosty wrote:


Samy - looks like a nice college well captured. Where did thay get the statue of Curtis and Kermit?




kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 930
Country: United States

saph wrote:
So that instance of moire was an artifact of the reduction in PSE?

Here's a 100% crop of the raw file, then converted to jpg. Moire's gone.

Thanks Tony, that is a relief although in that case I am still waiting to see an instance of moire due to the D800 sensor. Good to learn this from your input.

Samy

kings_freak wrote:
saph wrote:
Ahhh Monty's already got the itch. I just knew it


Nice series, Samy. The stands in this shot look like they would give any camera fits! I notice this in the prepress world as well. One of our clients uses quite a few shots of wood decks and when they reduce the photo in InDesign to say, under 50%, we will see the stair-stepping (printer slang), in the boards. Once we reduce the file to be placed at 100%, this goes away. I am wondering if your photo has as much moiré in the photo at 100%?

–Tony


Cool, glad to help! I have yet to see a moiré problem on my D800, but after shooting with it for awhile now, I'm not too concerned about it.

–Tony



1       2       3              2587      
2588
       2589              4066       4067       end