Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2553

1       2       3              2553      
2554
       2555              5889       5890       end

kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

jhinkey wrote:
Thought the weather here in Seattle has been somewhat cooperating, my schedule has not, so I've missed a bunch of shooting opportunities both during the day and night time.

Managed to stuff the 400/5.6 ED AI in my camera bag along with my laptop down at the beach the other day. CPL on and hand held, thus the ISO. Nothing super interesting, but at least it's something!

John

I certainly know that feeling! Glad to see you got out for a little bit at least. I liked this one.

–Tony








kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:


VERY CUTE!

mp356 wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Sorry Ben, was busy over the weekend, couldn't put the 45 through the paces
Here's one from Sunday afternoon...

Seeing double



beverage family (CKC_9390) by Zichar, on Flickr



Nicely done Chin. Were there treats just off camera?

+1 on the cuteness! They look very well behaved.

–Tony


kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
Some of my early results with the Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. Most of these are at 5.6.



DSC_7036 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr


A bonus shot from the Series E 50mm... Played around with this one. I like how it turned out, what do you all think?

Nice set Kevin! This one was my favorite. Good job on the processing of the car shot.

–Tony



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4210
Country: South Africa

MDoc9523 wrote:
Some fun on a rainy day. In between down pours I put the 105mm 2.5 P on my D600. I was really surprised how much I like this lens on full frame. It has gone from a lens I was never too fussy about to one I really enjoy using. The only downside is that I wish it focused closer. I guess I now I really understand Curtis and his tubes



Ray these are gorgeous. Are they cropped at all? The iris is excllent and the butterfly superb.


Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4210
Country: South Africa

CGrindahl wrote:

Love your close work with the D600 Ray. I'm not surprised that you'd find a new relationship with the 105 not that you're shooting FX. I own four lenses at that focal length, at least in part because I love it so much. Of course, NMFAS which has been much discussed of late, probably had something to do with it...

I visited a friend his morning and saw these flowers as I was leaving. I had to walk to my car to pick up my camera so I could take a few shots. I mounted the 135 f/2 AI-s, first with the PK-13 extension. I later took the tube off. Here are two perspectives of these flowers.

.


Beautiful image with tube.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4210
Country: South Africa

MDoc9523 wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Really nice shots, Kev, and that last one really looks like a period piece.

+1 I agree whole heartily!


+1 Me too!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Some fun on a rainy day. In between down pours I put the 105mm 2.5 P on my D600. I was really surprised how much I like this lens on full frame. It has gone from a lens I was never too fussy about to one I really enjoy using. The only downside is that I wish it focused closer. I guess I now I really understand Curtis and his tubes




I really like this one Ray. I too found that the 105 FL was like discovering a whole new lens, I just don't seem to get mine mounted enough.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:

Love your close work with the D600 Ray. I'm not surprised that you'd find a new relationship with the 105 not that you're shooting FX. I own four lenses at that focal length, at least in part because I love it so much. Of course, NMFAS which has been much discussed of late, probably had something to do with it...

I visited a friend his morning and saw these flowers as I was leaving. I had to walk to my car to pick up my camera so I could take a few shots. I mounted the 135 f/2 AI-s, first with the PK-13 extension. I later took the tube off. Here are two perspectives of these flowers.


I have to say I like the second one better. Looking forward to seeing SF from the ferry. What a nice friend.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
Some of my early results with the Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. Most of these are at 5.6.

A bonus shot from the Series E 50mm... Played around with this one. I like how it turned out, what do you all think?


DSC_7044 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr


I like your post work with this one Kevin!



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Stunning. I really need to have one clear night when these are active down here. Loving the sights you're sharing, but I know this is something that's amazing when you see it for yourself.




mike-in-ak wrote:

I have not dug into the optical formula differences if any between the 20mm AIS, AF, and the AF-D. I use speedlights in i-TTL so the AF-D would be the best choice there. I do prefer to use AI, AIS lenses for the cold night work as I don't feel too bad when they frost over at -35°. The 24mm and 28mm and 35mm all have nasty distortion wide open that forces me to give up 2 stops to get pin point stars. Only the Noct is relatively distortion free at ƒ/1.2

I still have boat loads of MF Nikkors but I would be posting fewer Aurora shots.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

John, ours has been very less than cooperative, too, plus lugging camera gear around school along with my loaded backpack would probably be REALLY good exercise... but not when I have five flights of stairs to deal with before/after one class. Guess I will have to for summer semester though, since the Intro photography class (B&W and darkroom) is a class I chose to take, for me.

jhinkey wrote:
Thought the weather here in Seattle has been somewhat cooperating, my schedule has not, so I've missed a bunch of shooting opportunities both during the day and night time.

Managed to stuff the 400/5.6 ED AI in my camera bag along with my laptop down at the beach the other day. CPL on and hand held, thus the ISO. Nothing super interesting, but at least it's something!

John



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

+2 Tubes are fun Ray, you need to find a set. Kenko, Nikon, or a set of compatible Vivitars like Curtis uses.

Oosty wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Some fun on a rainy day. In between down pours I put the 105mm 2.5 P on my D600. I was really surprised how much I like this lens on full frame. It has gone from a lens I was never too fussy about to one I really enjoy using. The only downside is that I wish it focused closer. I guess I now I really understand Curtis and his tubes



Ray these are gorgeous. Are they cropped at all? The iris is excllent and the butterfly superb.



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 2094
Country: United States

I just listed over 15 lenses here. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1198350
NMFAS is on



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3759
Country: Singapore

GLWS Chuong



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3759
Country: Singapore

When the wife reached for the box of treats...



mepls (CKC_9393) by Zichar, on Flickr


jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8409
Country: United States

raboof wrote:
I just listed over 15 lenses here. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1198350
NMFAS is on


Yes, I caught some of it already from Chuong this morning . . . .

- John



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Zichar wrote:
When the wife reached for the box of treats...


Even better!



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 2094
Country: United States

I can "Like" now?



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Zichar wrote:
When the wife reached for the box of treats...


Even better!


+1 Chin. Great pose.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
Some of my early results with the Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. Most of these are at 5.6.



Very nice series Kevin. I do like your post-process work on the last image.



1       2       3              2553      
2554
       2555              5889       5890       end