Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2577

1       2       3              2577      
2578
       2579              4238       4239       end

DesertDiesel
Registered: Mar 30, 2005
Total Posts: 95
Country: United States


Three shots all with the 55mm f2.8 Micro Nikkor Lens

1. Winter Petunia

2. Orange Berries on shrub

3. Bishop's Cap Cactus

Bob



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4036
Country: South Africa

Very nice Bob



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5085
Country: United States

Ben - WOW





Peter these a wonderful images. Sharp, crisp and colorful. I love them!
Bob great work with the Micro 55. That is one sharp lens!


MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5085
Country: United States

I have tried so many camera bags over the years and found that to carry all of the lenses that I wanted it was always so big and wide that I hated lugging it around. I think that I have finally found one to meet my needs in this Nikon promo bag that were given away with D800's. It is narrow, only 5 inches. Deep enough for my 300mm 4.5 and wide enough to carry with a little planning, 5 lenses plus one on the camera.
Left to right - 300mm 4.5, 24mm2.8, 16mm 3.5 and 50mm 1.4 under my 85mm 1.4 PLUS my 35mm 1.4 on my camera. It has a pouch on the back for a tablet or small notebook and a pouch on the front for lens hoods, filters, and a teleconverter - WOW. The kicker is that I got it for $30 shipped!





Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 2410
Country: Sweden

Great shot on the flower Curtis
Great shot Ben and Peter



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 5951
Country: United States

One more from yesterday -
10 shot hand-held pano with the 135/3.5 AIS.



rankamateur
Registered: Nov 25, 2007
Total Posts: 851
Country: United States

Playing with the wifes balls. The mercury glass ones that is. Impossible to take a picture of one without a reflection unless you take it with the hangar in the middle. 35-70mm 3.5 AI with a PK-12



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 2927
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
I have tried so many camera bags over the years and found that to carry all of the lenses that I wanted it was always so big and wide that I hated lugging it around. I think that I have finally found one to meet my needs in this Nikon promo bag that were given away with D800's. It is narrow, only 5 inches. Deep enough for my 300mm 4.5 and wide enough to carry with a little planning, 5 lenses plus one on the camera.
Left to right - 300mm 4.5, 24mm2.8, 16mm 3.5 and 50mm 1.4 under my 85mm 1.4 PLUS my 35mm 1.4 on my camera. It has a pouch on the back for a tablet or small notebook and a pouch on the front for lens hoods, filters, and a teleconverter - WOW. The kicker is that I got it for $30 shipped!


Sounds like you may be visiting the chiropractor Ray

Reagan



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5085
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
I have tried so many camera bags over the years and found that to carry all of the lenses that I wanted it was always so big and wide that I hated lugging it around. I think that I have finally found one to meet my needs in this Nikon promo bag that were given away with D800's. It is narrow, only 5 inches. Deep enough for my 300mm 4.5 and wide enough to carry with a little planning, 5 lenses plus one on the camera.
Left to right - 300mm 4.5, 24mm2.8, 16mm 3.5 and 50mm 1.4 under my 85mm 1.4 PLUS my 35mm 1.4 on my camera. It has a pouch on the back for a tablet or small notebook and a pouch on the front for lens hoods, filters, and a teleconverter - WOW. The kicker is that I got it for $30 shipped!


Sounds like you may be visiting the chiropractor Ray

Reagan

Nope total weight is 11 pounds



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 2880
Country: United States

bruni wrote:
Don't know whether to damn Phillippe - or thank him. He forced me to buy the 24mm PCE then he returned it and moved on....and here I am still stuck on it.

ben


Customs House - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr


Please share your post work for this image. I...just...wow!



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1422
Country: Australia

Reagan wrote:
Ben, are those HDR ?
the color and sharpness are extreme and I like them
Something different from you

Reagan


No Reagan, they're not HDR (lol - like Peter said - I thought you'd be more interested in the Town Hall steps).

Yes, Leighton - I did a bit a bit of mucking around in post. It doesn't look it - but it was mostly overcast yesterday - and I wanted to bring the light up. They are sharp aren't they - that's not me - that"s that lens. Phillippe once said it renders like a zeiss - and he's right. It is amazingly sharp and it resolves all the details for a camera like the D800E. Also has great colour.

Yes, Peter, the top of Customs House is bigger than the bottom - my fault. I was squatting on the ground and I shifted the lens up full to get the top of people's heads - but it meant that it was too much for the buildings (btw well spotted).

ben



jsv_20
Registered: Dec 04, 2008
Total Posts: 185
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
This little guy and his friend sat and watched the fishing boats come in. He sang a little tune from the moment he arrived til he left. All with the 300 + TC14b. (Tripod)


Which 300mm did you use?



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 2880
Country: United States

Couple of shots from last week. The flower has nothing done other than a hybrid high-pass filter on the main flower. The rest is out of the camera. The second of the car, I played with a little bit as far as color goes, but it is also out of the camera. As always, C&C please. Trying SO hard to get it right in camera.

Series E 50mm (flower) and Series E 28mm (car)


DSC_6661 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr


DSC_6745 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9279
Country: United States

I love it when the weatherman is wrong. It wasn't supposed to do this today! I stepped out on the porch to snap this.



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1422
Country: Australia

kwoodard wrote:
bruni wrote:
D/quote]

Please share your post work for this image. I...just...wow!



Kevin - I'm a bit embarrassed - it's not that big a deal - I just cheated. I added a lot of clarity (I'm in Lightroom - so I guess that's micro contrast). The 3D effect is mostly luck and cheating. The luck is that she's in the shade and the background's in the light. The cheating is that I bought up her face. In the original that's just black, a silhouette. But by bringing the light up on the face it draws the eye - and makes the figure pop out of the shadow - creating a 3D effect

I liked the original too - the silhouette on her face was evocative and more natural.

ben



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 5951
Country: United States

rankamateur wrote:
Playing with the wifes balls. The mercury glass ones that is. Impossible to take a picture of one without a reflection unless you take it with the hangar in the middle. 35-70mm 3.5 AI with a PK-12


Looks like a great subject for a Micro Nikkor and some extension tubes!



dshrode
Registered: Feb 15, 2013
Total Posts: 38
Country: United States

The ai and ais were about $300 max about 3 years ago on various sights... upwards in 6-700 now, might as well buy some zeiss ze or zf glass for that price.



dshrode
Registered: Feb 15, 2013
Total Posts: 38
Country: United States

this appears to be hdr... how'd you get it so crisp while the subejcts were moving?



philipj
Registered: Dec 01, 2010
Total Posts: 850
Country: Switzerland

kwoodard wrote:
bruni wrote:
Don't know whether to damn Phillippe - or thank him. He forced me to buy the 24mm PCE then he returned it and moved on....and here I am still stuck on it.

ben


Customs House - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr


Please share your post work for this image. I...just...wow!


+1, fantastic. The 24PCE really suits you Ben!



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 1403
Country: United States

DesertDiesel wrote:

Three shots all with the 55mm f2.8 Micro Nikkor Lens

1. Winter Petunia

2. Orange Berries on shrub

3. Bishop's Cap Cactus

Bob

Nice Stuff DD.

I have been busy, my friends are taking advantage of me and having their pictures taken, it is kind of fun but I do not like responsibily in photography, only fun. I am not new to manual focus lenses, I just never went autofocus, don't like the lens/camera choosing where to focus on maybe 'cause I started early and the F4 focused acurately but not conveniently and no better than my eyes for most stuff.

D3 nikkor 35-200mm, noone uses it as half of them are so bad, but the other half are so good, and cheap.


nikon nikkor 35-200mm 3.5 D3 Wedding Bride by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Much rather be using the 400mm 3.5, here with the TC16a, and be photographing nature. (Are humans nature?) The TC16a because I can focus a 200mm on a bride, but not on a 640mm on a bird.

D800 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 TC 16a, peregrine falcon


nikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 TC16A D800 Preregrine Falcon, the fastest animal on earth by Rafael CA, on Flickr

AH!, don't forget the crop so that we know what this photo really is.


nikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 TC16A D800 Preregrine Falcon, the fastest animal on earth crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

PS, Leighton, it was 80F here today, but snow is pretty!



1       2       3              2577      
2578
       2579              4238       4239       end