Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2532

1       2       3              2532      
       2534              5889       5890       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

Haldunk, nice flowers, but this thread is for Nikon Manual Focus Lenses on Nikon branded bodies, please refer to the opening post of this thread, way way back on page 1, post #1

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/0#8774868

In the meantime, there's a similar thread in the ALT forum, where they mix and match brand bodies and brand lenses

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/55

Do come back with any Nikon branded body/lenses though.

haldunk wrote:
Steven, both lenses work wonderful. Thank you so much. Here's a few example from your Nikkor 50mm 1.4 on Nex7. Now, I am looking for an old non Ai 85mm 1.8 lens.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

Jose, they really liked their public art, it seems.

asiostygius wrote:
Another decorative fresco from Casca Longus house:

Peter, thanks. I use that lens hand held, and I just store those pesky mounts on the camera so they don't get lost. When I use the 300 or 400, it goes on the tripod mount where it belongs I have a feeling that chemistry is going to haunt my dreams for the rest of my life

Oosty wrote:

Laura - like the new goats, not too sure about the "back to school" images ( I still dream about not finishing assignments!) and I have to assume that you put the long lens on just to show what the bag could accommodate otherwise you''d have the tripod shoe on the lens. Not so?

Curtis, you were on hiatus when I made the announcement. I'm desperately trying to hang on as it's not as easy this time around, especially the chemistry. Math, no problem, there's also an English Comp book in that bag, but it's so small you can't see it at the top of that pile.

CGrindahl wrote:

Wow! I'm impressed Laura and I imagine other students are as well. It is never too late to dive into academic study. Hope you're enjoying yourself. I've been a bit of a lifelong students, though my days of being enrolled at a university passed over twenty years ago. But there are many ways to be a student, not least of which discussions like this. You were the first to give me a lesson on extension tubes and doubtless those conversations contributed to my later exploration. We can do that for one another. So yes, we tempt each other to buy new/old lenses, but there is a considerable amount of learning that happens here and is kindly shared.

Have fun!

+1 Peter, that's an excellent portrait for sure!

kings_freak wrote:
Oosty wrote:
With the 5cm f2 - it is a great lens!

Excellent portrait, Peter!

傍ony

65ー F/18ーC on Sunday, down to 35ーF / 2ーC this morning. I'll still take my cold temps.

Reagan wrote:

Too chilly with the wind for me. I usually wait till April when the Spanish Mackerel come in
and around sunrise after that

Reagan

Thanks Tony. This kid just kept playing till I got it right.

kings_freak wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
some more stuff from the weekend

Cute goat shots Laura!

傍ony

Wow, early morning, and no Leighton? Hope everything's ok there.

And now that spring break is over, back to school and those books...

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

Tony, Laura - thank you

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Wow, early morning, and no Leighton? Hope everything's ok there.
And now that spring break is over, back to school and those books...

Yep, all is well, just not enough time to visit!

Thanks for handling business!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

CGrindahl wrote:
I just received notification that lens number 33 will arrive shortly. I won an auction on E-Bay for another pre-AI lens, this a 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. The fact it was AI'd wasn't noted in the description or made obvious by the three photos included in the listing. But I noticed the rabbit ears had holes in them and the bottom of the aperture ring was clearly from a Nikon AI conversion kit. There were a number of bidders but I'm happy with the price I paid. Here's what the lens looks like... another beauty with scalloped focusing ring.

Congrats Curtis, looking forward to the photoss.
Rafael

stevenvh
Total Posts: 127

haldunk wrote:
Steven, both lenses work wonderful. Thank you so much. Here's a few example from your Nikkor 50mm 1.4 on Nex7. Now, I am looking for an old non Ai 85mm 1.8 lens.

I'm glad you're enjoying the lenses, nice photos!

cheers

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

kings_freak wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I just received notification that lens number 33 will arrive shortly. I won an auction on E-Bay for another pre-AI lens, this a 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. The fact it was AI'd wasn't noted in the description or made obvious by the three photos included in the listing. But I noticed the rabbit ears had holes in them and the bottom of the aperture ring was clearly from a Nikon AI conversion kit. There were a number of bidders but I'm happy with the price I paid. Here's what the lens looks like... another beauty with scalloped focusing ring.

Very nice Curtis! That is exactly what I have been looking for. Oh well, the hunt continues!

傍ony

+1

My NMFAS virus tells me that I have to buy scalloped lens small kit (20 or 24; 50 or 55, 105 and 135 or 200)

asiostygius

Kry27 wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback. Not my first pictures in here, but posting so seldomn, I can expect anyone to remember...

Here are a few more from the last day, Saturday last, when the weather turned worse and we decided to go for a sledge run before leaving. All with the 16mm/3.5.

Roland

Special mood...
clouds, snow, wideness, all alone there...

HELP: Why are they copyrighted all of a sudden? Can you see them?
EDIT: solved

Roland, all fantastic, but I liked the most this one.

asiostygius

kings_freak wrote:
georgms wrote:
Some shots from today - we got fresh snow and I couldn't resist to de-bag the 16/3.5 for some cheap thrills ;-)
All images taken around the same spot - a small area between the old city-wall and a former convent.

This one is awesome!

傍ony

+100!

asiostygius

Thanks Chuong, Tony and Laura.

Choung, in fact the second shot was not a crop, I used the short distance focusing of the Micro 55/3.5.

Continuing Pompeii's second day visit:
One of the best preserved defence towers.

The "Vesuvius Gate" at Pompeii by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 400, f/8 at 1/1000s. ~15% cropped.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

asiostygius wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Very nice Curtis! That is exactly what I have been looking for. Oh well, the hunt continues!

傍ony

+1

My NMFAS virus tells me that I have to buy scalloped lens small kit (20 or 24; 50 or 55, 105 and 135 or 200)

Its really all Ben's fault. I was quite content with my kit of AI and AI-s lenses until he showed up with his 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd. That was the first converted pre-AI lens I bought. I immediately fell in love with the build quality and the scalloped metal focusing ring. From that moment in time I've bought only pre-AI lenses. This will be my ninth, though only eight can be mounted on my D700. My only two criteria in making these purchase is 1) the lens must already have the Nikon AI conversion kit installed, and 2) that the lens be in EX or better condition. More recently, I've been looking to get the last version of the lens, which typically carries a "C" designation, meaning it has the latest coating added. Except in rare situations, this means the pre-AI lens has the same coating as found in AI and AI-s lenses. This led to my purchase of a second copy of the 50 f/1.4, a clean, non-converted S.C. If I ever work up the courage I'll switch the aperture ring from the S copy I own so I'll end up with a pristine S.C. with the conversion kit.

This is all in fun... a hobby gone wild... I recommend it to my friends...

Kry27
Total Posts: 172

Kry27 wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback. Not my first pictures in here, but posting so seldomn, I can expect anyone to remember...

I found my old posts - Yes, I've been welcomed already, thank you all again. Here a few older ones:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2354#11187805
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2349#11185123

And for the fish-eye fans:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2359#11190515
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2359#11190555

asiostygius wrote:

Thank you. (I replaced it since yesterday, cutting off the terrible dust on the right.)

Cleaning sensor right now...

EDIT:

Wow, I should do that more often, I know - tons of dirt coming off the sensor. Didn't expect so many dots when doing the "before" picture...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8409

Kry27 wrote:
Kry27 wrote:

I found my old posts - Yes, I've been welcomed already, thank you all again. Here a few older ones:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2354#11187805
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2349#11185123

And for the fish-eye fans:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2359#11190515
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2359#11190555

asiostygius wrote:

Thank you. (I replaced it since yesterday, cutting off the terrible dust on the right.)

Cleaning sensor right now...

EDIT:

Wow, I should do that more often, I know - tons of dirt coming off the sensor. Didn't expect so many dots when doing the "before" picture...

Nice work with the 16/3.5 Roland!

It's almost like we need to form our own splinter MF Nikkor group - just for the 16mm FEs

John

James Markus
Total Posts: 4801

To Grand Mothers House we go...

This is at the "over the river" stage in the journey. Nikkor 28mm f2.8

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

CGrindahl wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

傍ony

+1

Its really all Ben's fault. I was quite content with my kit of AI and AI-s lenses until he showed up with his 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd. That was the first converted pre-AI lens I bought. I immediately fell in love with the build quality and the scalloped metal focusing ring. From that moment in time I've bought only pre-AI lenses. This will be my ninth, though only eight can be mounted on my D700. My only two criteria in making these purchase is 1) the lens must already have the Nikon AI conversion kit installed, and 2) that the lens be in EX or better condition. More recently, I've been looking to get the last version of the lens, which typically carries a "C" designation, meaning it has the latest coating added. Except in rare situations, this means the pre-AI lens has the same coating as found in AI and AI-s lenses. This led to my purchase of a second copy of the 50 f/1.4, a clean, non-converted S.C. If I ever work up the courage I'll switch the aperture ring from the S copy I own so I'll end up with a pristine S.C. with the conversion kit.

OK......I'll bite.

My fault huh? You may remember that - at that time everyone was gushing over the 50mm f1.2 - and I suggested the 55mm f1.2SC as a worthy alternative - as did Mihai. Somehow that turned into you buying 8 lenses in 2 weeks.

I'm thinking one of us may have a problem?

ben
ps enjoy the 24mm NC - it's a very cute lens.

bruni

pbraymond wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
pburke wrote:
Going with the recent B+W mood, here are some from 1989, Kodak T-Max 400, scanned today. Camera was F3HP with an AI'd 28mm f3.5

h0.jpg

I really dig this shot. Great perspective.

傍ony

+1, shows it's not the gear but the eye.

+1
love this and the earlier car shot - great compositions both of them

ben

Reagan
Total Posts: 4619

bruni wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

傍ony

+1

OK......I'll bite.

My fault huh? You may remember that - at that time everyone was gushing over the 50mm f1.2 - and I suggested the 55mm f1.2SC as a worthy alternative - as did Mihai. Somehow that turned into you buying 8 lenses in 2 weeks.

ben

Ben, I think he needs the 24 PCE

Reagan

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Too funny, and hope I never get to the point of 8 in 2 weeks

bruni wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

OK......I'll bite.

ben

bruni

Reagan wrote:
bruni wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I just received notification that lens number 33 will arrive shortly. I won an auction on E-Bay for another pre-AI le
傍ony

+1

Ben, I think he needs the 24 PCE

Reagan

yeah, well, Reagan ....see that's the sick part.....when I mentioned I'd bought the 24mm 2.8 NC....Curtis piped in that he didn't like the 24mm FL....... was an awkward length for him, preferred 20 or 28.....mmmm....so, I guess he wouldn't be too keen on the PCE

ben

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Truth be told, I like pre-AI lenses at any focal length. You're right Ben, I wasn't interested in the 24 f/2.8 N.C. when I first began experimenting with these lenses. That is before this particular facet of the addiction got hold of me... Now, just about any pre-AI lens in EX+ condition that has the AI conversion kit is subject to scrutiny and possibly a bid. But that is conditioned by price, since I'll certainly not pay $500 for a 35 f/1.4 N.C. AI'd any time soon. I also doubt I'd pay a premium for a 28 f/2 N.C. AI'd. I'm still looking for good deals, but frankly, I think I have just about all the pre-AI lenses available. Of course, if an 85 f/1.8 H.C. came my way... but then, wait a minute... There IS a copy of that lens soon on its way... Mmm.

1       2       3              2532      
       2534              5889       5890       end