Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2553

1       2       3              2553      
       2555              4190       4191       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13030

I'll drop one photo on the thread before heading off to bed. I was surprised to see these white blossoms open with winter still at hand. Of course, the warm days we've been experiencing surely has the plants thinking spring has arrived. This was shot at f/2.8 with the 135 f/2 AI-s.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5032

Beautiful Curtis. Spot on metering which has always been your trademark and the colors really pop. The detail in the whites is such a challenge and again the master is at work!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2837

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll drop one photo on the thread before heading off to bed. I was surprised to see these white blossoms open with winter still at hand. Of course, the warm days we've been experiencing surely has the plants thinking spring has arrived. This was shot at f/2.8 with the 135 f/2 AI-s.

Those trees are so pretty in bloom, but Lord do they screw up my allergies! Nice shot, that lens sings!

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

My friend Natosha is back in town for a little while and was kind enough to come over for a shoot. It was beautiful outside after the storm rolled through, so we took advantage of the nice weather.

#1 and #4 were shot with the 105mm 1.8 and #2 and #3 were shot with the 55mm 1.2.

Strobist Info (Shots 2-4): SB-900 fired into silver reflective umbrella and triggered by Yongnuo 603s.

Tony

Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2373

Holy crap ..wonderful pictures you take
Great set Reagan
Really nice on the flower Ray..
Great shot Jose..
Wow Z and Georg
Kevin good work
Rafael these shots are amazing!
Great shot curtis
Wonderful set Tony ... Really WOW

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

rankamateur
Total Posts: 845

B-Day party for my nephew last night and my sister in laws daughter couldn't keep her mitts off the new puppy. 35mm F2 O

Reagan
Total Posts: 2909

Rafael, good job of catching focus on those. Very colorful.
Curtis, springtime in California must be beautiful. I am sure you will keep us up with it.Good job

Reagan

Reagan

Tony, I like the first and last one the best. Very pretty woman
Ronny, Great composition. But why is she in a short sleeve shirt in the snow?
The black background,white snow and grey statue really bring out the color in her

Reagan

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5813

kings_freak wrote:
My friend Natosha is back in town for a little while and was kind enough to come over for a shoot. It was beautiful outside after the storm rolled through, so we took advantage of the nice weather.

#1 and #4 were shot with the 105mm 1.8 and #2 and #3 were shot with the 55mm 1.2.

Strobist Info (Shots 2-4): SB-900 fired into silver reflective umbrella and triggered by Yongnuo 603s.

Tony

Beautiful woman and beautiful photographs Tony!

John

Reagan

Ron, great name for a puppy but I always thought you were a CAT person
You can tell he is going to grow quickly and she has that loving look on her face

Reagan

Reagan

Let's make it 2 dogs in 1 day

501.8 with my old TC 14-A back. Thanks Scott

Reagan

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2373

Thanks
Great shot Rafae
Great short on the dog Reagan
Reagan: the girl is sculpture ... cruelly true she looked
Check in zeiss thread

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1009161/164#lastmessage

Reagan

Ronny, I thought she was real on this photo but she looked cold
On the link she is stone cold
Great shots on both threads

Reagan

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2591

Reagan wrote:
Done with sunrise for a while maybe go to Lake Okeechobee for some sunsets this weekend

Last of them

Reagan

Last one is from this morning
Sorry about all the green in February

Another great set Reagan, liked this one.

asiostygius

sbarricklow wrote:
Shot in the early '90s with a 50 mm F1.8 using Fuji Velvia.

Lovely portrait Sam.

asiostygius

georgms wrote:
Some images from today:

today's soccer-match got cancelled - D700, 16/3.5Ai

from a walk around a small lake - D700, 16/3.5 Ai too
Maybe I re-process this one...

Georg, they deserve one more look, spetacular use of the 16/3.5 and incredible conversion.

pburke
Total Posts: 1964

asiostygius wrote:
Georg, they deserve one more look, spetacular use of the 16/3.5 and incredible conversion.

they are so good, I almost find the current inflated ebay pricing for this lens acceptable

must resist...

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13030

jhinkey wrote:
kings_freak wrote:

Tony

Beautiful woman and beautiful photographs Tony!

John

Couldn't agree more Tony. First rate set of images. There is nothing quite so sweet as to have a subject willing to meet the lens openly. Those two lenses couldn't be happier and neither can we. Well done!

asiostygius

rafaelcasd wrote:
Sorry for the long post, hope the gaiety and detailed beauty of the costumes and the dancers will make it worthwhile.
I normally do not post process many photos, but when you take 400 or so D800 shots at iso 3200 you are setting your self up for a lot of work, deleting, adjusting color balance, noise, exposure, contrast, crop, leveling, and it takes hours and hours. I am sure there are faster ways, I use NX2 not for being cheap but 'cause it does everything I want to do to a photograph.

Stop the whining, here is a few more teasers. I was there with approval from the organizer but when you show up with two cameras and lenses, the staff lets you right in.

The 50-300 on a tripod commands events, I did not wish for autofocus except for the Irish dancers, their dance is flying all over the place and it was hard to follow. Exposure was the real challenge, big changes in light intensity and distribution all the time.

At 3200, the D800 is very bad for noise at the pixel level, but with excellent color, and it is true, at smaller sizes the noise is not noticeable. Considering the time spent in post processing a D3, D3s, or D4 is a much better camera for this. The results may be a bit better from the D800.

A real plus of this lens is that it focuses dead on with the indicator light, no backfocus. Quality is best at 300mm and good everywhere. Focusing at the 50mm end is actually harder than at 300mm, the whole heavy front rotates but very smoothly.

All photos at full aperture.

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego coronado world dance festival d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Rafael, fantastic set. Very nice to see how this beautifully crafted lens performs more than 3 decades afters its design in very good hands!

asiostygius

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are the results from my Frankenstein 105P. The ultimate spring test F22 vs F2.5 I am thrilled!

Perfect background Ray. "Frankenstein " is doing very well

1       2       3              2553      
       2555              4190       4191       end