Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2573

1       2       3              2573      
       2575              3810       3811       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 8593

Reagan wrote:
F5 in the custom menu lets you change setting the aperture from the command wheel to the aperture ring on the lens
I use the rear wheel for the shutter speed and I change the aperture with the ring on the lens This also works with AF lens if they have an aperture ring

Reagan

Oh yea right, I wasn't quite sure what you mean't at first.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

Hasn't stopped raining for 2 days, no sunshine, depression starting to set in.
Maybe I will read the manual

Reagan

leighton w

Reagan wrote:
Hasn't stopped raining for 2 days, no sunshine, depression starting to set in.
Maybe I will read the manual

Reagan

Go take the SS out for a spin and cut the tunes up.

Reagan

It doesn't get wet because the black is a b**ch to clean and I can't stand water spots on it after I clean it
Reading the manual makes me sleepy and the wife just left to go shopping
I am trying not to start looking for another lens to buy since I haven't received the last one yet

Reagan

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11939

That is the wonderful thing about E-Bay Reagan... it offers unending opportunities for entertainment...

Just remember, kit building is forever and since you seem to sell lenses more often than most it will take you TWICE as long as forever...

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
That is the wonderful thing about E-Bay Reagan... it offers unending opportunities for entertainment...

Just remember, kit building is forever and since you seem to sell lenses more often than most it will take you TWICE as long as forever...

Yea, I just wished I had Reagan's money to shop on ebay!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11939

Don't worry Leighton... eventually you will convert those sheep into hard currency. Of course, lens acquisition surely must compete with more pressing needs for a farmer. Man does not live by aperture rings alone...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7185

I thought of Leighton teaching his sheep to do this as I watched it.

leighton w

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I thought of Leighton teaching his sheep to do this as I watched it.

That was hilarious!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1851

Advice .. looking to buy me a lens
shall have a nikon 28 f2.8 ai-s as soon as it turn up a Used that is in good condition ..
Now I'm thinking to make an offer on a 24 f2.8 ais ..
what do you think of it?
180mm f2.8 ai-s is also on the wish list ..
thinking on a 50 1.8 does it matter with ai or ais
thanks in advance

Ronny / /

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

I was wondering what happened to Monty. Went to his recent posts and found out why

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4602

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Advice .. looking to buy me a lens
shall have a nikon 28 f2.8 ai-s as soon as it turn up a Used that is in good condition ..
Now I'm thinking to make an offer on a 24 f2.8 ais ..
what do you think of it?
180mm f2.8 ai-s is also on the wish list ..
thinking on a 50 1.8 does it matter with ai or ais
thanks in advance

Ronny / /

I love my 24mm 2.8 AIS , when I tried Reagans 28mm 2.8 AIS I found the two were very similar in sharpness with the 24 having a warmer color and the 28 bluer. Here is the comparison, the first is the 24 second is the 28
http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/p467624604

Reagan

I agree with Ray the 28 is cooler and I like that better than the warmer look
I think most C*non lens have the warmer look

As far as Ebay goes I have only one person over the years I have bought from there
They were all AF lens
The 25-50 is the first Ebay lens I have bought in a long time and I was worried but it turned out well
You think I B/S MF lens a lot. You should have seen me go thru AF ones
I was friends with the owner of the local Camera Store and he would sell me trade in lens at the price he gave the people for them.
I made out fairly well

Reagan

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Ok, was able to get out some this afternoon almost springlike in Virginia. Here is a shot with the 50mm 1.2 AIS on my new D700. Put some Provia juice on it, just 'cause I like messing around...

Reagan

Better try again

Reagan

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
leighton w wrote:
My wife took a photo of our sheep one evening last year. One of our friends who is an outstanding artist saw it on FB and asked if she could make a painting of it. She did and this is the result. She used a combination of paint and different colored strips of magazine paper and clued it to a board. I thinks it's marvelous! The photo was great too.

Very nice!

very cute Leighton

but it would be way cooler if you were in the pic .....(just giving some of it back Leighton .....lol)

ben

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7185

Lovely pic, David.

designdog wrote:
Ok, was able to get out some this afternoon almost springlike in Virginia. Here is a shot with the 50mm 1.2 AIS on my new D700. Put some Provia juice on it, just 'cause I like messing around...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4602

designdog wrote:

Looks like you are off to a great start David

Ray

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1851

Thanks for the advice Ray and Reagan
and the link

Oosty
Total Posts: 3940

We went to the West Coast of South Africa for a couple of days. The place we chose is Paternoster, a fishing village turned big city getaway (Cape Town is only about 100 miles away).(See more at http://www.sa-venues.com/attractionswc/paternoster.php ) Since 1994 the fishing industry has been affected by government giving away concessions to big operators and many former fisherfolk live close to the breadline....

We stayed in a converted cottage right on the beach and very close to a number of excellent restaurants. As it was Ingrid's birthday we chose the "Noisy Oyster" for her special lunch and for the rest had to content ourselves with less salubrious establishments and home barbecued fresh Cape Rock Lobster which we bough for a song.

My lens choice was simple 28 -45 f4.5 zoom (Exif shows 25 so as to avoid conflict with the 28 f2.8 data), my 80-200 f4 zoom and the 300 f4.5 generally tied to the TC14b.

A couple of images ..

1       2       3              2573      
       2575              3810       3811       end