2503              4180       4181       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13016

Reagan wrote:
I can finally rejoin the Fray

D600 on the Way

Reagan

Congrats Curtis on 50,000

I saw your posting on that Buy and Sell thread. Well done, though honestly, I've yet to figure out the method to your madness in constructing and deconstructing your kit. I think you have both too much time on your hands and too much money in your bank account...

Since your wife will be working a bit longer, maybe you need a part-time job...

georgms
Total Posts: 3347

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks, John, Georg and Kevin.

Georg, excuse me, but I am playing the devil's adjutant role right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/auf-weiter-1-2-5-105-mm-Nikkor-P-Nippon-Kogaku-/230894443068?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item35c2619a3c

next to your home!

Thanks, Jose! But the price-tag is a bit steep for me, at least for a non-Ai-lens that would be my fifth 105mm-Nikkor ;-)

Reagan
Total Posts: 2908

Been trying to find a part time job and for the first time in my life got turned down. They picked someone else.
But for 37 years I had the same job so I guess I am 50/50 on job applications
As far as the lens go I am pretty much set that I will always keep the 28 2.8 ai-s and the 105 2.5 ai-s the rest can come and go

I never realized how much a classic car would cost after I bought it
My wife says it's worse than a "Gold Digging Girlfriend"

Reagan

Reagan
Total Posts: 2908

If I hadn't borrowed a friends d600 I had pretty much made up my mind on a D7000 and a Fuji x
It will take some getting used to the layout of the D600 as I loved the d300 and D700 buttons and controls. I am definitely a creature of habit but being able to crop the 24mp won me over as I am not much of a telephoto person.
I was struggling to find a way to get wide on a crop sensor so back to Full Frame
As far as mirrorless goes maybe another generation of improvement and they might win me over.Why can't Nikon develop something along the lines of the Fuji

Reagan

I haven't been commenting lately on the photos much but you all continue to out do each other
I don't remember who posted the photos of the northern lights in Alaska but I wish he had posted larger images of them

mp356
Total Posts: 4259

kwoodard wrote:
Since so many of you like images of rust, here is my sample. There is an art installation on the American River College campus. Uses augers as the pieces.

80-200mm f/4.5 1/800 ISO200

DSC_6383a by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Nice rust Kevin!

mp356

kwoodard wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
Kevin, very nice rusty stuff! I like it as some people over here.

Some menacing clouds and strange lights yesterday, late afternoon.

Menacing cloud at late afternoon by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 ais (early version, long or stepped nose), supported on the widow sill, ISO 100, f/5.6 at 1/800s, ~20% crop.

That is an impressive shot. Love the colors.

+1 Jose. Very unusual cloud and sky.

mp356

georgms wrote:
Inspired by the fantastic captures taken through and with the 135/3.5:

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
I could stare for hours at the sea

Very nice Georg. Until I read the caption, I was not sure what it was. Nice abstract!
Scott

mp356

Thank you everyone for the comments on the ice window image. In keeping with Kevin's kick-off theme for our second 50000 posts, "Rust", here is a little more oxidation. Taken with the 105 2.5 ais at f4.

Curtis, glad you made the 50000th post. I hope you plan on joining us on a regular basis and not just hiding until we reach post #100000. Thank you for making this all happen.
Scott

Zichar
Total Posts: 3510

Heh I spent my afternoon simply staring at the sea, the open skies and chatting up fishermen too
Not an easy task in crowded Singapore

The mornings however, was reserved for the interiors gig I now regularly attend to...
This seems innocuous enough:

45PCE, 2-shot stack

station (CKC_9107_bw) by Zichar, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2828

Zichar wrote:
Heh I spent my afternoon simply staring at the sea, the open skies and chatting up fishermen too
Not an easy task in crowded Singapore

The mornings however, was reserved for the interiors gig I now regularly attend to...
This seems innocuous enough:

45PCE, 2-shot stack

station (CKC_9107_bw) by Zichar, on Flickr

Unusual, but I like it!

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

Leighton, Peter, Curtis, Georg, Laura, and Scott, thank you for the comments on my buffalo shot.

Ray, I am sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers to you and your family.

Here are a few from a session last night with Jordan, all shot with the 55mm ƒ1.2. I hadn't shot in the studio for awhile now, so it was nice to dust off the lights and play around. I also shot a fun series with Brennon and Jordan, but that was with AF (Gasp!), so I won't be showing those here.

–Tony

Jordan by T&J Photography, on Flickr

kings_freak

montym wrote:
Well, I feel I have to confess. I spent some money today. I purchased a D800 and a lens. Ya, an AF lens,
A 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S

It's kinda nice. One of my first thoughts was the possibility of selling some of my overlapping MF lenses. As I went down the list of my MF lenses I could not think of one that I should sell. I guess I'll just hord them

Congrats on the new kit Monty! I love both my D800 and 24-70.

–Tony

kings_freak

MDoc9523 wrote:
I'm sorry Leighton I just haven't had a chance to do a direct comparison. I can say for sure that as far as color, contrast, clarity and bokeh the 1.4 is a clear winner. Nikki has a nice bokeh but the 1.4 is butter Not to say that I have been displeased with Nikki. I think she performs quite well. Here are some photos from Bok Tower that I took today.

That door is amazing! Great set with Nikki Ray.

–Tony

kings_freak

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Inspired by Kevin's question about SilverEfex I've played with some old files. Here's a summerly image from Ronny's beautiful country:

D700, 28/2 at f/8, one of the very few shots taken in aperture-priority mode (camera ready for quick one-handed shots while rowing and fishing ;-)

Beautifully composed and converted!

+1! Lovely shot Georg.

–Tony

kings_freak

kwoodard wrote:
Couple of shots from a week ago...finally got around to posting them. You folks (along with the MF kit I now have) are really forcing me to get things right in camera before doing anything in post. These three have less than 5 minutes of post work done on them. The two abstracts are converted to B/W using channel mixer in PS6. Hope to give SEP a try this weekend.

Please, C&C the heck out of these. I feel I had hit a plateau with my photography and had lost the fire I once had. Not sure what changed in my head, but I am thinking slower and harder about my shots before I take them. I miss a lot, but my keeper rate is going up by many levels. Heck, even how I do things in post is evolving. Whole new world for me...

First two are with the 80-200mm f/4.5, ISO800

DSC_6257web by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

I really like this one, Kevin.

–Tony

kings_freak

raboof wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
raboof wrote:
I have to admit that I miss the 20mm range. My latest addition, the 20mm f4 AI.

And how does that 20/4 AI do on FX?

- John

John,

I haven't shoot much with it but I like it so far. The distortion seems to be better than the f2.8 just a little. Sharpness about the same to me. Here are some shots I just did a few hours ago with the D700. Handheld at low speed since I wanted the water to flow but this might hurt the sharpness because it was COLD.

20mm f4

Wow, that looks cold!

–Tony

kings_freak

asiostygius wrote:
Leighton, another thing to consider is if you are prone to take nightscapes with a lot of lights - note the difference in the number of rays of light coming from light souces:
9 blades of the 85/1.4 ais:

Cityscape with Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AIS at early night by labecoaves, on Flickr

Early night Cityscape test with the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AIS. D3 + tripod, ISO 200, f/8, 25s.

Great nightscape, Jose. I prefer the starbusrts in the 85mm ƒ1.4 myself.

–Tony

kings_freak

CGrindahl wrote:
I actually took my camera this afternoon while running errands. Imagine what happened... I took some photos...

Amazingly, the high temperature today was 67 degrees. Sorry to hear about snow falling in the midlands but then I made my decision long ago to leave the snows of Minnesota behind. I'm afraid California has spoiled me...

It has spoiled me as well Curtis! I always love a good fence shot and this is way above good.

–Tony

kings_freak

mp356 wrote:
deang001 wrote:
I hope everyone is well ... wonderful images as always.

Still getting through my images from our trip to Siem Reap last November. Going to try and edit more this weekend. I hope you don't mind seeing more of these.

These were all taken with the 180/2.8 Ai-S. It's not the most compact lens to take traveling but I'm glad I did ... such a wonderful lens.

DSC_2761.180mm by deang0001, on Flickr

Dean, very nice images. I especially like this first one. Good to have you posting again.
Scott

This was my favorite, followed closely by the boys playing in the boat.

–Tony

kings_freak

jhinkey wrote:
And I could not let the night go by without some panoramas. Both from the 200/4 AIS at f/5.6.

- J

and another:

Both of these are beautiful, John!

–Tony

1       2       3              2501      
       2503              4180       4181       end