My wife seems a little upset that the first thing I do is get on FM

Bridge in the daylight
and a little rust
Got to give the D600 back tomorrow

Reagan

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

Reagan - that's great news!
of course you got on FM first - you know what's important.

love the first one.

ben

bruni

thanks Jose, Scott, for the nice comments on the bike shot - I guess getting down on the ground to take the pic was worth it....lol.

Leighton - I can't remember if I used the lens correction on that one. I don't always use it because - as you say - it can sometimes have a big effect on the image - even on the lighting, yet sometimes it's almost imperceptible.

How's lambing going?

ben

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

Great news Reagan. Love the second one!

leighton w
Total Posts: 8616

MarkdV wrote:
raboof wrote:
Can't wait to see that on your hair, Mark.

I was thinking in Leighton's beard.

I can see them now!

leighton w

asiostygius wrote:
Late breeding activities in January over here.Delivering food to offspring:

Parent feeding on Great Kiskadee juvenile by labecoaves, on Flickr

Two of the juveniles have to wait.
D7000 + 600mm f/5.6 AIS IF-ED + beanbag over a windowsill, ISO 640, f/8 at 1/400s, ~35% crop, the birds were 17 metres away.

Love this one Jose!

leighton w

Reagan wrote:
Still alive and home from the hospital good for another 5 years

Bridge in the daylight
and a little rust

Reagan

Good to see you survived! I Like the set, but really like the first one how the light and shadows play on the bridge. So, have you ordered the D600 yet?

leighton w

Well lambing is ALMOST done, we Have 3 ewes left to lamb and we have 23 lambs on the ground.

Not only are we in the midst of lambing, our walk-in cooler where we store all of our vegetables for sale every week gave up the ghost! The compressor seen in this first shot went bad. So instead of paying a huge repair bill to fix it, I decided to buy another CoolBot to replace it. It's a great little invention that allows you to run a standard window air-conditioner below what it's normally capable of. It will allow it to cool down to anywhere you set it, which for us, is normally 40F. We had one in our big reefer unit which I showed y'all last year and they work great. If the AC goes out, you just run to Home Depot and get another one. Not only that, it's a LOT easier on the electric bill.

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4257

anybody want to give Zeiss ZF.2 and/or a Nikkor 180/2.8 ED-IF Ai-S a roll, I've just posted a FS add on our B&S Board here.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1182874

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5229

anthonysemone wrote:
anybody want to give Zeiss ZF.2 and/or a Nikkor 180/2.8 ED-IF Ai-S a roll, I've just posted a FS add on our B&S Board here.

Oh, I do want that 100/2 Zeiss, but man I'd have to put it on layaway or something . . . .

leighton w

anthonysemone wrote:

Wow Tony, that's an excellent price you have on the 180. If I didn't already have one I'd surely snap it up.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Reagan wrote:

Bridge in the daylight
and a little rust

Reagan

Good news Reagan from the hospital visit, shame you have to give up the D600 though, they are great shots.

bruni wrote:
it was bloody hot out there today - the sun didn't come out till noon and by then it was too hot to take pics

ben

Ben, very sorry to hear about the terrible heat. Really unbelievably sorry. Just for you here is the fabulous weather we are enjoying here and thinking how glad we are that we go outside and get icicles in our beards rather than having the curse of warmth.

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4257

Hi Leighton,

thanks for the bump. I'm just trying to move stuff in expectation of getting the new Leica M

BTW, you're taking some very beautiful pics of the Shenandoah. Many, many years ago I tried out at the Old Dominion 100 mile horse/runner competition, much of which was up in the Massanutten, but of course over Skyline Drive from the 4-H camp and then through the valley a bit before crossing the Shenandoah.

Great fun!!

take care

georgms
Total Posts: 3065

Jammy, Scott, Leighton, Ronny, Ray&Ray, Tony&Tony, Jeff and Jose - thanks for your comments on the focus-stacked rose and the snow-pictures!

Jammy, very nice bird-portrait of the one-legged Ibis.

Kevin, nice architecture-detail.

Ray, I like the small-rapids-shot a lot.

Tony, love the Moonlight-image!

Tony, the broken press is is perfect B&W-subject and beautifully captured.

Ben, the tilted freelines are really cool. The QVB-shot is great. Love the bike from below. The bow-shaped building is another proof that the 24/3.5 has for sure a place in your camera-bag.

Reagan, very nice work with the 105 on your friends D600! Love especially the first two shots - the pelican and the trimaran-sailor.

John, love the tugboat-shot!

Jeff, wow, great work at the beach! Do you take notes about f-stop and shutterspeeds when shooting film?

Philip, you have great eyes for details like "109OZ".

Chuong, lovely birthday-picture of your daughter! And hats off to your cake-decorating skills

Mark, the set taken with the 55/2.8 is one of your strongest in my opinion. Excellent work!

Jose, the Kiskadee-set is excellent!

Leighton, sorry to hear/read about the cooler and the ill ewe.

georgms
Total Posts: 3065

Played a bit more with the PC 28/3.5 - it's for sure not the ideal lens for hand-held shots.
Removing the distortion can be tricky. Here's a shot from today - the local theatre is in need of paint:

Volkstheater-Fassade von georgsfoto auf Flickr
at full shift like above the corners are pretty weak at f/8 - have to try f/11 or even /16 from a tripod...

bruni

MarkdV wrote:
Reagan wrote:

Bridge in the daylight
and a little rust

Reagan

Good news Reagan from the hospital visit, shame you have to give up the D600 though, they are great shots.

bruni wrote:
it was bloody hot out there today - the sun didn't come out till noon and by then it was too hot to take pics

ben

Ben, very sorry to hear about the terrible heat. Really unbelievably sorry. Just for you here is the fabulous weather we are enjoying here and thinking how glad we are that we go outside and get icicles in our beards rather than having the curse of warmth.

Mark - love the night snow pics.

And I appreciate the sarcasm too. I love the heat - but today is ridiculous. I went out and took dawn pics - by 9 o'clock it became impossible - the sweat was fogging up the viewfinder and I was dripping all over the lenses. It's 10.30 now - had to come home to get out of the heat. They reckon it will climb to 43 by the middle of the day - that's 109 degrees - so yeah, I'm loving the snow shots.

ben

mp356
Total Posts: 3967

Reagan wrote:

Bridge in the daylight
and a little rust

Reagan

Great news Reagan! Nice series with the D600. Great looking bridge.

mp356
Total Posts: 3967

georgms wrote:
Played a bit more with the PC 28/3.5 - it's for sure not the ideal lens for hand-held shots.
Removing the distortion can be tricky. Here's a shot from today - the local theatre is in need of paint:

Volkstheater-Fassade von georgsfoto auf Flickr
at full shift like above the corners are pretty weak at f/8 - have to try f/11 or even /16 from a tripod...

Georg, this is one sharp image. The lines and detail are so crisp. Nicely captured and converted.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5229

As I've tried to do the last two years I've collected up almost all my images taken with my MF Nikkors in 2012 and put them into one place:

http://hinkey.zenfolio.com/p743018635

Windows or something clobbered some of the jpgs for some reason so some of them are not as sharp as they really are.

Someone really needs to take all the amazing photos from this thread and put them all in one place sortable by date, place, and owner.

John

Foggy14
Total Posts: 905

Thanks Georg. My "high tech" exif system for my film camera is a pencil and post-it notes ;-) It's a pain, but it helps me keep track of things. I really like your theater shot with the PC lens. There's a lot of character beneath the peeling paint and graffiti.

Philip, "1090oz" is a cool shot.

Americo, your wine and bokeh series is very creative and I love the colors. Leighton had some very good suggestions. One additional idea would be to try just a bit of fill-flash on the labels of the bottles and the wine glass. You've placed them in a prominent space in your frame, but the lighting treatment is "saying" that the bokeh is the star of the show. Good luck!

Reagan, the yellow chairs in front of the pink house is a terrific shot.

Choung, nice shot of your daughter. It's great she's at the age when she wants you take her picture. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Chin,

Ben, I really like the bike shot.

Jose, your photos bring to mind the Peter Gabriel / Laurie Anderson song, "Excellent Birds."

Mark, great snowy night shots, especially the traffic lights.

1       2       3              2470      
       2472              3819       3820       end