Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2482

1       2       3              2482      
       2484              4308       4309       end

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1094

Peter, very cool shots from the market. The bread shots are really good and the "alien" guy is an eye catcher.

Philippe, nice capture of the Lambo for rent. They put a Michelin tire on top of the Eiffel Tower? Is nothing sacred?

Scott, beautiful sunrise shot.

Anthony, great dog!

Chuong, very pretty house shots.

Georg, thanks for the feedback on the pano question.

Leighton, love the farm shots. The b&w's of Barbara and the lambs are top drawer.

pburke, the slot cars bring back some great memories.

Monty, train art is an outstandingly good shot.

John, I like the mood of your harbor photo.

Ben, nice shot of your "girl friend."

Sam, terrific snow shots.

Rafael, beautiful film scans.

Jose, love the Tanager and the banana.

Ray, beautiful shots from the garden.

Samy, nice captures of the Hawk and the very interesting Painted Stork.

James, beautiful driftwood photo.

Americo, the winking cat, with the bokeh background, is really nice.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7752

Two of my friends playing one of their gigs this month, just the duo this time, not the full band

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7752

I had gone to Pizza Hut one night to pick up my order, and this kitten was in the parking lot, jumping into the store windows and meowing loudly at the customers on the other side of the window as they were eating. As I opened the door, she made a rush to get in, but I kept her from going in. When I came out, she was still out there, and and very friendly. This particular store is at a very busy intersection, and I knew if she stayed there, it wouldn't be long before she became a splat. So.... I scooped her up, and put her in the car along with the food. Got home, whisked her into the back bathroom, fed her, and took her to the vet the following day for a complete checkup. Looks like she's found herself a good home, just needs a name now..

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Nikki Part two:
Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of
the world. "Located in the Heart of Central Florida
Plant City has a rich history dating back to the mid-
1800s when settlers first began to populate Florida.
Plant City was incorporated in 1885, 16 years after the
state was chartered. Plant City derives its name not
from the surrounding agricultural industry which greatly
added to the City's growth, but from Henry
BradleyPlant."

Oosty
Total Posts: 4039

Bilal - nice sharp portrait

Chin - I love your dog images - this one is terrific

Laura - a very nice set of pictures. Maybe "Margharita" (shortened to "Moggy") would be a good name for your cat since Moggy is British slang for a cat and the pizza assocaition fits too.

Rat - more beauts from Nikki - looks like an interesting old town too.

Jeff - thank you.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2984

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I had gone to Pizza Hut one night to pick up my order, and this kitten was in the parking lot, jumping into the store windows and meowing loudly at the customers on the other side of the window as they were eating. As I opened the door, she made a rush to get in, but I kept her from going in. When I came out, she was still out there, and and very friendly. This particular store is at a very busy intersection, and I knew if she stayed there, it wouldn't be long before she became a splat. So.... I scooped her up, and put her in the car along with the food. Got home, whisked her into the back bathroom, fed her, and took her to the vet the following day for a complete checkup. Looks like she's found herself a good home, just needs a name now..

She looks like a little Rascal to me.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 856

montym wrote:
Like so many others, my wife love to have her picture taken.
Monty

I get this a lot but usually it is when I am gonna buy something and the expression "talk to the hand" follows.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2984

Here is another shot from the 80-200mm. I think this little girl has an old soul. She was taking more care of her mom than her mom of her. Very good-natured and spoke very well for 5.

Exposure 1/100
Aperture f/4.5
Focal Length 200 mm
ISO Speed 800
50% crop to isolate the girl

DSC_6345 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

philipj
Total Posts: 851

rafaelcasd wrote:
nikon nikkor 20mm ud D800 full aperture sun in frame by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Note the interesting rainbow rays at full aperture, only lens I own that does this.

Rafael, I rarely see such marked dispersion in the internal reflections of a lens. In fact, the only instances I can find seems to be shooting directly into the sun with the 50mm f/1.2 AI-s wide open (reposted shot, who knows when it first appeared now though!):

Strutting down the Main by philipjohnson, on Flickr

I find my 28mm f/2.8 AI-s also readily shows internal flaring, but never with added spectral dispersion like your 20mm example above. Very interesting!

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

Here is an older photo I took with my long lost loved Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS I had to give up! It is hand held with my Nikon D700, and on board Nikon SB-28 flash set to low power. I sold my love, but someday it shall return!!

A.Rodriguez.Photo--2 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

A.Rodriguez.Photo- by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1094

Sorta cheating, but here's a "panorama" I was playing with based on a single shot with a 1:3.2 crop.

wapsijims
Total Posts: 21

using a PN-11 extension tube

Hello folks. I am just getting into using a couple of MF lenses and have a question about using the PN-11 extension tube. I hope this is the right place to ask....let me know if it's not.

In your experience what are the shortest, longest and most used manual focus lenses with this extension tube?

thanks Jim S aka "wapsijims"

montym
Total Posts: 4711

VERY COLD OUT
I had to go outside today! I dove for Higgs and bent my new glasses. I had to get them straightened...
I wasn't alone. I was very surprised to see this guy outside.

Monty

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Already posing!!! PanPan or Take-out is my name suggestion for her.

David

Reagan
Total Posts: 3002

MDoc9523 wrote:
Nikki Part two:
Plant City, Florida is the winter strawberry capital of
the world. "Located in the Heart of Central Florida
Plant City has a rich history dating back to the mid-
1800s when settlers first began to populate Florida.
Plant City was incorporated in 1885, 16 years after the
state was chartered. Plant City derives its name not
from the surrounding agricultural industry which greatly
added to the City's growth, but from Henry
BradleyPlant."

Hey Ray, Isn't the Plant City Srawberry Festival coming up soon

Just lurking with no camera
Great work everyone

Reagan

Laura she looks like a "Meg" to me

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2388

David Antilley wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Already posing!!! PanPan or Take-out is my name suggestion for her.

David

Hi Laura! What about "Lost Soul" or "Prodi-gal"?

montym
Total Posts: 4711

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Nice work!

Love that last picture!

mp356
Total Posts: 4337

James Markus wrote:

Shot with Nikkor 105mm f2.5 ais + 20mm extension tube + Nikon TC-14a TC
Title: Driftwood

Very nice James.
Scott

mp356

leighton w wrote:
raboof wrote:
Nice flower shots with Nikki, Ray.

I find myself reaching for the 28-50mm f3.5 AIS a lot. I like this little lens. Here is one with it.

I know what you mean about this little gem. So far, the only downside I see with it on FF is a little vignetting at the wide end which goes away when you stop it down a bit. Oh, and it doesn't focus as close as the 28mm f2.8, BUT has a nifty little micro setting on the 50mm side of things.

+1 Chuong. The 28-50 is a very nice little lens. It is fun to use and produces very nice images on the D7000.
Scott

mp356

Zichar wrote:
Tired from work today but after seeing her after her day at the groomers, I knew I had to pick up the camera. So cute, they put these tiny bands on her ears.
And I just love the character that these old MF nikkors have!
Was rushing to get out the door for dinner and went to get an AF lens to make things simpler (I know, right?) but thought, what the heck, just shoot what's on the camera
Wide open, it's super dreamy, plus she's oh-so-fluffy from grooming.
Left it as a low-contrast shot but you can see the detail in the in-focus areas

D700 + 35/2 AIS

norje (CKC_9059) by Zichar, on Flickr

Very nice Chin. She is looking sharp. Do she pose for long?

1       2       3              2482      
       2484              4308       4309       end