Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2584

1       2       3              2584      
       2586              4174       4175       end

Oosty
Total Posts: 4026

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

You could go both ways.. AF and MF, sell the car, and you'll have more free money for lenses

In 1974 I was broke. It was sell the stereo or the car...
I walked to the bars

Monty

Keep the lenses, sell the car and ride the bike to the bars (in summer). In winter, stay home!

Oosty

leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
A couple from today. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Scott, I have really enjoyed your images of rural scenes as of late, they remind me of one of my favorite photographers, Richard Brown. I think you would like this book from him. I have read it at least 3 times and have learned a great deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Pictures-Country-Guide-Photographing-Landscapes/dp/0944475175/ref=pd_sim_b_5

Good post Leighton. His website has some amazing pictures too www.rwbrownphotography.com Thanks for posting the reference.

raboof
Total Posts: 1466

Thanks Peter and Leighton. I wandered off for a bit while the kids were sleeping hence the unusual subject. One more...

digitalthump
Total Posts: 202

Scott - really like #2

Laura - The macro is a small wicker basket.

mp356
Total Posts: 4256

raboof wrote:
Some rust shots today with my 135mm f2 AI

Chuong, I like these a lot. Nicely done.
Scott

mp356
Total Posts: 4256

Oosty wrote:
leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
A couple from today. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Scott, I have really enjoyed your images of rural scenes as of late, they remind me of one of my favorite photographers, Richard Brown. I think you would like this book from him. I have read it at least 3 times and have learned a great deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Pictures-Country-Guide-Photographing-Landscapes/dp/0944475175/ref=pd_sim_b_5

Good post Leighton. His website has some amazing pictures too www.rwbrownphotography.com Thanks for posting the reference.

Thank you Leighton and Peter. I took a quick peek at the book link and website. Definately need to spend some more time there.

Also thank you to Ben, Laura, and Craig for the comments. Peter, as for the snow around here, you learn to live with it and as a welcome seasonal change. What is the old saying, "if you have only lemons, then make lemonade". The same is true of the weather.

Kenj8246
Total Posts: 11884

Mr and Mrs Puma concolor. Mountain lions at the Houston Zoo. Nikon F4s film camera, Nikkor 400mm f3.5 Ai lens, Portra 160 film rated at 125.

Mountain lions by kenj8246, on Flickr

Mountain lions by kenj8246, on Flickr

Kenny

jbonzo1
Total Posts: 41

Kenny, nice shots.
The 400 3.5 is a great lens, tack sharp and not that heavy. Snaps in and out of focus, too.

Kenj8246
Total Posts: 11884

Not heavy but I wouldn't want to try to handhold it for too very long.

Oosty

Kenny, those are beautiful images of a magnificent cat.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 843

This purchase rest's entirely on Leighton's shoulders. His constant posting of great images with his copy has had me looking for this lens for some time. I finally found one at a fair price and it turned out to be like new. I fully expected the zoom to be loose and the pleasant surprise is that it is pretty tight. I took 3 quick shots with it in the dark living room. I like it!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9173

Yea Ron! Good to see another thread member using this cream puff. Looks like you got a really nice one.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2821

That 50-135 sure is nice! With my 80-200, I have been shooting a lot at 135mm, maybe I should have got one of those instead? Nah, I like my 80-200...just wish it was faster.

saph
Total Posts: 2290

Good advice Peter, then Monty will have money for the 14-24 AFS as well as the 70-200. That will complete his AFS trinity

Oosty wrote:
montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

You could go both ways.. AF and MF, sell the car, and you'll have more free money for lenses

I walked to the bars

Monty

Keep the lenses, sell the car and ride the bike to the bars (in summer). In winter, stay home!

saph

Kevin, just love your last two shots, including the arrow in the parking garage. The garage with the mural is well visualized and executed also!

Scott, the red barn in the snow is very nice. Its finally sunny here today and hope you get a break from the snow soon.

Chuong, nice equipment rust shots with the 135 f2 AI!

Kenny, very nice portraits of the mountain lion with the 400 3.5! The 400's just a tad lighter than the 500 F4P, and yes, those lenses are not hand holdable for extended periods of time.

Ron, cool new acquisition, looks like in good shape and did a great angled portrait of your dog!

montym
Total Posts: 4711

saph wrote:
Good advice Peter, then Monty will have money for the 14-24 AFS as well as the 70-200. That will complete his AFS trinity

Oosty wrote:
montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

I walked to the bars

Monty

Yes, I'm aware that I am 66.7% there
For now the cool 16mm will have to do the job for the wide stuff

It's been a few weeks of AF and I am starting to get the itch to put the 85mm back on
As someone here said, I can have both AF and MF lenses in my bag and they can happily coexist

saph

Ahhh Monty's already got the itch. I just knew it

A few clicks from my alma mater, University of Maryland at College Park. This is interesting, I believe my first instance of moire!! And on a D800, not D800e. This was with the 20 3.5 UD. The football stadium was open and now I wish I had taken some shots with the 28 PC also.

The second shot shows off the ghost/flare characteristics in the 20 3.5 UD.

The third one is one of those large classrooms where as TA I kept an eye on the freshmen once upon a time There's some chemistry on the board, if its readable Laura can compare to her notes

leighton w
Total Posts: 9173

Samy, I went to a Frank Zappa concert in Cole Field House back in the 70's, or was that the 80's.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2906

Leighton, I think the 70's was Frank and "Mother's of Invention" and the 80's were Frank's "Weasels rip my Flesh"
I can't believe I can remember that

Reagan

saph

Two more - the Hornbake undergrad library, and the Stamp Student Union. Both with the 28 3.5 PC, using shift function.

Leighton neat memory of that place (kind of ). My first visit to Cole Field House was a see saw Terps-Blue Devils battle. Duke won by a point or two I think

1       2       3              2584      
       2586              4174       4175       end