Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2512

1       2       3              2512      
       2514              5885       5886       end

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

cadman342001 wrote:
A few with my new D800E and 50mm 1.8 ais. Just went for a walk around town during my lunch hour. SOOC jpegs.

(Waiting on the postman to bring me mint copies of the following - 105/2.8 micro, 20/2.8, 28/2.8 and 200/4 all ais)

The old courthouse. Now a pub !

Firstly welcome. Cairns is such a lovely place and I expect you will make us all jealous with some great shots in the permanent sunshine.
Nice shots of the courthouse-come-pub although this doesn’t do the Aussie stereotype any favours.
In your last shots have the Dutch landed? Hupp Oranje!

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

Oosty wrote:
At Keurboomstrand (50 km from home) for lunch. A couple of cropped panos with the 29 2.8 ai-d

Great one Peter, what a fab place to go for lunch.
I admire all the pano's that you and others have put up recently, they are great work.

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

leighton w wrote:
cadman342001 wrote:
A few with my new D800E and 50mm 1.8 ais. Just went for a walk around town during my lunch hour. SOOC jpegs.

(Waiting on the postman to bring me mint copies of the following - 105/2.8 micro, 20/2.8, 28/2.8 and 200/4 all ais)

The old courthouse. Now a pub !

The local rag

kings_freak wrote:
That's quite a collection you have on the way! You got bit pretty bad. This looks like a cool place to hang out.

–Tony

cadman342001 wrote:
Haha thanks Tony, had a spell with Canon mpe65 and 500 f4 but now back with nikon and couldn't resist

Welcome to the thread Andy. Looks as if you got it bad! I think you'll find a very friendly and helpful crew we have here. We also like to spend others money.

Some, whom shall remain nameless, will really try to get you to spend your money on NMFAS.

mp356

Oosty wrote:
At Keurboomstrand (50 km from home) for lunch. A couple of cropped panos with the 29 2.8 ai-d

Peter these are very nice. I especially like the first in the series.
Scott

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5049

Thanks
Little time right now .. Great shot everyone

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

mp356

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

Ronny, this one is very nice.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8402

mp356 wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

Ronny, this one is very nice.

+1

You certainly are mastering that 180/2.8 ED AIS! Great images.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12616

Zichar wrote:
Yay, finally got my roll back
Developed at a local lab then sent for scanning with a hobbyist (with a google drive download link no less!)
Not many keepers though, my first time with Tri-X

Trying to fulfil Leighton's wishes, to see more of life around me, the streets
This is taken in my hometown, a lil' town called Ipoh in Malaysia; at the dingy and dimly lit wet market (thought it was perfect, taking over Dean's duties heh heh)
I haven't been here for at least ten years and it hasn't changed nary a bit - just like I remembered it when I was a kid
Turned around and caught this old man walking through the lanes, surrounded by dried goods (scallops, fish, shellfish, vegetables, peanuts, etc - essential Cantonese culinary ingredients)

shrimp run (Roll 4668 024) by Zichar, on Flickr

Thanks for this one Chin, I'd love to see more from this place.

leighton w

Oosty wrote:

Peter, I like the last one, is that your better half?

leighton w

Ronny, More nice images of Nitro!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Leighton I sent you a PM

rankamateur
Total Posts: 877

More rainy day work. The beginnings of a TC-16A modification. Now anyone can do this right? I have an idea before this is over the answer to that question will be no. There is a couple tutorial's out on the web. The pictures are all blowups of the parts. That is the problem you do not realize actual size. A hole is drilled and the pin is moved into the new hole. A wire has to be soldered onto one of the springs and then onto the printed circuit board and then reassemble it. Judge for yourself if you want to try it. At least I was smart enough to follow advice and take it apart inside a tupperware container. 28-2.8 AI-S

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Ron,,

Let us know the outcome. I have one and been wanting to try.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4208

Mark, Scott - thanks, it's a 28 2.8 (29??)

Leighton - thanks. It isn't my better half. Ingrid is a woman

Ronny - stop it! I'm either going to have to get a new lens or a dog!!

Ron - I wish you'd stop already! This reminds me of my first attempt at fixing a Westclox alarm at age 10. Not a good result. What do you do with the left over parts??

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

rankamateur wrote:
More rainy day work. The beginnings of a TC-16A modification. Now anyone can do this right? I have an idea before this is over the answer to that question will be no. There is a couple tutorial's out on the web. The pictures are all blowups of the parts. That is the problem you do not realize actual size. A hole is drilled and the pin is moved into the new hole. A wire has to be soldered onto one of the springs and then onto the printed circuit board and then reassemble it. Judge for yourself if you want to try it. At least I was smart enough to follow advice and take it apart inside a tupperware container. 28-2.8 AI-S

What is it that you are trying to do?

leighton w

Oosty wrote:

Leighton - thanks. It isn't my better half. Ingrid is a woman

rankamateur
Total Posts: 877

kwoodard wrote:
rankamateur wrote:

What is it that you are trying to do?

Link!
http://www.foolography.com/free-stuff/modify-tc-16a/

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

I have taken quite a few carburetors apart but never was able to get one back together correctly
Better luck with you lens

Reagan

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Well I just took the plunge and ordered a D600. I am also keeping my D7000 so I have the best of both worlds. I know that's selfish of me but I miss having a back up camera. I love the DX format but I can't wait to try FX for the first time. With Canon I had the 1.3 crop but it just isn't the same as full frame. Leighton says the view finder on FX won him over so we will see. Thanks to everyone for your input. I couldn't decide so now I will have both

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

^^^^^^^^
I thought it was a secret

Reagan

1       2       3              2512      
       2514              5885       5886       end