Total Posts: 4980

Congrats Rafael beautiful lens
Ray terrific shot!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4026

CGrindahl wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Reagan wrote:

Georg I never had given any thought that there might be Cowboys in Germany But our Cowboys don't were earrings

Reagan

There were no jewelery stores on "Brokeback mountain"

Love your quick humor Peter. Also loved the last set of images you shared. Fine work. Hope you're enjoying your summer. I'm looking forward to ours...

Thanks Curtis.

As far as summer goes remember Mark Twain's view of summer in San Francisco....

Oosty

Ray, it looks like a great job on the lenses. What are the results like?

I need you here as I have an old Pentax S3 which has a microprism focusing screen that I would like to have adapted to fit the D200

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4041

I just spent an hour doing something I haven't been able to do in a very long time. Sit and enjoy the fine images on this board. I miss the conversation and the friendly banter about lenses. And miss being able to enjoy all of the great images you guys have made.

I can't even begin to comment on them but did want to congratulate Huddy on the upcoming addition to the family.

Keep up the good work guys, soon enough I may be back here posting images. I kept a few of my MF images over the winter, although bottled up safely put away.

Matt

Oosty

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
A couple of pictures

I like them both particularly the gull

Oosty

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Inspired by Ronny I had to shoot a few today with the 135 f/2 Ai-s. Taking it out of the cabinet I'm reminded first of the fact it is one heavy lens. Then I'm reminded of what a fine lens I came upon when I finally went shopping. It is gorgeous! Here are two photos of leaves near my cottage, the first taken wide open with the 135 f/2 AI-s, the second with the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF with both a PK-11A and PK-12 attached. The 300 was set at f/5.6,

Interesting comparison. They both have nice bokeh, and personally I give the edge to the 300mm. But the color and contrast I have to give to the 135mm. Of course, this is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing this.

I agree the 300 has a nicer rendering.

Me too

Oosty

pbraymond wrote:
Dawn this AM

Excellent - the sliver of moon makes the shot.

Oosty

Matt OHarver wrote:
I just spent an hour doing something I haven't been able to do in a very long time. Sit and enjoy the fine images on this board. I miss the conversation and the friendly banter about lenses. And miss being able to enjoy all of the great images you guys have made.

I can't even begin to comment on them but did want to congratulate Huddy on the upcoming addition to the family.

Keep up the good work guys, soon enough I may be back here posting images. I kept a few of my MF images over the winter, although bottled up safely put away.

Matt

Hey Matt - good to hear from you. We miss your great images and your company.

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

An old photo i took in SF CA during a festival and after another earlier festival. this guy is a character from the manga The Black Butler, i asked he and Luigi if I could snap his pix, he obliged, my son was ecstatic!

666 Americo.Rodriguez 2013-4 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2576

Oosty wrote:
A couple with the 28-45 which due to non CPU lens clash I've called 25mm on my camera menu

Nice capture Peter!

asiostygius

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
A couple of pictures

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny, beautiful bird and OOF background.

asiostygius

Reagan wrote:

My new to me 25-50 arrived today It is the nicest one I have had so far and this time I am pretty happy with the focus and zoom ring dampness
Slapped my 72-77 step up ring on it to try and avoid the Vignetting at 25mm all filters cause it to vignette at 25mm but I only use them when I go to the ocean

Reagan

Reagan, if one day you (unlikely) think of selling this beauty, please put my name as the Nš 1 in the list

asiostygius

sataraid1 wrote:
I need a metal hood for my 50 1.5 AIs, but I'm not real keen on the "snap in" HS-9 hood. I like the straight screw-in hoods on all my other Nikon MF lenses just fine.

Is there a known equivalent to the HS-9, either brand name or genereic, that screws in?

While we're on the subject of hoods, what's the trick to shoring up a loose hood on a 300 f/4.5 EDIF? Mine is quite loose. I'd be fine with just running some gaffer's tape along the barrel, but there seems to be no way to get a strip of tape in the location where it could do any good. Is there a way to get the hood off for tightening?

Thanks in advance.

As Curtis has already pointed out, the best option is the HN-7, since its measurements are similar to the HS-9
In this link you can confirm that and search for other possible alternatives, as the HN-5:
http://www.nikonlinks.com/Third-Party/Lens-Hoods_Rick-Housh.htm

asiostygius

CGrindahl wrote:
Inspired by Ronny I had to shoot a few today with the 135 f/2 Ai-s. Taking it out of the cabinet I'm reminded first of the fact it is one heavy lens. Then I'm reminded of what a fine lens I came upon when I finally went shopping. It is gorgeous! Here are two photos of leaves near my cottage, the first taken wide open with the 135 f/2 AI-s, the second with the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF with both a PK-11A and PK-12 attached. The 300 was set at f/5.6,

Both great for me. I suppose at f/5.6 the 135/2 would deliver a busier bokeh than the 300/4.5.

asiostygius

pbraymond wrote:
Dawn this AM

Well done!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9136

rankamateur wrote:
How does one spend this kind of money and just forget about it.

Because they have more money than sense!

leighton w

rafaelcasd wrote:
New purchase! always wanted the 5cm 1:2.0 S, not the H, this is the very first 50mm for Nikon reflex cameras, cannot be factory ai converted, now I have every 50mm design, but the ais 1.4. These are the ebay photos. Not in my hands yet, will keep the 5.8cm good company.

Congrats Rafael, it looks like a beauty. Are you going to AI it?

leighton w

fsiagian wrote:
Curtis, D600 allows me to manual focus better with my mf lenses again. Much better than the d7000. I tried using my 105 2.5, 180, and 50 series e that I still have, my keepers are not so bad. Giving me hope again.

Ferdi, this is the number one reason I went to the D600, to make it easier to focus, which it does very well.

leighton w

Matt OHarver wrote:

Matt

Oosty wrote:
Hey Matt - good to hear from you. We miss your great images and your company.

+1 !!!

asiostygius

Thank you Georg, Reagan, Peter and James for the kind comments.

Ray (Ohio), take a look at this site:
http://www.throughthefmount.com/articles_tips_digitise.html

His setup has worked for me.

1       2       3              2543      
       2545              4152       4153       end