1       2       3              2546      
       2548              4065       4066       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 9015

Reagan wrote:
Well since no one else is here today
I will post a couple more with the 25-50

Reagan

I like this one a lot! Isn't this camera fun?

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
Looking for some feedback here. A possible entry for the current WA. The topic is "Reflection". Image is taken with the 28-50 at f8 looking at the reflection in a glass window at a construction site. I like the reflection, the welder at work, the composition, but the fact that it is a reflection seems somewhat lost. What do you think?
Thanks
Scott

Scott, I'm going to have to agree with you. Not being able to tell it's a reflection makes it a snapshot. Go back and try again to see if you can get it to reflect some stray light or something that leaves no doubt that it is indeed a reflection.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2195

Thanks Reagan and Scott

Nice shot again Reagan
Like the shot Scott

pburke
Total Posts: 1742

leighton w wrote:
pburke wrote:

I'm waiting for my Chinese Yongnuo remote flash triggers to play with the camera indoors.

Peter

Peter, I'd be very interested in what you think about the Yongnuo flash triggers. Give us a little run down once you've had the chance to use them a bit, thanks!

Leighton,

I'll do that once they get here (from Hong Kong) - in the meantime, below the review that convinced me that these were not just the usual chinese knockoff junk and well worth the (low) price

http://youtu.be/s5shvFGUf3g

They won't do remote TTL, but that's alright - none of my flashes are that sophisticated.

Talking about Chinese knockoffs - I just received a D600 battery grip sold as "Zeikos" on ebay, and it wasn't even a Zeikos, but labeled "xti." Now they make knockoffs of knockoffs. Seems to work, but the rubberized material was peeling back minutes after I took it out of the packaging, probably due to the fast temperature change after sitting in the cold all day, but still - what the? The rubber sticks again, and it works fine, dials go in the same direction as those on the camera body, and its battery is fully recognized by the camera - about all I expected for $55. Nice and light, so it can go hiking with me (where I need the AA batteriy capability, away from chargers for 3 weeks). Nikon's grip is just too well made to compete on weight.

Peter

Reagan
Total Posts: 2868

Took the 105 and the 25-50 this morning different location just after sunrise

Reagan

raboof
Total Posts: 1436

Reagan - I cannot even get a shot like that with a 300mm. How much did you have to crop? I might have to rethink about the d600

Reagan

That is what I like about the D600
I only cropped a little of the ocean off the top and some off the bottom to even things out
I keep thinking about Scott's 300 and what king of images I might get with it
I am really starting to love this camera

Reagan

leighton w

pburke wrote:

I'm waiting for my Chinese Yongnuo remote flash triggers to play with the camera indoors.

Peter

leighton w wrote:
Peter, I'd be very interested in what you think about the Yongnuo flash triggers. Give us a little run down once you've had the chance to use them a bit, thanks!

pburke wrote:
Leighton,

I'll do that once they get here (from Hong Kong) - in the meantime, below the review that convinced me that these were not just the usual chinese knockoff junk and well worth the (low) price

http://youtu.be/s5shvFGUf3g

They won't do remote TTL, but that's alright - none of my flashes are that sophisticated.

Talking about Chinese knockoffs - I just received a D600 battery grip sold as "Zeikos" on ebay, and it wasn't even a Zeikos, but labeled "xti." Now they make knockoffs of knockoffs. Seems to work, but the rubberized material was peeling back minutes after I took it out of the packaging, probably due to the fast temperature change after sitting in the cold all day, but still - what the? The rubber sticks again, and it works fine, dials go in the same direction as those on the camera body, and its battery is fully recognized by the camera - about all I expected for $55. Nice and light, so it can go hiking with me (where I need the AA batteriy capability, away from chargers for 3 weeks). Nikon's grip is just too well made to compete on weight.

Peter

Thanks for the link. Seems like a good way to get into off camera flash. I seldom use TTL anyway.

leighton w

Reagan wrote:
That is what I like about the D600
I only cropped a little of the ocean off the top and some off the bottom to even things out
I keep thinking about Scott's 300 and what king of images I might get with it
I am really starting to love this camera

Reagan

Nice ones Reagan. That's one of the things that sold me on this camera, the ability to crop without loosing IQ.

What's LEER stand for? Let me guess.... Lee Elvis Elwood Reagan!

Reagan

My First name is Lee middle name is Reagan and I have always gone by that
I started getting Credit Card applications for the first name "Leer" so I started using it for some things
I wanted to name the dog 'Leer" but the wife wouldn't let me
So I started using it for a copywright in the camera in 2011

I hope this didn't bore anyone too much

Reagan

Oosty
Total Posts: 4016

Jose, thanks for commenting.I like your slide copying set up

Reagan - the lens and camera combo are made for each other - like the flip flops! The bird shots, esp the second egret are tops.

Peter B - be a little wary of cheap batteries. There are quite a few horror stories on the net that frightened me away from teh real cheapies.

leighton w

Reagan wrote:
My First name is Lee middle name is Reagan and I have always gone by that
I started getting Credit Card applications for the first name "Leer" so I started using it for some things
I wanted to name the dog 'Leer" but the wife wouldn't let me
So I started using it for a copywright in the camera in 2011

I hope this didn't bore anyone too much

Reagan

Would'a made a great dog name!

saph
Total Posts: 2258

Ray (FL), the result of your Frankenstein project looks very impressive. Did you get a chance to get any sample shots from the hybrid lens?

I finally got the chance to revisit the Nikki blog pics and see all of Ray, Tony, Leighton and John's latest images a couple days ago. Cool compilation and hope it gets some more coverage.

Matt, good to hear from you, and very nice to hear physical therapy has been enough.

Now where's that Monty. Still lost in AF land?

Alan, congrats on the new forthcoming addition to the family!

Americo, very nice diverse set of shots from SF. And you seem to have followed Reagan's lead in jumping in and out of camera equipment

Ronny, your gull shots have been cool, and also your shots of the cold scenery! Also good was that shot of the path leading down to a house.

Curtis, nice example from the 135 f2. I am not getting it, I am not getting it, I am not gettin..

Peter, the Paddle Cruiser and its reflection are very pleasant to look at.

Jose, thanks for the peek at your slide dupe setup. I maybe working on some old photos this weekend.

Rafael, your scenery from California is always neat. Cool new acquisition of the 5cm 1.4S. That really can be AI'd?

Ray (OH), very nice scenery of the dawn sky, moon and snow.

Ron, cool that you are taking walks in this weather. Bambi or no Bambi I am not stepping out

Reagan, super beach scenics and I am very jealous of that egret, it can fly free from here to FL and doesn't have to take leave from work

saph
Total Posts: 2258

Resumed checking out the 35mm f2 OC. Both images wide open. The lens seems plenty sharp centrally at f2. Checking out background rendition too. Haven't had the chance to look at smaller apertures yet.

Reagan

Like the second one best Samy. Nice background and lighting
He must be looking at my Egret and my dog is watching both of them

Reagan

leighton w

saph wrote:
Resumed checking out the 35mm f2 OC. Both images wide open. The lens seems plenty sharp centrally at f2. Checking out background rendition too. Haven't had the chance to look at smaller apertures yet.

Samy, your cat in the last image isn't a polydactyl cat by chance is it? We used to have one that looked just like this one that was .

The lens seems fairly sharp as well also.

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

saph wrote:

Americo, very nice diverse set of shots from SF. And you seem to have followed Reagan's lead in jumping in and out of camera equipment
Saph, Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback! Trust me, I have not really sold a lens, unless I really had to, or if I thought it would be a even trade quid pro quo! For example the Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS I sold, and miss dearly, I used the money to found a Nikon 85mm f/1.4D, until I ran into a few lager bills than expected, well, bills are never really unexpected, just out of site, and out of mind. Believe me, I hate to think of selling my Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AIS, however medicals loom their gloom over our heads, and whatever has been paid, has left a gap unable to cover the already bill in waiting xD I think however, I will just keep my lens, and ride it out, since for me my hobby has in a sense kept me sane, if that's even possible? Bills or not, my family and I are strong, and God has let us keep our daughter, and cancer has its ass kicked, and sent to labs to get dissected into oblivion, go science!

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

Reagan wrote:

Reagan

these are very nice! I love egrets, they are my favorite fowl In fact it was on a photo forum that i saw a crimson solored one for the first time! Thanks for sharing these!

Reagan

Reagan buys and sells because he has this big black and chrome thing that wants money also

Reagan

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

Reagan wrote:

Reagan

Magnifico! These are sterling Regan. White birds are very hard to get exposed correctly. You done good.

1       2       3              2546      
       2548              4065       4066       end