Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2536

1       2       3              2536      
       2538              5887       5888       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

Ronny, these of Nitro are good, but the one with the Zeiss is fantastic!

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5053

Thanks Leighton

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

My new D600 came yesterday about 15 min before I had to leave for work, so I had to wait until today to give this bad boy a work out. My first observation was that compared to the D7000 it felt more substantial. Weight wasn't that much more but it does feels thicker and the grip more sculpted. After a day of using the camera I was impressed at the viewfinder. It was so nice to see the focus instead of relying on the green dot. I can't believe how wide my 24mm really is, not to mention the 16mm 3.5. It is sorta like having a whole new set of lenses because they all behave so differently. I used the 16mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm and the 300mm and I was most impressed by the 16mm 3.5. Here are a few of the photos I took today using that beautiful fish eye.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

Congrats Ray! Beautiful set to start the journey with. That was my first thought when I got mine, wow, what a viewfinder. And it really is like having a whole new bag of lenses. keep them coming, you're gonna love this camera.

Reagan
Total Posts: 4615

Nice, Its about time you showed up

Reagan

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

MDoc9523 wrote:
My new D600 came yesterday about 15 min before I had to leave for work, so I had to wait until today to give this bad boy a work out. My first observation was that compared to the D7000 it felt more substantial. Weight wasn't that much more but it does feels thicker and the grip more sculpted. After a day of using the camera I was impressed at the viewfinder. It was so nice to see the focus instead of relying on the green dot. I can't believe how wide my 24mm really is, not to mention the 16mm 3.5. It is sorta like having a whole new set of lenses because they all behave so differently. I used the 16mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm and the 300mm and I was most impressed by the 16mm 3.5. Here are a few of the photos I took today using that beautiful fish eye.

Ray, a big from my side. Love that first shot. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with other MF-Nikkor's too.

MDoc9523

Thanks guys. Most photos required very little in the way of post work. BTW these photo's were taken at Holis Gardens in Lakeland, Florida

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4677

MDoc9523 wrote:

Fantastic images! Wish I could afford a D600...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8403

Awesome Kevin! Wish we had some blue skies around here to use the 16/3.5 with . . . been drab and dreary for a couple of weeks now.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Those are Ray's shots John...

And they are lovely... taken with his new D600.

I grabbed this yesterday with the 135 f/2 AI-s, wide open... the laughing Buddha hanging from my mirror.

kwoodard

jhinkey wrote:
Awesome Kevin! Wish we had some blue skies around here to use the 16/3.5 with . . . been drab and dreary for a couple of weeks now.

Man, I wish these were mine...but they are Ray's and his new D600... Abandoned us in Dx land for the Fx goodness...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8403

kwoodard wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

Man, I wish these were mine...but they are Ray's and his new D600... Abandoned us in Dx land for the Fx goodness...

Sorry - I'm on the road with my laptop and didn't follow the original post! Great images Ray!

I'm sure you will someday take great 16/3.5 images too Kevin when you get that D600 and a 16/3.5 . . .

kwoodard

jhinkey wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

Sorry - I'm on the road with my laptop and didn't follow the original post! Great images Ray!

I'm sure you will someday take great 16/3.5 images too Kevin when you get that D600 and a 16/3.5 . . .

I wish! I am trying to figure out how to buy your 100mm still...

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Ronny, absolutely awesome jump-shot of Nitro over at the Zeiss-thread! But your pictures taken with MF-Nikkors are brilliant too - love especially the first one taken with the 180/2.8.

Reagan, very nice B&W from the railroad tracks!

Tony, cool close-ups taken with Nikki! Personal fav is the Ink-knife for it's "flowing colors" (sorry, don't have better words for it).

James, excellent high-key-portrait. I really like the posture and the perfect post-processing.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

Daylight savings time = light after work
Nice light + sky = opportunity
Overcoming laziness and getting out with my MF Nikkors = picture to share

MDoc9523

jhinkey wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

Thank you Georg, John, Curtis and Kevin. Thoroughly enjoyed using the D600.
Kevin you can't be a serious member here unless you have purchased a lens from John. I bought my 24mm 2.8 AIS from John 2 years ago and can I say I didn't really know how good a lens that it was until today. That lens really shines on the D600!

MDoc9523

Ray those are lovely colors!

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

Georg, the love lock picture is cool.

James, awesome high key portrait.

Reagan, I like the third rail shot a lot, esp after the slight angle tweak.

Ray, awesome work with the 16 f3.5! The way you are framing stuff you'd think you were an old hand at FE shots.

Ray

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

georgms wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Ray, a big from my side. Love that first shot. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with other MF-Nikkor's too.

Congrats Ray. I like this one as well. Can't wait to see more.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

pbraymond wrote:
Daylight savings time = light after work
Nice light + sky = opportunity
Overcoming laziness and getting out with my MF Nikkors = picture to share

Nice image Ray.

1       2       3              2536      
       2538              5887       5888       end