Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2533

1       2       3              2533      
       2535              4321       4322       end

mp356
Total Posts: 4354

leighton w wrote:
saph wrote:
And one more from the Baltimore waterfront. With the 50 1.2 AIS.

Thanks for sharing this one Samy, brings back some memories of when my uncle took me and a friend on board his cutter that he was skipper of. It was dry docked in Baltimore getting some work done on it. This is me with the long hair.

Leighton, they might have taken a bit of that hair if your uncle had talked you into staying aboard.

mp356

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Here is a shot taken with Nikki last summer but in b/w version now :

Philippe, I really liked it then, and like it even more now. Nice conversion.
Scott

mp356

Thank you Ray, Peter, Curtis, and Jeff for the comments.

Reagan, are you thinking of repainting your Chevy into the Hoover Dam tour limo color?

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1099

I was driving in the desert yesterday morning and came upon a very unusual "quilted" sky. I pulled over and took a few shots with the 105mm. Here's one after a b&w conversion.

Reagan
Total Posts: 3012

mp356 wrote:
Thank you Ray, Peter, Curtis, and Jeff for the comments.

Reagan, are you thinking of repainting your Chevy into the Hoover Dam tour limo color?

No not my color but if you are ever in Vegas or Sedona that is the way to take a tour
We went on 3 different tours with them Hoover Dam,Valley of Fire and Zion National Park with only 8 people on the truck.It was really a very personal way to get to see the area

Reagan

James Markus
Total Posts: 4446

rafael - these look like the covers to a sci-fi movie. Wonderful!

Promise this will be the last one, I just loved the light this morning and at least the subject is different than usual. Nikkor 50-300 ed ais D800, the prior one was D3 with 400mm. The D3 is really good but the D800 is so much better, and I don't mean pixels - color - true resolution, exposure latitude/dynamic range.
Didn't know if the name should be accidental art #2, or no mo power.

Tony - really like this one!
Haven't been shooting any MF lately, but still browsing the thread. Here is a 8 shot pano from the vineyards last weekend.

–Tony

Wow Curtis...really sharp!
The 25-50 f/4 AI-s has two rings, as you surely know Reagan, a larger zoom ring and smaller focus ring. On my copy of the lens the focus ring is nicely damped and the zoom ring is a tad looser. But until the lenses with a push pull combined ring, there is no slippage, so loose doesn't feel like a problem. In fact, I like the light touch required to zoom the lens in and out, as needed.

I remember some of those shots from your trip to Las Vegas. I imagine you'll make good use of your new lens. It looks like a winner.

Here's an old shot I took with my copy. I've posted it before but it shows how the lens handles flare. I was facing the sun as i shot this.

Philippe Wow!

Georg - I like this
Wow, fantastic images on the last pages! Will come back later to comment some of my favs.
Here's a picture taken a few minutes ago - it's snowing again;-)

Jose, Thanks for the coma test.

James Markus

Couple more from this combo
Nikkor 400mm f5.6 ais + Nikon 1.4x tc-a + 20mm extension tube.

Nikkor 35mm f2.0 ai - I was going for this effect. I was surprised that I only found two keepers out of about 30 tries of different forest compositions. You can see the second one
HERE

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3006

James Markus wrote:
Nikkor 35mm f2.0 ai - I was going for this effect. I was surprised that I only found two keepers out of about 30 tries of different forest compositions. You can see the second one
HERE

Is that done by moving the camera along the vertical? I like it and the second one as well.

James Markus

Kevin - yes.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4043

georgms wrote:
Wow, fantastic images on the last pages! Will come back later to comment some of my favs.
Here's a picture taken a few minutes ago - it's snowing again;-)

Quickly taken with Nikki's sister, the Nikkor-H Auto 85/1.8 I got from Paul
I don't know if the pulsating spots did a good job on the flakes or not...

Georg - very creative and well visualised.

Oosty

saph wrote:
And one more from the Baltimore waterfront. With the 50 1.2 AIS.

Samy, this is perfect use of a fast , excellent lens to capture a scene with many interesting aspects. Because of the perspective one's eye is immediately drawn to the figure and the red stripe and despite everything being in great focus, the brain eliminates the rest of the image. But when I look at the detail eleswhere it has none of the flatness of a scene like this taken wide open. I love it.

Oosty

CGrindahl wrote:
The 25-50 f/4 AI-s has two rings, as you surely know Reagan, a larger zoom ring and smaller focus ring. On my copy of the lens the focus ring is nicely damped and the zoom ring is a tad looser. But until the lenses with a push pull combined ring, there is no slippage, so loose doesn't feel like a problem. In fact, I like the light touch required to zoom the lens in and out, as needed.

I remember some of those shots from your trip to Las Vegas. I imagine you'll make good use of your new lens. It looks like a winner.

Here's an old shot I took with my copy. I've posted it before but it shows how the lens handles flare. I was facing the sun as i shot this.

Wonderful sharpness across the entire image and really well worth seeing again, Curtis

Oosty

mp356 wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

Philippe, I really liked it then, and like it even more now. Nice conversion.
Scott

+1

Oosty

Foggy14 wrote:
I was driving in the desert yesterday morning and came upon a very unusual "quilted" sky. I pulled over and took a few shots with the 105mm. Here's one after a b&w conversion.

Beautiful sky Jeff.

Thanks for the comments.

Oosty

This lens is for sale here today - it is exactly what I have and R1 100 is equal to about $120. If anyone is interested I'll buy it and post it to you.

"Nikon 80-200mm F4 AIS MF telephoto zoom lens. Very good condition. Excellent lens. Contact Dr R Wolhuter, 0 21-887 5120 R 1,100 "

Peter

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2490

Thanks
Very nice pictures from all of you

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 9493

saph wrote:
Leighton, seems like a fun memory of Baltimore. Wild guess, that picture's from 1975?

Samy

Good guess Samy, I think it was 1975.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9493

Foggy14 wrote:

Jeff, the composition of this one, in conjunction with the clouds makes it.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1099

Leighton and Peter, thanks for the comments.

Jim, I really like the background in the first squirrel shot on this page. The vertical blur photo is very nice.

Ronny, great capture of the horse. The still head, but motion in the body is eye catching.

Reagan
Total Posts: 3012

Nice capture, Ronnie

Reagan

1       2       3              2533      
       2535              4321       4322       end