Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2542

1       2       3              2542      
       2544              5887       5888       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Tony's second post.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/03/tony-rs-second-post.html

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

Mike, I'm a sucker for photos like the sunset you posted, though I keep thinking that I've finally spotted the comet in the pic until I blow the dust speck off the monitor!

Scott, very nice take on the construction equipment. The lsight glow and slightly busy bokeh (at least in my eyes) actually make for a neat "effect" for this particular subject.

Rafael, the under bridge art is eye opening, well done on both your part in capturing the location and on the artist's Part. I actually enjoy the context provided in your pictures than on the "official" Chicano Park website - maybe they would use your pics there.

leighton w

One from the recent snow storm.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

mp356 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Today I used the 85mm 1.4 on the new D600. My first observation was how much easier it was to see the focus. I have pretty good eye sight and still this viewfinder made a world of difference. The first was at 1.4, second at 2.0 and third at 2.8

Ray you are doing some amazing stuff with your new D600. Are you glad you made the transition?

Ray, these are simply superb!! No tube used?

asiostygius

jhinkey wrote:
mike-in-ak wrote:
While waiting for sunset to look for the comet.

D700 - Noct-Nikkor 58mm /1.2 - ISO 1600 - /11 - 1/1250

Excellent!

+100!

asiostygius

leighton w wrote:

Very nice capture and conversion.

asiostygius

Thanks Ray, Scott, Peter and Leighton for the comments.

Scott, loved the rust and dirt on the "construction equipament";

Rafael, amazing graffiti shots with the 20/3.5 UD. Did you use the lens hood??

John, backfocused or not, your film set and digital duping with 55/3.5 is great.

asiostygius

For those of you interested on more detailed readings on Pompeii and Herculaneum, I have found these days an excellent site:

https://sites.google.com/site/ad79eruption/

For today morning a fountain of the "House of the Large Fountain" at Pompeii:

Large Fountain at the "House of the Large Fountain" at Pompeii by labecoaves, on Flickr

2 shots pano through an iron grid, since unfortunately the house was closed. I was more than 20 m away from the fountain. Need to use a teleconverter to add some reach.

The fountain consists of a pediment set over a niche faced with mosaic in polychrome glass and sea shells. Water flowed from an opening in the niche down to 5-6 steps into a basin. There are 2 tragic masks on either side of the niche.

D7000 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd + TC16A (=136mm f/2.8), ISO 320, wide open at 1/4000s. ~50% cropped. It looks like a female House Sparrow.
I think this is not bad for a wide open 40 years old lens + the overlooked TC16A.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2484

asiostygius wrote:

Rafael, amazing graffiti shots with the 20/3.5 UD. Did you use the lens hood??

Jose, I am a rich man because I own Three HN-9s! . Seen these go for $75-100 on the Bay.

However no hood was on the lens, just made sure the lens was in the shade of the freeway.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

asiostygius wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Very nice capture and conversion.

Love this image Leighton. The strong contrast between the dark sky and brilliant snow is really striking. This is a classic with the bare trees and fence. You live in beautiful country that has far too much snow in it for a California boy...

CGrindahl

Jose, I'm really blown away by the photos you're sharing. I had no idea how extensive the mosaics are in Pompeii. I'm delighted that you are sharing so many photos from your visit. And you're certainly demonstrating beautifully how capable these MF lenses are. You brought a serious kit along... First rate work!

CGrindahl

Love the graffiti Rafael and definitely envy you that fine 20 f/3.5 UD lens. That is another of the pre-AI lenses not likely to be added to my kit, simply because they demand a premium... fast and wide will do that every time. Excellent work with it.

CGrindahl

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Just got this in the mail. I know Jose will be wild for this, though he may have seen it before. It was not taken with Nikon MF gear, but I had to share it with everyone.

Birds of Paradise Project

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

jhinkey wrote:
mike-in-ak wrote:
While waiting for sunset to look for the comet.

D700 - Noct-Nikkor 58mm /1.2 - ISO 1600 - /11 - 1/1250

Excellent!

+1 very nice!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4209

leighton w wrote:

Lovely

mp356

Kry27 wrote:
Just over night, it turned very cold again here and it has started snowing...

85mm

I like the detail and straight lines in this image. It feels cold. Which 85mm lens did you use?

mp356

leighton w wrote:

Wonderful Leighton. Nice b&w conversion. The sky is great.

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

CGrindahl wrote:
WOW! WOW! WOW!

Just got this in the mail. I know Jose will be wild for this, though he may have seen it before. It was not taken with Nikon MF gear, but I had to share it with everyone.

Birds of Paradise Project

Wow is an understatement. Great video.

David

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

I searched this site and got no hits on "Flickriver," so I assume it has not been mentioned here. I go there to see what lenses I am drooling over can do, or to stop my from wanting more.

For example, I've been reading my 20mm f3.5 AIS is only really good at close range, so I've found myself shopping for a modern ultrawide, but whenever I get close to pulling the trigger on some serious glass like the 16-35mm VR, I go to Flickriver for a second opinion and to see what the lenses I already own can do -- and the 20mm is all I really need. The rest is just pixel counting:

http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/20mmf35ais/

here's the menu to find a feed for the lens you are eyeballing right now
http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/

leighton w

Thanks for the nice comments guys! I really do appreciate them.

Peter, Thank you very much for the link, what a great resource!

1       2       3              2542      
       2544              5887       5888       end