Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2478

1       2       3              2478      
       2480              4243       4244       end

SweetMk
Total Posts: 140

Great 20mm pics pburke!! Makes me want to get my 20mm out tomorrow. Glad I saved mine.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

I've always liked Train Art. I was happy to see this while killing time b/4 a meeting

Monty

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Guess Who?

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

leighton w wrote:
Barbara has become a lamb mother!

One of the ewes has rejected her babies, so we'll have to feed them a bottle 4 times a day for the next 6 or 7 weeks.

Leighton - that is so cute.

Monty - welcome back. It's been too long. Not sure if it's possible but Higgs is even cuter than Leighton's lambs.

ben

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5957

Fooled around with the 135/3.5 last night and today. It is sharp wide open as you can see from the 100% crop of my daughter's eye.

Unfortunately this copy seems to be decentered as the top right is pretty blurry at all apertures and the lower right as well (though not as bad). My 135/2 & 135/2.8 both have equal sharpness in all corners at all apertures, so it's not my camera mount.

First shots of my daughter using flash and wide open indoors. This copy is going back and I'll be on the look out for another.

John

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5957

The weather here has been pretty poor down near the ocean (up in the mountains it's been spectacular I'm told), so this is as good as I can do today.

135/2 AIS wide open. Hand held. Curves played with a bit with some mild sharpening in CS6.

John

raboof
Total Posts: 1484

Another shot with the 135mm f2 today @f5.6

Oosty
Total Posts: 4036

Scott - the corn field looks as cols as you said it was...brrr. Lovely light.

Kevin - you're gonna love that lens! NIce example of its abilities

Chuong - those are really sharp

Leighton - like the lambs - really cute when they're that small

Peterb - very good use of the 20mm to show off what was clearly a serious pastime

Monty - an excellent picture but I hate the subject. In my book graffiti doesn't qualify as art but as vandalism and the "artist" shows his total lack of respect for other people - sorry

- I do love your dog though!

John - very nice moody image - I hope the gloom has nothing to do with the grounding of the Dreamliner!

bruni

Lieutenant Z wrote:
bruni wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
A few more from the Champs Elysées with the 50/1.8 :

Phillippe -

Thanks Ben.
Actually I never go to the Champs but I had an apppointment there and a few minutes for shooting before an other appointment in La Defense (#3 & # 4 in the 1st set).

Yep I was close enough to hear what she was saying but she is a french girl and a french girl never call the police when a guy like me is too close to her -)

!

so french girls don't mind you getting that close huh? - well, it's the same for me with Australian girls - but only if they're dummies!

ben

nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

MarkdV
Total Posts: 718

stevenvh wrote:
Nikki's other sister....
I have a K 85/1.8 (Ai'd) # 421152 that's available for the cost of shipping.
It's got fungus, dust and dry focus, also original hood and leather case, generic caps.
Cosmetically, I'd say an 8. No scratches or rubs on the glass.
It differs from the HC version mostly in appearance, it seems. It looks like an Ai lens:
http://www.destoutz.ch/lens_85mm_f1.8_423875.html

Also an Ai-S 50/1.4 in similar condition available. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

cheers,
Steven

Hi Steven,
PM sent.

Kind regards,
Mark.

MarkdV

leighton w wrote:
Barbara has become a lamb mother!

One of the ewes has rejected her babies, so we'll have to feed them a bottle 4 times a day for the next 6 or 7 weeks.

Be careful Leighton or you'll end up with a pair of house pet sheep.
I see you've had a couple of pairs of triplets too, those Suffolk's are great at multiple births for sure but I think you are even above the average.

Have all the lamb landed now?

MarkdV

montym wrote:
I've always liked Train Art. I was happy to see this while killing time b/4 a meeting

Monty

Nice one Monty. And a very cute pic of the particle. I hope though that Rocky isn't feeling left out of your pics, he's still cute too!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9291

Thanks Philippe, Georg, Ben, Peter and Mark. Much appreciated.

Mark, we've had lambs in the house by the woodstove for a couple of days before when it's real cold outside. We have 1 more ewe to go!

leighton w

Peter B - Thanks for taking me back in time. I have spent countless hours with these things in my youth.

Monty - Good to see you again. I love the train art and the way you processed it. Very sharp too.

John - So the 3.5 version is going back? I guess it's hard to judge between the three when it seems off.

Chuong - Love the play between light and shadow with this one.

leighton w

bruni wrote:
so french girls don't mind you getting that close huh? - well, it's the same for me with Australian girls - but only if they're dummies!

ben

nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Now THAT'S funny!!! Good shot BTW.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2981

bruni wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

Phillippe - finally!!! finally!!!! - there I am constantly shooting the Opera House or the harbour bridge (and you calling them banal) so I thought we'd never get a pic of the Eiffel Tower,
ben

Ben , ask and you will receive.....
Here is a Tour Eiffel shot for you (5O/1.8 + extension tube attached):

leighton w

Lieutenant Z wrote:

bruni wrote:
Phillippe - finally!!! finally!!!! - there I am constantly shooting the Opera House or the harbour bridge (and you calling them banal) so I thought we'd never get a pic of the Eiffel Tower,
ben

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Gosh, it's much smaller than I had imagined.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4036

James Markus wrote:
Lots of wonderful photos! Anyone have any experience with the Nikon TC-14a? Bjørn Rørslett gave it a craptacular rating. I have one on loan at the moment - and from what I have read they are intended for use on 200mm (some say 300mm) or shorter lenses. Uwe Steinmueller seems to have gotten decent results on a 80-400 vr.

James, that's what I've read too. I have a TC 14b which is supposed to be designed for 300 + (it won't fit my shorter lenses) and it's not bad. Not as good as my mid 80's 2x converter though which worked well with all my lenses at the time (all except the 500 f8 reflex were stolen!)

Some from this morning with the 300 4.5 ED IF +14b

bruni

Lieutenant Z wrote:
bruni wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

ben

unacceptable ......on so MANY levels............

ben

georgms
Total Posts: 3401

Lieutenant Z wrote:
bruni wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

ben

Haha, looks like a key-pendant for the nice old Peugeot in your garden ;-)

1       2       3              2478      
       2480              4243       4244       end