Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2486

1       2       3              2486      
       2488              4305       4306       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6034

Hey Chin - got an unexpected package from Singapore in the mail tonight. Caused quite the stir until we figured out from whom it came from.

My girls say thanks!

Photos to follow sometime tomorrow . . . .

Oosty
Total Posts: 4039

Knysna Turaco - 300mmf4 EDIF + TC14b at MFD.

Resized for the MA

Zichar
Total Posts: 3551

Heh no worries, you're welcome
We just made a bunch yesterday, thinking of bringing them on our next holiday out
Makes a decent conversation starter, or just as a lil' pressie to give people we meet on our travels

>>

She hasn't had her hair cut short in 3 weeks so she kinda looks like a ball when viewed from above. She blends well with the floor tiles

furball (CKC_9069) by Zichar, on Flickr

LarryM
Total Posts: 299

Oosty wrote:
LarryM wrote:
Couple more with the 28mm f/3.5.

Larry

Nice images Larry - don't worry about the NMFAS - at least it's cheaper than a drug habit - but not much since it leads to the acquisition of lens accessories like D800's and D600's

Actually I do have a drug habit but they are all prescriptions. I think I have to take 12 medicines a day for a wonky heart condition.

I have a D700 and love it. I can print 16x20 with no problems. Friends have both the D600 and D800 and both are having troubles with the cameras.

Larry

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13167

I see that John continues to take good care of us all with his information about the glorious 16 f/3.5 fisheye lens that comes in various flavors. As he notes above, I'm am that happy recipient of his largesse since he was willing to actually sell his first copy to me, the K version with the Nikion AI conversion kit installed. It is one sweet lens...

With Georg's comment about a number of the lenses available on E-Bay, I did a quick search. It was like old times when nothing was as important to me as finding the next MF lens to buy. There still are a few I don't own, but the fever has abated. Of course, there are a couple of 16mm lenses that are appealing, including a couple of older versions and one of the latest. But I will restrain myself. I need to focus on Nikki who should be coming my way late in February, if I'm to recall the Lens Itinerary accurately. Ray is introducing Nikki to Florida. Next up is John. Hopefully there will be some sun between rain showers and we can see what Nikki thinks about Seattle. February in the Bay Area can be quite wonderful, so I'll be ready.

In the meantime, I'm practicing with Nikki's older sister, an 85 f/1.8H, AI'd. I took this a couple of days ago. Those who've been around awhile will perhaps recognize this plant... the leaf is from last growing season, but the plant has been entertaining me for years.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2474

Great shots everyone

leighton w
Total Posts: 9456

CGrindahl wrote:
I see that John continues to take good care of us all with his information about the glorious 16 f/3.5 fisheye lens that comes in various flavors. As he notes above, I'm am that happy recipient of his largesse since he was willing to actually sell his first copy to me, the K version with the Nikion AI conversion kit installed. It is one sweet lens...

With Georg's comment about a number of the lenses available on E-Bay, I did a quick search. It was like old times when nothing was as important to me as finding the next MF lens to buy. There still are a few I don't own, but the fever has abated. Of course, there are a couple of 16mm lenses that are appealing, including a couple of older versions and one of the latest. But I will restrain myself. I need to focus on Nikki who should be coming my way late in February, if I'm to recall the Lens Itinerary accurately. Ray is introducing Nikki to Florida. Next up is John. Hopefully there will be some sun between rain showers and we can see what Nikki thinks about Seattle. February in the Bay Area can be quite wonderful, so I'll be ready.

In the meantime, I'm practicing with Nikki's older sister, an 85 f/1.8H, AI'd. I took this a couple of days ago. Those who've been around awhile will perhaps recognize this plant... the leaf is from last growing season, but the plant has been entertaining me for years.

Hey man, I thought you were dead! Don't be a stranger.

leighton w

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Ray's third and fourth posts

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/

CGrindahl

Don't worry Leighton... when I die Sue will stop by to make the announcement.

It is nice to see so many familiar names on the thread and to note that those with questions are getting great advice. That is one of the great things about this thread. These lenses are timeless, so there will eternally be newcomers curious about what the fuss is all about. There may not be many lenses left for me to buy, but my love for the ones I have is undiminished. Now I just need to put them to work.

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

PLEASE tell me what I must do to be able to post on the blog. I tried earlier and got nowhere. If I'm having problems, others likely are as well. I'd love to review the blog and comment on everyone's work. Thanks Leighton.

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

Oh boy. Look at them. I'd like them grilled, please.

CGrindahl

raboof wrote:
Oh boy. Look at them. I'd like them grilled, please.

They only come over easy...

Clearly, we need more photos of lenses...

All 105mms...

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

PLEASE tell me what I must do to be able to post on the blog. I tried earlier and got nowhere. If I'm having problems, others likely are as well. I'd love to review the blog and comment on everyone's work. Thanks Leighton.

Try it again, I think Blogger wigged out, it should be ok now.

CGrindahl

I love the blog Leighton, but frankly it is a pain in the ass trying to post comments. When it isn't "wigging out" as you put it, you need to go through a security process and then await approval for comments to be posted. My latest attempt is lost in cyberspace somewhere. I know this isn't your fault. In fact, you've done an amazing job with the blog, but I understand why there are so few comments. It is not worth the effort...

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
I love the blog Leighton, but frankly it is a pain in the ass trying to post comments. When it isn't "wigging out" as you put it, you need to go through a security process and then await approval for comments to be posted. My latest attempt is lost in cyberspace somewhere. I know this isn't your fault. In fact, you've done an amazing job with the blog, but I understand why there are so few comments. It is not worth the effort...

Actually Curtis, I was forced to make the security changes with the comments. I was getting spammed a couple of times a day before I made the changes. I try to check for comments on a regular basis and publish them just as soon as I can. Sorry for any inconvenience.

georgms
Total Posts: 3455

Welcome back, Curtis!
I'm glad you could find the time to show up here again;-) The fisheye over at Adorama is a late K-variant - I'll sleep over it and decide tomorrow (if the lens is still available).
Import duties and taxes add up and sending an item back in case it's broken would be a hassle-rich operation...
Sorry, I have no MF-Nikkor's to show, but two and a half images taken today with a 135/2Ais:

Strom longitudinal CA's von georgsfoto auf Flickr
into the light - no correction for the longitudinal CA's just to illustrate the shortcomings of this lens
the conditions were hard for most lenses, to be fair - D3s, 135/2 Ais wide open, ISO200, 1/8000sec

Strom von georgsfoto auf Flickr
I like the B&W-version better

Heimat L von georgsfoto auf Flickr
I'm not happy with the framing here (couldn't get the windows right) - D3s, 135/2 at f/4

georgms

Curtis, the leaf-picture is spectacular! Beautiful work with textures and shadows, angles and DoF.

Peter, now that bird-shot is an eye-catcher! Reminds me of the pop-musicians of the 80's ;-) Good job with the 300/4.5/TC14-combo

Chin, another excellent poodle-portrait! I like the monochromatic style of the series a lot.

georgms

kwoodard wrote:
I have a question for the B&W artists here. It seems that many of you use Silver Effects Pro with your images. What other ways do you use? Simply desaturating images is Ok, but they tend to look flat and boring. I want my images to look alive and have the potential to illicit an emotional responce. Anyone willing to share some of their tips/tricks? I have PS5.1 and get to play with PS6 sometimes. I hope to get Lightroom, but don't know if I need it with PS and Bridge.

Thoughts? If you all think its too far from the scope of this thread, I would love a PM on the subject. I bring this up as I am thinking of doing a 365 day project, strictly in B&W.

Kevin, SilverEfex is a powerful tool - with almost endless ways to process a given image. I'm a lazy fella and usually start with one of my favorite presets ("push +1.5" for instance) and go from there. Starting from a scratch is possible too - and probably the best way if the final look of an image is already in your mind.
If you have a specific question please let me know.

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

CGrindahl wrote:
Don't worry Leighton... when I die Sue will stop by to make the announcement.

It is nice to see so many familiar names on the thread and to note that those with questions are getting great advice. That is one of the great things about this thread. These lenses are timeless, so there will eternally be newcomers curious about what the fuss is all about. There may not be many lenses left for me to buy, but my love for the ones I have is undiminished. Now I just need to put them to work.

http://lhg

I don't believe it. Curtis who?? I used to know a Curtis on this thread - but dont think his name was Grindahl?

ben

leighton w

George, I like the B&W version better too. Is that amount of CA normal for this lens?

1       2       3              2486      
       2488              4305       4306       end