Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2474

1       2       3              2474      
       2476              4301       4302       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2968

leighton w wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
Maybe those that host their photos on Flickr or other image hosting sites can put links to their profiles? I have my images sorted by lens, or at the very least put the lens data with the picture if its not included in one of my lens folders.

Thoughts?

philipj wrote:
I have all my photos organized by lenses in sets on Flickr too, so it's easy enough to find my stuff. Also I don't have any non-AI-s glass these days, so every photo I take, save for the odd iPhone shot, is with a manual focus NIKKOR!

leighton w wrote:
Stupid question, can you have your photos in more than 1 set? For example, suppose i take a shot of a barn with the 50mm, can I have it in a 50mm set and say a barn set?

NightOwl Cat wrote:
not a stupid question, and the answer to your question is yes, you can have it in more than one set.

Thanks Laura, and thank you Philip for the idea.

Sheesh Leighton... Philips idea... **rollseyes** ! Just kidding...

I got the chance to use the 80-200 f/4.5 today. Lens is very sharp! I was impressed. Was able to hand hold many shots at 1/50, even zoomed at 200mm. I see a lot of green fringing though. That is the only gripe I have with it so far. Will hopefully have an example or two from today posted later.

georgms
Total Posts: 3453

Thanks for the kind comments on the theatre-shot! Leighton, I'll try to post some comparison-shots next time.

georgms

8 shots with a 55/1.2 stitched - it's everything but perfect, but I love it, cause it's my hometown ;-)

another winterly pano von georgsfoto auf Flickr

kwoodard

georgms wrote:
8 shots with a 55/1.2 stitched - it's everything but perfect, but I love it, cause it's my hometown ;-)

Wow, just wow... Perfect!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Nikki arrives in the Sunshine State of Florida. I just received Nikki from Leighton yesterday and I am looking forward to spending time learning how to use this famous lens. I hope to take her out on Sunday and Monday. Here is how she looks upon arrival and a few comparison shots of her and her big sister the 85mm 1.4 AIS

mp356
Total Posts: 4329

leighton w wrote:
Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5.

Leighton, I really like the first and third images in this set. The b&w of the ram is really nice. The sunrise colors in the third along with the composition make this one very nice as well.

MDoc9523

Georg I love your city in snow photo. Such nice detail on this shot as well as the one you posted yesterday. They are very very nice indeed!

mp356

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Busy week but get back to serious matters now :

24PC E

Philippe, this one is fantastic. The placement of the pavement marking and the texture of the cobbles, well rendered in b&w, what is not to like. Just wish I had taken it.

stedge
Total Posts: 862

MDoc9523 wrote:
Georg I love your city in snow photo. Such nice detail on this shot as well as the one you posted yesterday. They are very very nice indeed!

Me, too!

mp356

kwoodard wrote:
georgms wrote:

Wow, just wow... Perfect!

+1 Georg! Very nice.

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:
Nikki arrives in the Sunshine State of Florida. I just received Nikki from Leighton yesterday and I am looking forward to spending time learning how to use this famous lens. I hope to take her out on Sunday and Monday. Here is how she looks upon arrival and a few comparison shots of her and her big sister the 85mm 1.4 AIS

Ray, it looks like your 1.4 needs to go on a diet! Looking forward to your work with Nikki.

MDoc9523

Yes it does Scott
I have got so much work to do to even come close to those of you who have gone before me in our Nikki adventure!

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

Thanks Georg.

It was 45 - almost 46 degrees (114 degrees).

Today is 25. A 25 degree drop in one day. It's grey and windy - but I'm hoping to play with the 24 PCE.

ben

georgms

Kevin, Ray, Eric and Scott - I'm glad you guys like the winterly pano!

Ben, 45C is way beyond my horizon. I hope you'll find something photogenic on your trip through grey and windy Sydney.

Ray, the 2/3-f-stop makes quite a difference - that 85/1.4 looks pretty chubby ;-) Can't wait to see your work with Nikki.

philipj
Total Posts: 850

Stunning Georg!

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

Has anyone talked to Monty since Lance confessed?

David

kwoodard

As promised... Taken today with my newly acquired 80-200mm f/4.5

200mm, 1/160 (hand held), ISO 1600, wide open. This lens is blowing my mind. All I did to this is tweak the color and a little sharpening.

DSC_6197web by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

montym
Total Posts: 4711

georgms wrote:

Just BEAUTIFUL
I love the high key post processing!

Monty

montym
Total Posts: 4711

David Antilley wrote:
Has anyone talked to Monty since Lance confessed?

David

Ha Ha

The whole thing is sad. It's what we all knew, but deep down I wanted him to be clean. I guess he is still not being totally honest. He needs to confess under oath at the USADA and the UCI

Good article here. An interview with one of his former team mates.

There. I'm going back into hibernation

Monty

rankamateur
Total Posts: 854

kwoodard wrote:
As promised... Taken today with my newly acquired 80-200mm f/4.5

200mm, 1/160 (hand held), ISO 1600, wide open. This lens is blowing my mind. All I did to this is tweak the color and a little sharpening.

DSC_6197web by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

The lens gets no respect! I still think it is an amazing lens for what you pay for. I know mine is every bit as sharp as lenses I have spent 10 times the money for and more.

1       2       3              2474      
       2476              4301       4302       end