Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2579

1       2       3              2579      
       2581              4191       4192       end

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

mp356 wrote:
Inspired by some terrific window reflection images posted on this thread by Ben, Philippe, and others, I entered this image in the WA thread. Taken with the 28-50 3.5 ais. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Very nice!

–Tony

kings_freak

leighton w wrote:
My wife took a photo of our sheep one evening last year. One of our friends who is an outstanding artist saw it on FB and asked if she could make a painting of it. She did and this is the result. She used a combination of paint and different colored strips of magazine paper and clued it to a board. I thinks it's marvelous! The photo was great too.

Cool painting Leighton.

–Tony

kings_freak

georgms wrote:
Mark, Ray, Tony and Scott - thanks for taking the time to comment on the birches in the sunset.

Tony, I've shot a row of vertical images to stitch them together - these shots showed a good bit of ghosting.
The images taken later in horizontal orientation didn't show ghosting, just flare
My 135/3.5 is a banged up, but coated Ai - from the late 70's.
Here's a stitched pano with clearly visible ghosting:

Cool shot Georg, thanks for the demonstration. That is very strange that it didn't ghost when it was horizontal!

–Tony

kings_freak

designdog wrote:
Ok, was able to get out some this afternoon — almost springlike in Virginia. Here is a shot with the 50mm 1.2 AIS on my new D700. Put some Provia juice on it, just 'cause I like messing around...

Nice colors, David.

–Tony

kings_freak

Oosty wrote:
We went to the West Coast of South Africa for a couple of days. The place we chose is Paternoster, a fishing village turned big city getaway (Cape Town is only about 100 miles away).(See more at http://www.sa-venues.com/attractionswc/paternoster.php ) Since 1994 the fishing industry has been affected by government giving away concessions to big operators and many former fisherfolk live close to the breadline....

We stayed in a converted cottage right on the beach and very close to a number of excellent restaurants. As it was Ingrid's birthday we chose the "Noisy Oyster" for her special lunch and for the rest had to content ourselves with less salubrious establishments and home barbecued fresh Cape Rock Lobster which we bough for a song.

My lens choice was simple 28 -45 f4.5 zoom (Exif shows 25 so as to avoid conflict with the 28 f2.8 data), my 80-200 f4 zoom and the 300 f4.5 generally tied to the TC14b.

A couple of images ..

Looks like it was a very nice day Peter.

–Tony

kings_freak

jhinkey wrote:
Quick one from a family hike this afternoon. I've taken this shot before with the 16/3.5, but it was son nice I took it again today!

More to come from the 16/3.5 and the 135/3.5 AIS.

Time for dinner . . .

John

Looks beautiful John! You just can't beat the sun stars with that 16mm.

Love the colors here.

–Tony

Oosty
Total Posts: 4028

Leighton - thanks. When I look at the capabilities of the D200 buying a D7000 seems to me like an attempt to "buy a better game" much like changing golf clubs in an attempt to get a few more yards from the tee So far I have less than 11 000 actuations on the D200 so maybe I need practice rather than a new weapon!

Ray - thank you. Super bag and nice lens assortment.

Ronny - thanks

John - another appealing pano

Ben - Your perspective on the people at circulat quay is unique. I was looked at askance when I pointed my camera there (not at the digeridoo players).

JSV - it was the 300 4.5 EDIF

Kevin - you will start a run on "E" series lenses. Exellent quality pics.

Leighton - haven't you had enough snow? Nice shot.

Rafael - beautiful bird images.

James - top quality again

Jeff - thanks. Another beautiful seascape.

Laura - Love the building and the cats. What did you eventually call the stray? Thanks for the comments and, yes, I do need to shoot more!

Alan - Eli looks really cool and certainly has a neat smile!

Jeff - I like the farm shots

MarkdV
Total Posts: 705

Kevin, Ben, Rafael, Scott, Laura, Jeff - Amazing photos on the last couple of pages.
Peter, very interesting your DIY lens collar work.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9200

Thanks for the snow shot comments guys!

Rafael - Amazing Raptor shots, Jose is gonna love these!

Laura - Felix looks VERY well loved.

Alan - Good to see you drop by, I take it "Sadie" Is the one on the way?

Peter - Great tip on the tripod collar. Is that made out of metal?

Scott - Love the second one. I bet you could find a worthy door shot there!

georgms
Total Posts: 3353

Speaking of doors - here's one shot today. Hope you like it, Leighton ;-)

door/gateway to the pulpit in one of the old churches here - D3s, 55/1.2 at f/2

georgms
Total Posts: 3353

Rafael, wow, outstanding work with the 400/3.5+TC16A!

Peter (from Madison) - thanks for sharing your DIY-tripod-collar-guidance! And I really love the first shot with the 105/2.5 - stellar framing and excellent play with colors.

Alan, Eli looks like a really happy camper ;-) Lovely picture!

Jeff, beautiful work at the beach again! I'm glad to read/hear that your eyes-operation worked well.

Scott, I really like the first snow-shot - the blue, red and white tones team up in a great fashion.

Laura, very nice play with the shapes of the buildings!

James, tasty shot! I just hope the food didn't get cold while being photographed...

Leighton, the snowy fence is wonderful. Perfect light and background to catch the tumbling flakes.

Kevin, I like your flower-shot. The colors are quite catchy (nothing wrong with it in my opinion), the contrast is maybe a bit too punchy.

Ron, the first detail-image is very nice. Shooting highly reflecting stuff is a tough task and using the hanger to avoid unwanted reflections a great idea.

John, the 10-shot-pano through the 135/3.5 is wonderful. The highest "mountain" in my county is a 128-meter "high" molehill :-( High enough for the locals to break a lot of bones during downhill-sledding...
The moss-image with the 16/3.5 a few pages back is stellar too.

Ray, the Nikon-badged bag is really neat! Choosing the right camera-bag is a never-ending story for me - thanks for serving food for thoughts ;-)

Peter (from Knysna) - I like the first shot the most. I could spend countless hours watching fishing boats coming in too ;-) And thank you for the lyrics of the weather-song. I still try to improve my English by watching Monty-Python-DVD's with "hard-of-hearing"-subtitles enabled...

Ben, I like your work with the 24/3.5 PC-E a lot. The harsh sun can be blessing or course, I assume. On your last set it was a blessing for sure.

leighton w

georgms wrote:
Speaking of doors - here's one shot today. Hope you like it, Leighton ;-)

Wow, now that's some door!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4028

The more I use the 28-45 4.5 the more I like this lens. Some more examples from the West Coast

leighton w

Oosty wrote:
The more I use the 28-45 4.5 the more I like this lens. Some more examples from the West Coast

I like this one the Best Peter.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Good morning everyone. Some of you may remember me. I'm the guy that turns all of the color photos into black and white

Well, recently I purchased a D800 and one of those evil AF lenses. Sorry I've been having a lot of fun with it. Maybe too much fun. I plan on getting another one. My beautiful MF lenses are just sitting around doing nothing. I've decided to sell them. Before I put them on eBay I thought I offer them to you people. I'll sell them for what I paid plus $10 shipping on each lens.

So here is the list, condition, serial number and price paid

28mm f/2.8 AIS EX
$266.00

180mm f/2.8 ED AIS EX+
$451.00

105mm f/2.5 AIS EX+
$349.00

50mm f/1.8 EX
$154.00

20mm f2.8 EX+
$375.00

85mm f/1.4 AI-S EX+
$651.00

Yes, I'm keeping the 16mm

PM me if you are interested.

Monty

pburke
Total Posts: 1965

leighton w wrote:
Peter - Great tip on the tripod collar. Is that made out of metal?

yes, very solid for the price.

leighton w

montym wrote:
Good morning everyone. Some of you may remember me. I'm the guy that turns all of the color photos into black and white

Well, recently I purchased a D800 and one of those evil AF lenses. Sorry I've been having a lot of fun with it. Maybe too much fun. I plan on getting another one. My beautiful MF lenses are just sitting around doing nothing. I've decided to sell them. Before I put them on eBay I thought I offer them to you people. I'll sell them for what I paid plus $10 shipping on each lens.

28mm f/2.8 AIS EX
$266.00

180mm f/2.8 ED AIS EX+
$451.00

105mm f/2.5 AIS EX+
$349.00

50mm f/1.8 EX
$154.00

20mm f2.8 EX+
$375.00

85mm f/1.4 AI-S EX+
$651.00

Monty

Well I never thought I'd see this day. I'm glad you're keeping the 16 just so you can drop in from time to time.

philipj
Total Posts: 843

Wow Monty, very surprised to hear of your "defection"!

Keep posting here with the 16mm though, and good luck with your sales.

saph
Total Posts: 2297

Trust me, Monty will some day start getting nostalgic about turning that focus ring and will be back looking for at least the 85 Let him enjoy his newfound love in the meanwhile.

Samy

leighton w wrote:
montym wrote:

28mm f/2.8 AIS EX
$266.00

180mm f/2.8 ED AIS EX+
$451.00

105mm f/2.5 AIS EX+
$349.00

50mm f/1.8 EX
$154.00

20mm f2.8 EX+
$375.00

85mm f/1.4 AI-S EX+
$651.00

Monty

Well I never thought I'd see this day. I'm glad you're keeping the 16 just so you can drop in from time to time.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

THe worst part of all this is that I no longer feel a part of this thread. I've posted in a few other threads, but none compare to the friendship I've found here! I'll stay in touch...

Just because the lenses are for sale doesn't mean they will sell. And yes, I'll continue to post....

I've very impulsive. Like a light switch. On then off then back on again. In a year or so I'll probably be buying them all over again

Monty

1       2       3              2579      
       2581              4191       4192       end