Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2476

1       2       3              2476      
       2478              3788       3789       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5205

mp356 wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Look what showed up on my doorstep this afternoon. The final part of the 135mm trio - the 135/3.5 AIS (left).

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend to give the f/3.5 a spin on the D800.

John

John, this looks like a very nice trio. I am curious how you find the 135 3.5 and 2.8 for sharpness, and how they perform against the 105 2.5.
Scott

As soon as I can. The weather here in Seattle has been strange lately - cold and clouds down at sea level for the past few days.
May get up in the mountains tomorrow - so perhaps the D800 + lenses will come along too.

John

leighton w
Total Posts: 8567

Philippe - Love the third one!

Peter - I really appreciate you telling me about the blue cast, I always forget about that with my snow images. I just went back and corrected all of them and it does make a huge difference!

Chin - Are sheep are raised for meat, which we sell all year round.

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
Tonight I am celebrating my 19th anniversary of entertaining the Strawberry Patch with Karaoke. It is highly unusual to entertain in one venue for such a long period of time. I am proud to have served so many wonderful people and to have helped them achieve their 3 min 30 secs of fame. Quite a few of the folks that have passed through our doors have been some of the best singers that I have ever heard. I am sure that I have been entertained as much as I have entertained over the past 19 years.
Hopefully after tonight i will be able to spend some quality time with Nikki, I am looking forward to seeing what I can see with the old girl

Congrats on 19 years Ray! That's a long time to be doing something you love doing.

mp356
Total Posts: 3945

Lieutenant Z wrote:
A day in Paris with the 50/1.8 ais :

Very nice set Philippe. I like the first of the coffee cup.
Scott

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the snow pics series.

Georg, that 8-shot pano is stunning. It looks cold though where you are.

Philippe, I loved the B&W shot of the bike lane, though not bike friendly to then make the road cobbled. I really like the lighting in the shot. Nice set from Paris too. I'm there in a week but sadly only for work.

Peter, nice shots from the market.

Ray, when you've finished singing I am really looking forward to seeing your shots with Nikki. Each person who has had this lens has shown us some magic and I know she will do good stuff in your hands.

Ron - That's some monster lens. Just a thought, don't suppose you have a FT1 adaptor and a Nikon 1 series camera? Love to see one of those tiny things strapped to that beast.

mp356
Total Posts: 3945

From early yesterday morning. Bitterly cold (11 degrees f). Ben, maybe this will cool you down a bit. Taken with the 105 2.5 wide open.

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
From early yesterday morning. Bitterly cold (11 degrees f). Ben, maybe this will cool you down a bit. Taken with the 105 2.5 wide open.

I absolutely love this shot! Well done!!!! Now, since you get up so early, you want a job?!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2374

Another with the 80-200mm wide open...

Handheld, ISO800, f/4.5, 1/125

A/C Vent by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4229

You guys and gals are flat out GOOD. My humble contribution is to remind myself just how good the 180/2.8 Ai-S reallly is

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2826

Thanks Peter,Chin,Leighton,Scott, Mark!

Scott, nice early morning shot, brrrrr....
Kevin, gret framing & composition
Tony, good to see you again (and Emma too) !

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2826

A few more from the Champs Elysées with the 50/1.8 :

Oosty
Total Posts: 3937

Mark - I missed the snow shots - went back to find them and I like them!

Phillippe - that really is an elegant street even in winter! I like the scenery in #1 and #2 also

Ray - is there anything you can't/don't do? A man of many parts. looking forward to seeing how Nikki operates in your care.

Oosty

Anthony - good to see you too have a happy dog!

Oosty

More from the market. The last is an effort using Topaz B&W effects which I'm trying.

I have some reservations compared to Nik Silver Efex pro but it is very intuitive.

All with the 50 f2

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4579

leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Tonight I am celebrating my 19th anniversary of entertaining the Strawberry Patch with Karaoke. It is highly unusual to entertain in one venue for such a long period of time. I am proud to have served so many wonderful people and to have helped them achieve their 3 min 30 secs of fame. Quite a few of the folks that have passed through our doors have been some of the best singers that I have ever heard. I am sure that I have been entertained as much as I have entertained over the past 19 years.
Hopefully after tonight i will be able to spend some quality time with Nikki, I am looking forward to seeing what I can see with the old girl

Congrats on 19 years Ray! That's a long time to be doing something you love doing.

Thank you all so much for your comments. I have a deep appreciation for music as well as photography. I promise I will do my best to put Nikki to the best use that I can. I am already planning my photo opportunities

James Markus
Total Posts: 4220

Lots of wonderful photos! Anyone have any experience with the Nikon TC-14a? Bjørn Rørslett gave it a craptacular rating. I have one on loan at the moment - and from what I have read they are intended for use on 200mm (some say 300mm) or shorter lenses. Uwe Steinmueller seems to have gotten decent results on a 80-400 vr.

leighton w

Kevin - Very nice abstract!

Tony - Good job nailing focus on a moving dog.

Philippe - Love the third one of the Arc de Triomphe.

Peter - I love the last one of the bread. I wish our market had a baker that specialized in this type of bread.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1824

Great shot Z and Peter :-)

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4579

I have one James and it is so good especially on the 85mm 1.4 it gives me a 120mm 2.0 and saved me a ton of money off buying the 135mm 2.0. I have used it on the 180 and 135 2.8 with great success. It is also wonderful on the 300mm 4.5 so that saved me from buying the 400mm 5.6. If you can buy a good copy I highly recommend the TC 14A!

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:

I absolutely love this shot! Well done!!!! Now, since you get up so early, you want a job?!

me too - fantastic. Doesn't look bitterly cold - maybe it's that warm light - but it sure is beautiful.

ben

1       2       3              2476      
       2478              3788       3789       end