Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2535

1       2       3              2535      
2536
       2537              5885       5886       end

Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4614
Country: United States

Nicely done, Jim
Tony, nice series the PK-13

Reagan



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
Thank you all for the compliments on my tulip tree. Seems that everyone likes the monochrome background version the best. This brings me to a question.

When any of you are trying to isolate a flower (or something else small, yet living) and cannot really do it short of picking the flower and then photographing it, do you keep some sort of background with you to place behind the subject or do you use like a very long focal length to obliterate the background? When I see shots where the subject is nicely isolated, I always wonder if the plants you are shooting just don't have neighbors or if they have been cut...


Kevin, there's different ways to isolate flowers, but one way is to use flash. You under expose for the ambient light and then pop it with a flash. This video explains it in detail:



Hope this helps.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
Out today with just the 50 1.4 SC . It says "Auto" after that. I thought it was either Auto Focus or that I could drive it Does anyone know what it means?

Some stuff A little rust, Graffiti and a direction





Reagan

Some good stuff Reagan, I like this one the best.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
I've tried to get some sun-stars with the 20/3.5 Ais today, but had no luck. So here's a shot from sunday - playing with a 55/1.2 at it's minimum focusing distance. Amazing to my eyes how the fence melts away.

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
55/1.2 Ai wide open and at minimum focusing distance. The framing could have been better - too much concentration on the focus...


Wow Georg great shot, you and Reagan have inspired me to get my 50/1.2 out.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

kings_freak wrote:
It is a little slow here tonight, so I took Nikki around the shop with the PK-13 attached trying to get some abstract close-ups. I even found a few flowers outside! Too bad it was extremely dark when I found them. Nothing that a tripod and almost 2 second exposure won't fix!

–Tony


First sign of Spring! by T&J Photography, on Flickr


Some nice work with Nikki Tony, this one being my favorite. Don't forget the blog!



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4614
Country: United States

Thanks, Leighton. Are you tired of the 28 yet? I will take it back if your tired of it

Reagan



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
Thanks, Leighton. Are you tired of the 28 yet? I will take it back if your tired of it

Reagan

Ok, I'm asking $350.



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4614
Country: United States

My humble attempt at B/W
What better place than Railroad Tracks
50 1.4 SC

Reagan



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Love the first and last ones Reagan, you did a good job with the conversion. I didn't know y'all had anything other then sand in Florida!



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Reagan, I'm really enjoying your recent work. I'm glad you've found renewed interest in shooting. The D600 seems to be doing the trick... BW can be fun. That last photo is a treat, though I believe you should rotate it slightly counterclockwise. Check it out and see what you think.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Rafael, I haven't tackled the aperture ring switch yet... a combination of my normal procrastination, which has many facets, and the state of my toolkit. I'm pretty certain I'll need to borrow a small screwdriver for the tiny screw at the side of the ring. I've never taken a carburetor apart but I have replaced a few engines... so I should be able to handle this. I'll take a few photos along the way for the good of the order.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5637
Country: United States

kings_freak wrote:
It is a little slow here tonight, so I took Nikki around the shop with the PK-13 attached trying to get some abstract close-ups. I even found a few flowers outside! Too bad it was extremely dark when I found them. Nothing that a tripod and almost 2 second exposure won't fix!

–Tony


Little Feet by T&J Photography, on Flickr



Nice close-up work Tony.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5637
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
My humble attempt at B/W
What better place than Railroad Tracks
50 1.4 SC

Reagan


Reagan, I liked the first two of this set. Didn't your mom tell you not to stand in the railroad tracks!



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4614
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
Reagan, I'm really enjoying your recent work. I'm glad you've found renewed interest in shooting. The D600 seems to be doing the trick... BW can be fun. That last photo is a treat, though I believe you should rotate it slightly counterclockwise. Check it out and see what you think.



I think its better now
I never noticed it till you mentioned it

Reagan



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4614
Country: United States

mp356 wrote:
Reagan wrote:
My humble attempt at B/W
What better place than Railroad Tracks
50 1.4 SC

Reagan


Reagan, I liked the first two of this set. Didn't your mom tell you not to stand in the railroad tracks!


Actually I was lying down on the second one
I must have thought I was in France

Reagan



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5049
Country: Sweden

Great shot Reagan Roland Georg Tony and James

You may hold to put up with a little more dog pictures that I have not come
out with the camera for a while .. Have and took some pictures with my zeiss.
If you liked the jump image on nitro, so I took one that I'm very satisfied
with the zeiss 85 1.4 .. this was taken wide open
If you are interested, here is the picture

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/860134/827


Some with 105 f2.5 Ai .. hope not I put them up before

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Some with 180mm Ai-s

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

50 1.8 Ai

Nikkor 50 1.8 Ai by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Kry27
Registered: Oct 15, 2012
Total Posts: 172
Country: Switzerland

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Reagan Roland Georg Tony and James

...

Some with 180mm Ai-s


Thank you, Ronny.

The 180mm is actually the next one on my wish list... for a growing collection of mf primes (infected by this thread).



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5049
Country: Sweden

Kry27 wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Reagan Roland Georg Tony and James

...

Some with 180mm Ai-s


Thank you, Ronny.

The 180mm is actually the next one on my wish list... for a growing collection of mf primes (infected by this thread).


Really Geat lens it is.. love it! So that's is a very good choice



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4614
Country: United States

Nice photos Ronny. I think most of us follow the Zeiss thread

Reagan



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5049
Country: Sweden

Reagan wrote:
Nice photos Ronny. I think most of us follow the Zeiss thread

Reagan

Thanks Reagan.. hope soon to see more from you in that thread



1       2       3              2535      
2536
       2537              5885       5886       end