Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2581

1       2       3              2581      
       2583              5890       5891       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

MarkdV wrote:
jbailey930 wrote:
Wow, this is a great thread! Thanks for the nice comments on my dog. She is actually 12 y/o and may have cataracts but she is still a pup to us.

I hope to post more as I have a decent collection of MF Nikkors - 20 3.5, 28 2.0, 35 1.4, 50 1.2 and 1.4, 55 3.5 and the great 105 2.5

With a collection like that you have no excuse not to be posting more! But be careful, showing everyone your lineup like this only invites some members to helpfully suggest where some gaps could be filled.

(cough - 85mm - cough)

cough, cough, what about a 180/200mm and a 300mm for some reach when needed...
Some birding... at least a 400mm is higly recommended
cough, cough

asiostygius

Thanks Ray and Mark for the comments.

Chin, Kevin, Jim S, Peter, Curtis and Mark, loved the excellent shots from you.

Curtis, I don't specifically asked you to perform a formal test on the 24/2.8 ais vs. N.C 24/2.8 (though that will be great ), just your general feelings and impressions, including handling. I suppose scalloped focusing ring is a joy to use as I am experimenting with the 35/2 O and 105/2.5 P (Sonnar)

digitalthump
Total Posts: 208

Here are a couple images from a quick getaway with my wife in Estes Park. No kids!! Shot with a newly acquired 85 1.4. Thoroughly enjoying all of the spectacular images being posted! A couple new additions arrived via the postman today, a 50/1.2 (thanks Chuong!) and a 28/2. It's been confirmed, definitely have a case of NMFAS

asiostygius

Craig, great shots with the 85/1.4, loved the bokeh.
And welcome to the NMFAS club

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

digitalthump wrote:
Here are a couple images from a quick getaway with my wife in Estes Park. No kids!! Shot with a newly acquired 85 1.4. Thoroughly enjoying all of the spectacular images being posted! A couple new additions arrived via the postman today, a 50/1.2 (thanks Chuong!) and a 28/2. It's been confirmed, definitely have a case of NMFAS

Nice shots Craig. No kids getaway and a new 85/1.4 - enjoy you lucky man!

MarkdV

A last one from me before bed from last weekend's trip to the mountains. Oh to fly…

Shot with the 180mm. I may or may not have mentioned my love of this lens. If you don't have one, remedy that!

asiostygius

Nice and evocative.
Mark, is that a hawk?

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

Like many others, I've taken advantage of the nice new Nik pricing and had a go at these. Have no idea what I'm doing but luckily have a nice subject

All taken with the 50mm f/1.2 Ai-S.

DSC_5976.Nik by deang0001, on Flickr

DSC_5965.Nik by deang0001, on Flickr

DSC_5977.Nik by deang0001, on Flickr

DSC_5973.Nik by deang0001, on Flickr

asiostygius

Loved the conversions, Dean. An old looking atmosphere, very attarctive IMHO at least.

MarkdV

asiostygius wrote:
Nice and evocative.
Mark, is that a hawk?

Um…I think it's a red kite, there was a kite and what I think was a honey buzzard around, but I think the pointy wings mark it as the kite. Probably. It's definitely a bird of some description at least.

Ok, this is what I think was the buzzard and it's a different shape to the other so hopefully that's right.

asiostygius

Some of the last shots from Pompeii, perhaps tomorrow I will be posting the firsts from Herculaneum.

These are some brickwork examples from the ancient city, all exposed due to the fact that stucco or other external surfaces were destroyed with the time and or escavations.

Pompeii's brickwork at one of the walls in House of Apollo by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 400, f/8 at 1/400s.
External wall of the House of Apollo, showing at right large rectangular tuff blocks ("opus quadratum") and at the left smaller irregular stones ("opus incertum"). These mixed patterns are not uncommon at Pompeii, perhaps reflecting the 62 AD earthquake that virtually destroyed large parts of the town, which was at reconstruction until 79 AD.

Pompeii's brickwork II by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 200, f/5.6 at 1/160s.
Mixed brickwork called "opus reticulatum" - concrete-faced with diamond-shaped blocks/stones (right) and rectangular fired bricks (left) .

Pompeii's brickwork + terracota pipe by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 400, f/5.6 at 1/640s.
Terracota pipe with "opus incertum" at left with some remnants of stucco and "opus latericium" at the right.

Pompeii's brickwork detail by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd & CPU'd hand held, ISO 200, f/4 at 1/1000s.
Closer view of a mixed brickwork, at left "opus incertum", at the right "opus vittatum mixtum" .

Source for brick classification: Joanne Berry - The complete Pompeii - Thames & Hudson Ltd, 2007.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

deang001 wrote:
Like many others, I've taken advantage of the nice new Nik pricing and had a go at these. Have no idea what I'm doing but luckily have a nice subject

All taken with the 50mm f/1.2 Ai-S.

DSC_5965.Nik by deang0001, on Flickr

Wonderful series, Dean!
Can't imagine a nicer test-subject. Excellent photography and conversions - the shot above is my personal favorite.

georgms

asiostygius wrote:
Some of the last shots from Pompeii, perhaps tomorrow I will be posting the firsts from Herculaneum.

Jose, I like your play with the mixed textures here. I rarely watch slide-shows, but when your sets from Pompeii and the Herculaneum are done I will look at your pictures as a slide-show over at flickr (looking at single images might be not the best way to get a feel for your journey).

georgms

Oosty wrote:
Two stacked images (Combine ZM) converted to B&W

Peter, the lightning-shot is amazing!

georgms

CGrindahl wrote:
Frankly, I'm amazed that so much of the country is still struggling with winter weather. I recall the old adage from my time in Minnesota, "If March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb. If it comes in like a lamb it goes out like lion." I've been seeing nothing but lions here...

Sorry to do this to you but you know who I am and how I like to shoot. The fact the Nikki is here will surely inspire me to head out to places not ordinarily on my agenda, but it won't stop me from the usual walk around the neighborhood looking for.... flowers... And it IS spring in California, so I found them...

Curtis, lovely spring-shots! It took me not even a half second to identify this shot as taken with Nikki (stopped down a wee bit, right? :-)
Winter and spring are still fighting each other here - it's pretty cold with a lot of snow around, but sunny most of the day. Perfectly fine for me :-)

georgms

Rafael, thanks for sharing your experience with the 400/3.5 in combination with the TC's. The eagle-portrait is fantastic!

Peter, love the Coffee-image!

Jeff, the Curly Cactus is amazing.

Peter, your "Rain on the deck" looks like pure silver - beautiful B&W!

Kevin, I like the detail of your old movie-camera a lot. The Hot-Rod posted a few pages back is absolutely great!

Ray from Ohio - the last shot from your basketball-series is great.

Laura, congrats to your 300/2.8!

Ronny, amazing self-portrait in the eye of Nitro! I have a selfie in the eye of a rooster somewhere ;-)

Chuong, love the moon over the house. Reminds me a bit about old movies - Hitchcock&Co :-)

Ray, great work with the tubed 105/2.5! The butterfly is amazing.

Sorry, I've missed some great posts.

jbailey930
Total Posts: 53

I know and I will. Looking for a nice 85 f/2!
Thanks
20 3.5 and D700

With a collection like that you have no excuse not to be posting more! But be careful, showing everyone your lineup like this only invites some members to helpfully suggest where some gaps could be filled.

(cough - 85mm - cough)

BTW, I didn't have a chance to comment at the time, but a nice pic of your 'pup' and welcome.

jbailey930
Total Posts: 53

Well, I had the 500 p for awhile. 52 y/o eyes you know!

28 2 on tmax FE

cough, cough, what about a 180/200mm and a 300mm for some reach when needed...
Some birding... at least a 400mm is higly recommended
cough, cough

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

I had to show a little love to the 180mm 2.8 AI It's the only prime I hadn't tried on my D600. To be honest I never really liked this lens on my D7000, so I didn't hold out a lot of hope. I had considered selling the lens. It took a while shooting to get used to the lens and was a little hard to hold steady. Not sure I want to sell it now

georgms

John, the wild stream (please excuse my English) is very nicely captured! Love the light.

Ray, absolutely beautiful colors on the heron (egret?)! Is your lens the ED-variant?

1       2       3              2581      
       2583              5890       5891       end