Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2483

1       2       3              2483      
2484
       2485              5892       5893       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll be expecting some of that home brew Leighton, as well as a trip to the brew pub...

Craft beer is not cheap here either. A pint at Iron Springs during "happy hour" is $4 and at other times $5. Higher alcohol content brews are a bit more and the really strong stuff comes only in a ten ounce glass. A large bottle of craft beer will go for between $4 and six or seven bucks. We're blessed to have a number of brew pubs and an outstanding craft brewery called Lagunitas, so there is considerable choice available.

But compared with the cost of a good bottle of single malt Scotch whisky, beer is cheap. They have a sale on at BevMo for my favorite Islay Scotch, Lagavulin for just over seventy dollars a bottle. I think I'll pass... Remarkable that despite the favorable exchange rate, Scotch prices have not come down...


Maybe it would be cheaper to move to Scotland!



designdog
Registered: Oct 05, 2004
Total Posts: 230
Country: United States

Since this is a Nikon glass forum I can't post an image I just took with my D700 and another make manual lens. But maybe I can post this link (hope it works as I have never posted on Flikr) because my relatives tell me its a pretty funny photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dahdog/8517046554
Don't mean to offend anyone...



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

I love Scotland Leighton. I was even accepted to a graduate program in Edinburgh and moved there with the intention of enrolling. My then wife got a teaching job in Linlithgow and we bought a very sweet Citroen Dyane that we drove all around Britain and Scotland before settling in Edinburgh. I posted this before... me in another incarnation with my wonderful Citroen.


I decided not to enroll after meeting with some students who'd just completed the program and we moved back to the U.S. But I love Scotland and the Scottish people. My first serious exploration of Scotch whisky came after that trip.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

designdog wrote:
Since this is a Nikon glass forum I can't post an image I just took with my D700 and another make manual lens. But maybe I can post this link (hope it works as I have never posted on Flikr) because my relatives tell me its a pretty funny photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dahdog/8517046554
Don't mean to offend anyone...


Thanks for following the "rules" David. Links are fine and that is a funny shot.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
I love Scotland Leighton. I was even accepted to a graduate program in Edinburgh and moved there with the intention of enrolling. My then wife got a teaching job in Linlithgow and we bought a very sweet Citroen Dyane that we drove all around Britain and Scotland before settling in Edinburgh. I posted this before... me in another incarnation with my wonderful Citroen.

I decided not to enroll after meeting with some students who'd just completed the program and we moved back to the U.S. But I love Scotland and the Scottish people. My first serious exploration of Scotch whisky came after that trip.


Yea, I remember when you posted this. Since I have a lot of Scot in me I've always wanted to visit.



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll be expecting some of that home brew Leighton, as well as a trip to the brew pub...

Craft beer is not cheap here either. A pint at Iron Springs during "happy hour" is $4 and at other times $5. Higher alcohol content brews are a bit more and the really strong stuff comes only in a ten ounce glass. A large bottle of craft beer will go for between $4 and six or seven bucks. We're blessed to have a number of brew pubs and an outstanding craft brewery called Lagunitas, so there is considerable choice available.

But compared with the cost of a good bottle of single malt Scotch whisky, beer is cheap. They have a sale on at BevMo for my favorite Islay Scotch, Lagavulin for just over seventy dollars a bottle. I think I'll pass... Remarkable that despite the favorable exchange rate, Scotch prices have not come down...


There was some pretty good craft beer during your visit here. "The Little House" had 20 on draft and some good food and company too
Can't remember the waitress name but I remember what she looked like

Reagan



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 3289
Country: Brazil

You guys and all this talk about beer and whisky left me salivating right now!!
I think I will open, before than planned, the Jack Daniels bottle I bought at the duty free shop



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 3289
Country: Brazil

Pompeii soil is very fertile and I managed to get these colourful fruits growing next the walls of the ancient city.


Red fruits from Pompeii wall by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 1600, f/5.6 at 1/30s.
Someone here knows its name?

Edit: Peter and a friend of mine, a botanist, has identified the fruit as probably the Cotoneaster, family Rosaceae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotoneaster



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5073
Country: Sweden

Got it today .. only had time to a few test pictures


Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5073
Country: Sweden

Great shot Rafael and Tony
Great shot Jose
Great shot Curtis



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Very nice Jose, but I can't help you with the identification.

Ronny, congrats on the 180, you're gonna love this lens!



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5073
Country: Sweden

Thanks Leighton



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 3289
Country: Brazil

Thank you Leighton and Ronny.

Congrats Ronny for the new lens.
And what a debut shot!! Wide open?



Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5073
Country: Sweden

Thanks Jose.. yes it is wide open



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
You guys and all this talk about beer and whisky left me salivating right now!!
I think I will open, before than planned, the Jack Daniels bottle I bought at the duty free shop


Jose, I would trade that bottle of Jack in for a bottle "Jim Beam"
but if that is what you have.Bottoms up

Reagan



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

Rafael,Beautiful images of your homeland
Jose, nice start with the vacation photos.Keep them coming don't know what kind of fruit that isLet's just call it sharp
Ronny, nice lens porn and great opening photo but don't give up the Zeiss from 100 on down Great portraits on the other thread


Reagan



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4802
Country: United States

That tree is incredible...what is it's name?

rafaelcasd wrote:
georgms wrote:
Rafael - what a beautiful set! My favs are the "Driveway" and the last shot. That 25-50 is tempting ;-)


Georg, the 25-50mm is very useful for daytime and flash work, it is wickedly sharp from 5.6 up and so well built, a bit heavy and large. I allows one to frame the shot while beign as good as any prime on its aperture range.

most of the pics I posted were of the 16mm, here is a couple more of the 25-50mm, this house belongs to a family friend, my dad's was sold long ago. I had an "Out of Africa" longing for the place and this picture reminds me of it.


nikon nikkor 25-50mm d800 coatepeque by Rafael CA, on Flickr






NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9319
Country: United States

If you have the dropbox software installed, put the JPEG file in your public folder, then Right-click go to dropbox, then "Copy Public Link" and you'll have a URL like this (broken up to show the URL and not have it link twice)

http ://dl. dropbox. com/u /37433106 /dropbox. jpg







Very important that it ENDS with .jpg to get it to work

clouseau wrote:
Okay i have a stupid Question ! I have a dropbox account and sometimes i would like to download a pic to you guys for some cc . how do i do that ?

Mvh Clouseau



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Quick image of a terns' nest. I was checking out an eagle's nest but all I got was a bit of white sticking out of the top of the nest. This mound with a family of terns was in the middle of the river probably about 500 feet away (Patapsco, just south of Baltimore).

500 F4P, 1/4000s, ISO640 f/5.6, handheld.







I saw that John's on the hunt for a 500 F4P, hope you can get hold of it. If its been maintained well, its a gem. And Ray, that one's another consideration for FX



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9319
Country: United States

Rafael, love the El Salvador shots too, those are really stunning.

GO for it John, you know we're all enablers here .

jhinkey wrote:
Oh geez - 500/4 AI-P available on the local CL for $2K and appears to be in excellent shape! How am I going to pull this one off . . . .



As far as I know, the only one here that uses Dropbox to post photos on a regular basis is Chuong, but I do have it, and posted the instructions after I got home from school, about 7 hours after your first post. Just make sure it doesn't start with https though, or the link won't show the photo.

clouseau wrote:
Okay so much for friendliness


Jose, between you and Rafael, I am getting wanderlust, I'm going to have to get my passport!

Congrats on the lens, Ronny, I need to get busy and weed my collection down a bit, too.



1       2       3              2483      
2484
       2485              5892       5893       end