Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2490

1       2       3              2490      
       2492              4304       4305       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2973

georgms wrote:
After reading that Monty just got a D800 (congrats!!) and a AF-S 24-70/2.8 I'm in the mood to reveal something really strange, my dark side: "Yes, I love Canon-branded equipment, I really do!".

I love Canon-gear von georgsfoto auf Flickr
...at least this very well made cable-release ;-) It's just a fun-shot after strong German beer.
Nikon D3s at ISO12800, Ai 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor with some Kenko-tubes

Btw, that's the only piece of Canon-equipment I own.

Wow, ISO12800...! I get scared playing with that high of ISO. What do you do to reduce noise?

georgms
Total Posts: 3455

kwoodard wrote:
georgms wrote:

Wow, ISO12800...! I get scared playing with that high of ISO. What do you do to reduce noise?

Kevin, for fun-shots like this the noise-reduction sliders of ACR ("luminance" set to 15 in this case) work well enough for me.
I shoot a lot of indoor-sports and go up to ISO8000 routinely, but I try to use ISO12800 and even higher numbers as rarely as possible.
Many times poor light quantity goes hand in hand with poor light quality and this makes working in small venues really hard.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7749

That's a great shot Tony. Luckily you got out of the truck's way to find it!

kings_freak wrote:
After I was done with an earlier road shot, a semi-truck was coming toward me. Since it was a single lane road, I decided to get out of his way. I drove up a little to make a u-turn and came across this small herd of buffalo! I had no idea that any of the local farms had them, so it was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, the longest lens I had was my 55mm, so I decided on a 6 shot panorama.

–Tony

Oh give me a hoooome... by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Not yet, but Moggy is still in the running. Nikki just seems too stately a name for this kitten , she's definitely full of pissnvinegar . Also, Nikki is too close to Neko.

kings_freak wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
I had gone to Pizza Hut one night to pick up my order, and this kitten was in the parking lot, jumping into the store windows and meowing loudly at the customers on the other side of the window as they were eating. As I opened the door, she made a rush to get in, but I kept her from going in. When I came out, she was still out there, and and very friendly. This particular store is at a very busy intersection, and I knew if she stayed there, it wouldn't be long before she became a splat. So.... I scooped her up, and put her in the car along with the food. Got home, whisked her into the back bathroom, fed her, and took her to the vet the following day for a complete checkup. Looks like she's found herself a good home, just needs a name now..

Cute kitty! Have you come up with a name yet?

–Tony

Americo.

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
I had gone to Pizza Hut one night to pick up my order, and this kitten was in the parking lot, jumping into the store windows and meowing loudly at the customers on the other side of the window as they were eating. As I opened the door, she made a rush to get in, but I kept her from going in. When I came out, she was still out there, and and very friendly. This particular store is at a very busy intersection, and I knew if she stayed there, it wouldn't be long before she became a splat. So.... I scooped her up, and put her in the car along with the food. Got home, whisked her into the back bathroom, fed her, and took her to the vet the following day for a complete checkup. Looks like she's found herself a good home, just needs a name now..

She is so cute! Apparently she loves her new pet's too! My Tabby girl's middle name is Tabitha, Soleil Tabitha, in honor of her Tabby heritage! Maybe Tabitha would be a good first name too?

Awwwwwwww.. orphaned, or rejected lambs?

leighton w wrote:
Just a few from the barn today. With the 24mm f2.8.

The first one is feeding time for the orphaned lambs.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Well, I feel I have to confess. I spent some money today. I purchased a D800 and a lens. Ya, an AF lens,
A 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S

It's kinda nice. One of my first thoughts was the possibility of selling some of my overlapping MF lenses. As I went down the list of my MF lenses I could not think of one that I should sell. I guess I'll just hord them

georgms

montym wrote:
Well, I feel I have to confess. I spent some money today. I purchased a D800 and a lens. Ya, an AF lens,
A 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S

It's kinda nice. One of my first thoughts was the possibility of selling some of my overlapping MF lenses. As I went down the list of my MF lenses I could not think of one that I should sell. I guess I'll just hord them

Monty, congrats! The D800 is a fantastic camera and the mighty 24-70 one of Nikon's best zoom-lenses. I've seen money spend for worse things ;-)
I'm glad you'll keep your MF-lineup.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2996

Will that Macbook Pro be good enough to process them?

Reagan

georgms

Reagan wrote:
Will that Macbook Pro be good enough to process them?

Reagan

Reagan, that Macbook Pro will probably have more hiccups than a sated newborn right after having been fed ;-)

Reagan

My IMac burped a little when I borrowed my friends D600 and put the 24mp files on it

Reagan

mp356
Total Posts: 4330

kings_freak wrote:
After I was done with an earlier road shot, a semi-truck was coming toward me. Since it was a single lane road, I decided to get out of his way. I drove up a little to make a u-turn and came across this small herd of buffalo! I had no idea that any of the local farms had them, so it was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, the longest lens I had was my 55mm, so I decided on a 6 shot panorama.

–Tony

Oh give me a hoooome... by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Tony, very nice pano. I like the scale of the bison in this.
Scott

montym

I have 16GB of ram and a 512GB SSD
The Mac does just fine!

Reagan

Mighty Fine Mac

Reagan

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2387

montym wrote:
A 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S

What happen with your D600?

What about your dream for D4?

Are you the CEO of Webex lately?

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

I'm sorry Leighton I just haven't had a chance to do a direct comparison. I can say for sure that as far as color, contrast, clarity and bokeh the 1.4 is a clear winner. Nikki has a nice bokeh but the 1.4 is butter Not to say that I have been displeased with Nikki. I think she performs quite well. Here are some photos from Bok Tower that I took today.

montym

Mishu01 wrote:
montym wrote:
A 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S

What happen with your D600?

What about your dream for D4?

Are you the CEO of Webex lately?

A bit of money fell into my hands. Not enough to get a D4
The D600 and the Grip and a couple batteries will be going on eBay in a day or two

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

Great shots, Ray.
Congrats Monty. I have that AF lens but I used it twice for the last 6 months or so. Keep your MF lenses. You will miss them if you don't

mp356

leighton w wrote:
Just a few from the barn today. With the 24mm f2.8.

The first one is feeding time for the orphaned lambs.

Leighton, these are great. I also really like the blog link you posted about the farm that your wife writes. Very well done. The current entry is very touching.
Scott

mp356

CGrindahl wrote:
Here is a wide open shot of the leaf I posted yesterday, taken with the 85 f/1.8 H AI'd. It handles out of focus areas quite well.

Curtis who? Nice image by the way.

mp356

Oosty wrote:
Some experiments with the 105 2.5 + about 1cm tube and two conversions - the first my standard PSE 6 version and the second using Topaz B&W effects

Peter, I like the bird seed. Nice image and conversion.
Scott

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:
I'm sorry Leighton I just haven't had a chance to do a direct comparison. I can say for sure that as far as color, contrast, clarity and bokeh the 1.4 is a clear winner. Nikki has a nice bokeh but the 1.4 is butter Not to say that I have been displeased with Nikki. I think she performs quite well. Here are some photos from Bok Tower that I took today.

Ray, very nice series with Nikki. These are all nice but I like the feel of this one.
Scott

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6034

A few from my 2nd 135mm f/3.5 AIS - this one from KEH in EX condition (the first one the ebay seller graciously took it back for a refund). Both at f/5.6.

The center is already sharp wide open (that is if you get it focused accurately) with the borders and corners catching up by f/5.6:

and this

1       2       3              2490      
       2492              4304       4305       end