Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2504

1       2       3              2504      
       2506              5889       5890       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8409

I don't have much to show since all my images from the weekend are sitting in a little cylindrical canister waiting to be processed. But I did find some MF-related images on my cell phone.

First one shows my lumbar bag - in it is:
16/3.5 AI
50/1.2 AIS
135/3.5 AIS
400/5.6 ED AI
FE2
D800
Lunch

Though I lugged all that to the beach I only used the 135/2 and FE2.

The second makes me so proud! One of my girls hard at work with the D800 and 50/1.2 AIS . . . .

Avi B
Total Posts: 7016

jhinkey wrote:
Avi B wrote:
Got a AI ED-IF 400mm f/5.6 just today. Perhaps paid too much for it, but ah well.

Here's a couple of test shots close to work, on the way back from buying the lens.

Congrats Avi - show us a picture of your newest lens sometime. What condition did it end up being in?

John

It was in decent condition. I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it yet, but I shall by the end of the week.

leighton w wrote:
Congrats Avi, there's a few on here that rave about this lens, and I can see why.

Yeah, if I can get the hang of the long focal length, it does its job pretty well.

Avi B
Total Posts: 7016

A few pictures of the icicles around the office from today.

D300 + Nikkor SC AI'd 55/1.2

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

CGrindahl wrote:
Although laundry beckons, a Skype conversation with Leighton prompted me to pull out the 500 Reflex which I mounted on the camera after our call ended and took a couple of shots from my doorway. I had the PK-13 on the camera with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI so decided to shoot with it... inspired by Peter whose work with the 500 is posted above. Not as bitingly sharp as conventional Nikkors, but not too bad for hand held... leaning on the door frame to be precise.

I promise to stop with the white blossom shots, but they are just outside my door so I didn't have to change into street clothes... I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm still in my pajamas... But then I'm retired and the only master I report to is the one wearing the pajamas...

As long as we don't get a self portrait in your long johns we don't mind what you wear, Curtis

I like the pics too. One good thing abouit the 500 is the absenxe of CA.

Oosty

Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. .

You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

Now you have the means to get here Phillippe, you'll have to visit.... wine tasting can be arranged

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

Avi B wrote:

I love the last shot!

Oosty

CGrindahl wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. .

You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

That's what friends are for...

Glad to know you're doing your part for the world economy...

This one? I think it sold for $35 million...

" target="_blank">Dassault Falcon 7x

Not Phillippe - that one's used!

Oosty

georgms wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Georg - the B&W's of the buildings are excellent and not too tightly framed at all. BTW was that reall 266000 clicks or was it a typo?

Peter, thanks! No, not a typo - I shoot a lot. My D200 (loved it as a companion for a D2H) had 150.000 clicks on it, now it belongs to my talented sister who continues to squeeze fine images out of this fine camera (it was never serviced, just like the D700). My D7000 is a bit over 99.000 actuations right now and maybe I will break the 100k tomorrow evening (the local soccer club will try to break a series of 123 days without a victory :-).

Here's one of the images from the planned 266.666-clicks-celebration, that didn't turned out as expected:

some of the gear used in the late 90's - D700, shutter actuation # 266.678 (including Live-View's) - PC 85/2.8 D

Now I have to concentrate on shutter actuation # 277.777 ;-)

Georg - I think that's a great image. I still can't get over the total number of clicks you have. Are you sure that camera wasn't hybridised with a Schmeisser?

Thanks for commenting too. I think you would have a lot of fun with the 500mm which isn't fussy at longer range.

Oosty

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Right now, they're saying it's a sprain. I was planning on getting out this week and doing some shooting, but now I've got to stay off my feet, and the open toe shoe isn't going to be very good in the 6-8 inches of snow that's due here...

Thanks John and Georg.

jhinkey wrote:
That looks like a bruised little toe . . . is it broken?

georgms wrote:
Ouch, Laura! Hope your feet will heel soon.

Ow, I kicked a step with my little toe 2 years ago and just looking at that makes my stomach twitch.. Hope you're up and about soon.

Oosty

Avi B wrote:

Love the last one Avi - don't stand under those things they look lethal!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

Roadside roof tile factory.
first the molding

nikon nikkor 25-50mm D800 Suchitoto El Salvador Roadside tiles by
Rafael CA, on Flickr

Then the Baking.

nikon nikkor 25-50mm D800 Suchitoto El Salvador Roadside tiles 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 223

Was out with the D3s and the Nikkor 500mm /4 P ED IF last weekend for the Iditarod. Everyone except the girl is looking at the musher. She's the only one watching the athletes.

D3s - Nikkor 500mm /4 P ED IF - ISO 1600 - 1/4000 - /8 - tripod

I will be using this to look for Comet PanSTARRS in the next week or so.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Welcome Mike. You're the first person from Alaska to stop by this thread. You're shooting with a much prized lens. I'd love to see some of your shots of the night sky. Stop by again.

Oosty

mike-in-ak wrote:
Was out with the D3s and the Nikkor 500mm /4 P ED IF last weekend for the Iditarod. Everyone except the girl is looking at the musher. She's the only one watching the athletes.

Welcome back Mike. Nice to see daytime shots too although the aurora images blew me away. You must have posted while Curtis was playing hooky

Something tells me there must nbe some awesome wildlife images in your portfolio with that lens.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

CGrindahl wrote:
Welcome Mike. You're the first person from Alaska to stop by this thread. You're shooting with a much prized lens. I'd love to see some of your shots of the night sky. Stop by again.

+1 Welcome Mike! I eagerly await your night shots.

Oosty

Rafael, good to see artisanal work even though they burn wood to fire the kilns. Nice shots.

Oosty

One more with the 500 + PN 11 Handheld a la Curtis of our deck also in my PJ's

At about 5 metres -note the bokeh and extremely shallow DOF

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8409

mike-in-ak wrote:

Oh man you're not helping my 500/4 AI-P lust . . .

The repaired one for $2k is still available locally and the guy might let me shoot with it a bit first . .

Oosty

Still bored so tried "doing a Jose" - D200 + TC 14b + PN 11 +300 4.5 EDIF!! Not bad results and I love the colour . Not up to Ray's standards however as far as the bee is concerned!

Oosty

As I'm seriously considering either a D7000 or a D7100 it strikes me that i may have to buy a new computer as well! Right now I have a PC with 1.6gig RAM and plenty of spare disc capacity.

For those of you who have converted and are tech challenged as I am, how did the change from 10 MP to 16 or 24 MP affect your processing times?

Thanks for input.

1       2       3              2504      
       2506              5889       5890       end