Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2454

1       2       3              2454      
       2456              4432       4433       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3515

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Peter, very nice set from the local market! I like especially the last two shots ("Heaven in every Bite" is quite a promise...). Btw, there's nothing wrong with spending some time with a fishing rod instead of a camera.
I've fished 2011 like a maniac and only a very few times last year. Missed the quiet hours on the water 2012...
Hope I can mix photography and fishing this year in a better way.

I miss fishing a lot as well. I used to go Trout fishing all the time, but I haven't been in a VERY long while.

Leighton, I've never tried trout-fishing. The rivers and streams here are getting cleaner and clearer every year and demanding species like trouts come back. So - maybe there's some fly-fishing in my future ;-)
Here's a mediocre picture of my most loved rod and reel - both are from the 70's and I've tried to process the image accordingly:

vintage ABU Legerlite swing-tip-rod and Shakespeare-reel (with ball-bearing!!!) - D700, Ai'd Nikkor S-Auto 50/1.4

leighton w
Total Posts: 9774

georgms wrote:
leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Peter, very nice set from the local market! I like especially the last two shots ("Heaven in every Bite" is quite a promise...). Btw, there's nothing wrong with spending some time with a fishing rod instead of a camera.
I've fished 2011 like a maniac and only a very few times last year. Missed the quiet hours on the water 2012...
Hope I can mix photography and fishing this year in a better way.

I miss fishing a lot as well. I used to go Trout fishing all the time, but I haven't been in a VERY long while.

Leighton, I've never tried trout-fishing. The rivers and streams here are getting cleaner and clearer every year and demanding species like trouts come back. So - maybe there's some fly-fishing in my future ;-)
Here's a mediocre picture of my most loved rod and reel - both are from the 70's and I've tried to process the image accordingly:

vintage ABU Legerlite swing-tip-rod and Shakespeare-reel (with ball-bearing!!!) - D700, Ai'd Nikkor S-Auto 50/1.4

Very cool Georg, and the processing matches. I have a reel that's almost like that, a Garcia Mitchell 300 from the seventies. The trout streams around here are very nice and clean, and well stocked. Nothing like getting one of those things on your fly rod! What excitement.

georgms

Thanks, Leighton! Speaking of Garcia - some the old ABU-catalogues were beautifully illustrated, lot's of wonderful shallow-DoF-shots.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

I've been away for a week and as usual I am way behind. My mother isn't doing well so I took a trip to Ohio to spend some time. I had a great visit and spent her 90th birthday with her. She has good days and bad days but over all she had quite an improvement.
I didn't have much time for photography but I did stop at Rarity Mountain to see the panoramic view. Here's a shot using the 16mm 3.5 trimmed.

georgms

MDoc9523 wrote:
I've been away for a week and as usual I am way behind. My mother isn't doing well so I took a trip to Ohio to spend some time. I had a great visit and spent her 90th birthday with her. She has good days and bad days but over all she had quite an improvement.
I didn't have much time for photography but I did stop at Rarity Mountain to see the panoramic view. Here's a shot using the 16mm 3.5 trimmed.

Ray, great to hear from you and welcome back. Some things in life are much more important than photography (and no, I'm not talking about fishing).
Very nice panoramic!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9774

georgms wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Ray, great to hear from you and welcome back. Some things in life are much more important than photography (and no, I'm not talking about fishing).
Very nice panoramic!

+1
Ray, I sent you an email.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4469

Jose, I always tick the "Completed Listings" and check just the ones that sold to get an idea of what a current price is for a particular item. When I checked current listings this one stands out....for 35mm f/2.8 PC Nikkor's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-PC-Nikkor-35-mm-F-2-8-Lens-Mint-Condition-/181060153859?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2a2806b203

Very end of the ais line - this one did not sell the last THREE times (perhaps more) the person listed it. Which just proves that what some people ask for some items isn't reasonable, or near it's actual value. However...in the completed listings are these four (+ more)

Sold for $349 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-PC-Nikkor-35mm-Perspective-Control-lens-F-2-8-wide-angle-/140891831708?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item20cdcebd9c&nma=true&si=f7QIIwf6ZM33%2Fa62dfhvUJQHGts%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold for $202
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-PC-Nikkor-35mm-Perspective-Control-lens-F-2-8-wide-angle-WITH-L37-52-MM-/110996563589?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item19d7e92685&nma=true&si=f7QIIwf6ZM33%2Fa62dfhvUJQHGts%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold for $225 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-PC-Nikkor-35-mm-F-2-8-AIS-Lens-MF-/200872452957?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2ec4ee635d&nma=true&si=f7QIIwf6ZM33%2Fa62dfhvUJQHGts%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold for $362
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-PC-Nikkor-PC-Nikkor-35mm-f-2-8-35-mm-F-2-8-Lens-/261144347813?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3ccd6a84a5&nma=true&si=f7QIIwf6ZM33%2Fa62dfhvUJQHGts%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Very nice panoramic!

+1
Ray, I sent you an email.

Thanks for the E-mail I responded

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

Mark - great set from Bregenz

Paul - beautiful "Thursday" shots

ben

georgms

A shot from this morning. Cant blame the Nikkor for the flare - had a cheap UV-filter on it and couldn't remove it quick enough with cold fingers:

friendly diver von georgsfoto auf Flickr
A friendly diver - D3s, ISO3200, 1/320sec at f/5.6, 300/4.5 IF-ED

mp356
Total Posts: 4448

Oosty wrote:
Fianlly got out this afternoon with a camera instead of golf clubs, fishing rods etc....have to make the most of summer

At our weekly food market which is held in the ground of our local Montessori school. It's open from 4pm to 8pm and there are food stalls and a bar serving beer and wine. You take your own chairs although there are a couple of benches.

Some images (5H30 pm slightly overcast). All with D200 + ai'd 50mm f2

Nice images from the market Peter. I'll take one of those roasted butternut and feta springrolls. Sounds yummy.
Scott

mp356

georgms wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Very nice panoramic!

+2 Ray. Glad you are back! Our best to your mom.
Scott

mp356

georgms wrote:
A shot from this morning. Cant blame the Nikkor for the flare - had a cheap UV-filter on it and couldn't remove it quick enough with cold fingers:

friendly diver von georgsfoto auf Flickr
A friendly diver - D3s, ISO3200, 1/320sec at f/5.6, 300/4.5 IF-ED

Thanks for the comment Georg. I like this shot of the diver. But he only has three fingers!
Scott

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3133

Some more lunch time shots with the Series E 28mm f/2.8

Nailing focus is difficult with this lens, but I am figuring it out.

DSC_6016web by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_6007web by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 221

For your consideration.

The Aurora Borealis March, 9 2011, Turnagain Pass, Alaska

D700 - Noct-Nikkor 58mm /1.2

sbarricklow
Total Posts: 2105

Jake the Dog - 50 mm f1.2 AIS wide open

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6228

I thought while I'm enjoying the lack of Java on my machines (all of you should have Java disabled on every OS you have for the near term) I'd post some pics from today - a rare day here in the PNW as it was cold, dry, and sunny with lots of fresh snow in the mountains.

400/5.6 ED AI + CPL, hand held. Could/should be sharper than this, but you get what you can.

Enjoy -

John

jhinkey

Need some more rust images. Found these corroding railings and I could not resist.
105/2.5 AIS at MFD and wide open. It's not super sharp, but sharpness ain't everything there is to make an interesting image.

- John

jhinkey

mike-in-ak wrote:
For your consideration.

The Aurora Borealis March, 9 2011, Turnagain Pass, Alaska

D700 - Noct-Nikkor 58mm /1.2

Awesome!!!!

raboof
Total Posts: 1569

mike-in-ak wrote:
For your consideration.