/forum/topic/929565/2483

1       2       3              2483      
       2485              4261       4262       end

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Mishu01 wrote:
David Antilley wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
I had gone to Pizza Hut one night to pick up my order, and this kitten was in the parking lot, jumping into the store windows and meowing loudly at the customers on the other side of the window as they were eating. As I opened the door, she made a rush to get in, but I kept her from going in. When I came out, she was still out there, and and very friendly. This particular store is at a very busy intersection, and I knew if she stayed there, it wouldn't be long before she became a splat. So.... I scooped her up, and put her in the car along with the food. Got home, whisked her into the back bathroom, fed her, and took her to the vet the following day for a complete checkup. Looks like she's found herself a good home, just needs a name now..

Already posing!!! PanPan or Take-out is my name suggestion for her.

David

Hi Laura! What about "Lost Soul" or "Prodi-gal"?

I vote for Bokeh

mp356
Total Posts: 4303

kwoodard wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
I had gone to Pizza Hut one night to pick up my order, and this kitten was in the parking lot, jumping into the store windows and meowing loudly at the customers on the other side of the window as they were eating. As I opened the door, she made a rush to get in, but I kept her from going in. When I came out, she was still out there, and and very friendly. This particular store is at a very busy intersection, and I knew if she stayed there, it wouldn't be long before she became a splat. So.... I scooped her up, and put her in the car along with the food. Got home, whisked her into the back bathroom, fed her, and took her to the vet the following day for a complete checkup. Looks like she's found herself a good home, just needs a name now..

She looks like a little Rascal to me.

+1 Laura. She is a cutie! She is also lucky to have you.

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:
Nikki Part two:
Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of
the world. "Located in the Heart of Central Florida
Plant City has a rich history dating back to the mid-
1800s when settlers first began to populate Florida.
Plant City was incorporated in 1885, 16 years after the
state was chartered. Plant City derives its name not
from the surrounding agricultural industry which greatly
added to the City's growth, but from Henry
BradleyPlant."

Ray, nice series with Nikki.
Scott

mp356

Jeff, thank you for the comment on the cornfield image.

Here is an image that caught my eye. I liked the tree shadow play on the wall of the house. Taken with the 50 1.4 Ais at f5.6. Thanks for looking.
Scott

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5101

Samy it's great to see you. Great shot of the painted stork!
Bilal Very nice Bokeh on a great portrait!
Chin You have a real ability for those shots. You might consider offering your service to other show dog owners
Laura I have enjoyed your concert series shots, especially the woman playing the guitar! Not to mention Your lovely cats
Kevin I am glad to see you getting good use of the 80-200. Now I don't have to feel guilty about just letting it sit in my bag
Philip The flare shot is just wonderful. Good use of the 50mm 1.2
Jeff The train shot needs a frame in your house!
Monty I loved your Higgs shot a few pages back. I am sure that I wouldn't want to go back to a climate that has those temperatures even possible!!!!
Scott thank you and i enjoy looking at your shots that include snow

montym

From work this morning

MDoc9523

montym wrote:
From work this morning

I think I just saw this on Facebook. I liked it there too @

mp356

montym wrote:
From work this morning

Nice one Monty. The b&w conversion is well done.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7717

really nice set from Plant City, Ray.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Nikki Part two:
Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of the world. "Located in the Heart of Central Florida Plant City has a rich history dating back to the mid-1800s when settlers first began to populate Florida. Plant City was incorporated in 1885, 16 years after the state was chartered. Plant City derives its name not from the surrounding agricultural industry which greatly added to the City's growth, but from Henry Bradley Plant."

Oooooooo.... I like that one, especially since the other new cat's name is Neko, which is Japanese for cat. Thanks Peter!

Oosty wrote:

Laura - a very nice set of pictures. Maybe "Margharita" (shortened to "Moggy") would be a good name for your cat since Moggy is British slang for a cat and the pizza assocaition fits too.

Thanks Kev, I've already had a cat named Rascal, and yes, he was definitely one, too, having snuck out the window once and disappeared for a week, and always trying to sneak out the front door. He was an orange tabby like Tom.

kwoodard wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

She looks like a little Rascal to me.

I got it as well, but of course I do it too, when other cameras are pointed my way

rankamateur wrote:
montym wrote:
Like so many others, my wife love to have her picture taken.
Monty

I get this a lot but usually it is when I am gonna buy something and the expression "talk to the hand" follows.

Nicely captured, Kev

kwoodard wrote:
Here is another shot from the 80-200mm. I think this little girl has an old soul. She was taking more care of her mom than her mom of her. Very good-natured and spoke very well for 5.

Hmmmmmm... Moggy Pan-Pan... that could work. She ate almost three cups of food in the first couple of hours she was here.

David Antilley wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

David

Thanks Reagan, what do you mean you have no camera, didn't you run out and buy a D600 after selling your D700 and testing out your friend's?

Reagan wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Nikki Part two:
Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of
the world. "Located in the Heart of Central Florida
Plant City has a rich history dating back to the mid-
1800s when settlers first began to populate Florida.
Plant City was incorporated in 1885, 16 years after the
state was chartered. Plant City derives its name not
from the surrounding agricultural industry which greatly
added to the City's growth, but from Henry
BradleyPlant."

Hey Ray, Isn't the Plant City Srawberry Festival coming up soon

Just lurking with no camera
Great work everyone

Reagan

Laura she looks like a "Meg" to me

Hi Mihai, not sure if that will work for her, since she's now found In a week, she'll be at the vet's to be spayed, like all my other cats have had done, she'll be far happier that way.

Mishu01 wrote:
David Antilley wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

David

Hi Laura! What about "Lost Soul" or "Prodi-gal"?

Thanks Monty, I've got one more that looks like she's really laughing at the camera

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Nice work!

Love that last picture!

Love this shot, Chin, she looks so regal.

Zichar wrote:
Tired from work today but after seeing her after her day at the groomers, I knew I had to pick up the camera. So cute, they put these tiny bands on her ears.
And I just love the character that these old MF nikkors have!
Was rushing to get out the door for dinner and went to get an AF lens to make things simpler (I know, right?) but thought, what the heck, just shoot what's on the camera
Wide open, it's super dreamy, plus she's oh-so-fluffy from grooming.
Left it as a low-contrast shot but you can see the detail in the in-focus areas

D700 + 35/2 AIS

norje (CKC_9059) by Zichar, on Flickr

Monty, that's definitely an unusual name for sure!

montym wrote:

I vote for Bokeh

Thanks Scott, she sure is a cutie. Right now, she's not too happy, cause she's in heat, and Tom still thinks he has what it takes... got a rude wakeup the other morning about 4am. Keeping her separated from everyone else for the time being.

mp356 wrote:

+1 Laura. She is a cutie! She is also lucky to have you.

Nice one Monty, and no salute either

montym wrote:
From work this morning

raboof
Total Posts: 1486

Nice shot, Chin. The 35mm f2 wide open seems very nice.

As usual, kid stuff for me. 50mm f1.2 @2.8

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

For Poe...

A.Rodriguez.Photo--666 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

Zichar
Total Posts: 3530

Thanks everyone
Scott: She can hold a pose for ... well it depends on her mood and I suppose her hunger level/gluttony
Midway through the session, she grew tired of my wife dangling treats, gave her the squinty-eyed stare, and proceeded to simply lie down and sulk

don't toy with (CKC_9066) by Zichar, on Flickr

Zichar
Total Posts: 3530

Laura: Another vote for Bokeh Very steady hands! Have you changed your workflow recently? I must say your photos are incredibly sharp and the subjects pop

Ray: Beautiful work with Nikki. The second is fantastic, bold lines, colours and the shadow on the crucifix really brings it to prominence. I love how you corrected verticals for the tower

Took the day off because I'm not feeling well. Gonna drag myself back to the bed, ugh...

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2382

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Hi Mihai, not sure if that will work for her, since she's now found In a week, she'll be at the vet's to be spayed, like all my other cats have had done, she'll be far happier that way.

Laura, I see you are very much opposing at our efforts to give a name to your cat

What about NIKKI?

leighton w
Total Posts: 9341

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Ray's second post!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/01/rays-second-post.html

montym

raboof wrote:
Nice shot, Chin. The 35mm f2 wide open seems very nice.

As usual, kid stuff for me. 50mm f1.2 @2.8

Perfect!

MDoc9523

Nikki Post 3

"Plant City's original name was Ichepucksassa after the Indian village that once occupied this territory. So much confusion was created with the spelling and pronunciation that the Irish postmaster renamed the village Cork, after his home city. In 1884, Henry B. Plant extended the South Florida Railroad into the town and one year later, when the town was incorporated, it was once again renamed this time in honor of Henry B. Plant."
Plant City is the crossing point of the north-south and east-west Florida railroads

MDoc9523

The Downtown area of Plant City has been revitalized with beautiful parks. The same area that once was thriving with every sort of freight from all over the country is now a meeting place for the retired, middle aged and the young at heart.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9341

MDoc9523 wrote:
The Downtown area of Plant City has been revitalized with beautiful parks. The same area that once was thriving with every sort of freight from all over the country is now a meeting place for the retired, middle aged and the young at heart.

I really like this one!

mp356

Mishu01 wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Laura, I see you are very much opposing at our efforts to give a name to your cat

What about NIKKI?

Mihai, what a great name idea.

1       2       3              2483      
       2485              4261       4262       end