Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2459

1       2       3              2459      
       2461              3790       3791       end

vpik01
Total Posts: 587

Another 105/2.5 pano stitch, 12 images this time using PSE10. This is the Potomac River sunrise from last Wednesday;

Potomac River Sunrise Pano by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2374

vpik01 wrote:
Another 105/2.5 pano stitch, 12 images this time using PSE10. This is the Potomac River sunrise from last Wednesday;

Potomac River Sunrise Pano by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Beautiful

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5205

CanonGolfGuy wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
CanonGolfGuy wrote:
I haven't posted in here in a while due to being too busy to take pictures. I picked up a 135mm F3.5 Ai-S for $45 the other day. I took this one more as a candid while my fiancé was putting her had up, but its a great lens, especially for $45.

Was this wide open? If so it looks pretty sharp to me.

John

Hi John,

Yes, it was. I've actually only shot it wide open so far. It seems to do pretty well there. Focus ring is a bit stiff, but I can't complain.

William

I looked at the full rez version on flickr and her hair looked pretty sharp to me. I've been doddling picking up a 135/3.5 AI or AIS - now I definitely will.

John

vpik01
Total Posts: 587

Thanks Kevin! Two more from the same morning out on the bike (the photography was better than the riding - I was pooped, and cold!). Both with D600 and 105/2.5 AI-s;

Mount Vernon Trail Flyby by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Monumental Sunrise by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

CanonGolfGuy
Total Posts: 207

jhinkey wrote:
CanonGolfGuy wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
CanonGolfGuy wrote:
I haven't posted in here in a while due to being too busy to take pictures. I picked up a 135mm F3.5 Ai-S for $45 the other day. I took this one more as a candid while my fiancé was putting her had up, but its a great lens, especially for $45.

John

Hi John,

Yes, it was. I've actually only shot it wide open so far. It seems to do pretty well there. Focus ring is a bit stiff, but I can't complain.

William

I looked at the full rez version on flickr and her hair looked pretty sharp to me. I've been doddling picking up a 135/3.5 AI or AIS - now I definitely will.

John

I'll see if I have any other samples if you like. This was a quick one focused through the VF just based on what my eyes thought was in focus. I should also mention that I cropped off the upper third of the image.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5205

CanonGolfGuy wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
CanonGolfGuy wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
CanonGolfGuy wrote:

John

Hi John,

William

John

I'll see if I have any other samples if you like. This was a quick one focused through the VF just based on what my eyes thought was in focus. I should also mention that I cropped off the upper third of the image.

Sure, I'd love to see some more.
Do you know if there is any difference between the AI and AIS versions besides the focus throw and weight (just a little) - i.e., like coatings?

- John

CanonGolfGuy
Total Posts: 207

John,

Not sure on the differences between them. I'll look through my shots tomorrow, and I would be happy to take some test shots too if you like. I've got a D800, which I believe is what you shoot with as well, correct?

William

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 194

One more and this will have to hold you. It is one of my favorites from last March. It is a nice display above a cabin on Kashwitna Lake.

D700 - Nikkor 28mm ƒ/2.0 AI - ISO 800 - ƒ/2.0 - 2 sec

Ten minutes after local Midnight March 16, 2011 -- Temp -25ºF

This same gallery has a couple taken at twilight with a D300 - Nikkor 24mm ƒ/2.0 AI setup as well.

Oosty
Total Posts: 3937

MarkdV wrote:
Some from St Gallen from a couple of weeks ago. A miserable day outside so these are all from the cathedral of the Abby of St Gall. There is a bell in the cathedral that dated from 700AD and is one of the oldest bells in Europe. It was brought to St Gallen from Ireland in the 8th Century by a monk who went there to visit - Yes, this old Bell is really just a tacky souvenir, probably has written on it "My Saint went to Ireland and all he brought back was this stupid bell".

All the photos were taken with the 105mm f2.5

Very nice Mark.

BTW you can get biltong from a shop in London. PM me and I'll get the deatils from our daughter who lives there if you're interested - otherwise you'll just have to be content with bundnerfleisch or bresaola

Oosty
Total Posts: 3937

Jose - I see I looked but failed to comment on your amazing macros of the tiny flowers

Sam - the Weasel and Jake must really compete for the special place in your heart reserved for dogs - lovely pic

Kenny - good to see my countrymen well looked after in your zoo. Film can still do it!

Georg - 3 really good images. #1 looks like a Christmas card shot.

Phillippe - two more masterful images. Great in B&W.

Jeff - thank you for commenting. Good "old fashioned" feel to the surf pic.

Ray - the landscapes are gorgeous - lovely country. No wonder they could hide the whiskey stills in those hills

Leighton - you're certainly putting Nikki through her paces. Lovely skies and colours.

Scott - excellent image of the bulrush ( do you call those "cattails?)

Ray - you've captured the essence of steam. The big modern trains just can't come close.

djj... - very nice rocks

Kevin - nice macros - are thos rock crystals?

Tony - superb pano. Pity size is limited on my monitor. I'd love to see it 6 feet wide.

Mike - just as you can't get tired of taking them, I can't get tired of looking at them. The aurora images are fantastic.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

vpik01 wrote:
Thanks Kevin! Two more from the same morning out on the bike (the photography was better than the riding - I was pooped, and cold!). Both with D600 and 105/2.5 AI-s;

[url=httrl], on Flickr

sun won't shine by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Voyager of the Seas by benmorgan28, on Flickr

nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

They're all great Tony - the pano is super nice

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1824

Tony DeFilippo: Great shot.. especially that on the plane
Like it a lot Ben.. Great set

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1824

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 8575

Kevin - Very unusual images, but nice. I had to google Geode to understand what I was looking at.

Tony - Congrats on the "explore" image!

William - You mentioned that your focus ring was stiff, probably just needs to be used some. I LIke the shot too.

Ben - Nice set, but the shoe shot's a killer image!

Mike - Another nice image from the frozen north!

leighton w
Total Posts: 8575

My idea of modern art! I was out shooting yesterday and didn't realize I had my camera set to a 2 second timed shutter release. So I pushed the shutter button and it seemed real sluggish (duh). So I pushed it again and when it didn't act right I let the camera down from my eye and at just that moment, it fired and this is the resulting image. I wonder if I can sell it for a million bucks!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2826

Ben I disagree with Leighton : that's not a nice set... that's a gorgeous set!
But no more compliment : I'm jealous of your work with the 24 PCE!

Lieutenant Z

leighton w wrote:
My idea of modern art! I was out shooting yesterday and didn't realize I had my camera set to a 2 second timed shutter release. So I pushed the shutter button and it seemed real sluggish (duh). So I pushed it again and when it didn't act right I let the camera down from my eye and at just that moment, it fired and this is the resulting image. I wonder if I can sell it for a million bucks!

For 1 million bucks, your work will not be taken seriously : sell it for $25 Million!

Lieutenant Z

Tony, the pic with the plane is amazing!
Ronny, like #2!

Lieutenant Z

Thanks Chin, Kevin, Leighton, Ray, Jeff, Scott, Ben, Alan, Ronny, Ray (from Ohio), Georg, Peter for comments much appreciated

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

leighton w wrote:

I had mine on manual at 1/3rd of a second - trying to catch a moving merry-go-round.
No matter how good your lens is (in this case the 35-70), it turns out it will never be sharp in those conditions.

1       2       3              2459      
       2461              3790       3791       end