Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2452

1       2       3              2452      
       2454              5891       5892       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

jhinkey wrote:
And some more images from Nikki with the PK11A tube on her:

These are all great! How long is the tube?

I think I want a set of tubes and I need a decent flash I can use off-camera. Any suggestions for those?

montym
Total Posts: 4717

CGrindahl wrote:
And why am I not surprised that Monty is having an 85 f/1.4 AI-s itch?

Frankly, Monty, I think a few of those lenses are priced a bit high for the market, so you'll likely have a few remaining at the end of this process, though the 85 could go. That would be a real loss because judging from your work with that lens, it is a focal length that really works for your shooting style. If it is already listed Monty you might want to consider removing it... The is such a thing as "seller's remorse..."

Nothing is listed anywhere yet. I plan on putting them on eBay one at a time in "reverse use" order

The 20mm will go up tonight.
Then the 105mm or 28mm. Since I got the 85mm the 105mm has not been on my camera. The 105mm is a beautiful lens but unused with an 85mm in the house

I only need a few hundred to cover my latest purchase. Once one or two lenses sells I suspect intrest in selling will wane.

And the 85mm? Never. It's a keeper. I suspect the fisheye and I will never part company either. The 14mm-24mm may put it "out of business" though, but that is a long way out.

The 70-200 should arrive at work tomorrow morning. I suspect 9:50 AM will NEVER get here After that all work will cease and I will be taking a long slow walk thought the shop

Monty

montym
Total Posts: 4717

jhinkey wrote:
Another Nikki installment from Seattle is off to Leighton - here's a few from the Pike Place Market:

Nice capture... Cool dude.
Too much color though

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

PK-11A (get the A version) is 8mm.

Even with 8mm of extension I found the MFD of Nikki to be a bit too long. Yesterday I used the PK-12 (14mm) and it worked much better.

pburke
Total Posts: 3009

kwoodard wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
And some more images from Nikki with the PK11A tube on her:

These are all great! How long is the tube?

I think I want a set of tubes and I need a decent flash I can use off-camera. Any suggestions for those?

I have the old Nikon K1 through K5 tube set - very cool for the wide angles, since the K1 is the shortest extension ring ever made by Nikon - great on my 20mm or 24mm. Found my set for $10 in the original leather case. Seen them as high as $150 on ebay, so shop carefully. Modern tubes are longer than the entire K1-5 set (40mm?), so for telephotos you may want to find something that is longer for closer focus.

Flash - if you don't care for TTL, anything will do as long as you can adjust the output. I use an a Nikon SB-16 from my F3HP and a Canon 540EZ I bought in the 90s, both with radio triggers from China (Yongnuo RF602, set of 3 receivers and sender for $65). TTL makes things much more complicated and very expensive, especially for remote trigger. Many ways to do this, sky is the limit.

Peter

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

Careful with the K rings though . . .

http://photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00aiO7

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Nice examples of Nikki with the extension tubes John.

Did this recent trial of the 55 3.5 Micro with the PK13 X 2 + PN11 ( I think total about 110mm or such). The label on the case for my Kindle. Kindle's a god send during various travails experienced during air travel

With that extension tube combo and the 55 Micro, one is down to nearly 0 cm between the front of the lens (hood attached) and subject. I just rested the lens hood down on the case for this shot, and sunlight happened to be directly on the case, otherwise adequate lighting can become very problematic without one of those ring flash gizmos.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

Looks like your DOF is about 2mm even at f/4.

saph

Kevin, I tried to crawl on the floor with the tubed up 55 Micro and get real close to a spider after this shot. But between the lack of lighting near the edge of the floor and depth of field issues, I kept on getting dark blurry blobs instead of a hairy spider

Have to go look at the "Post your setup" thread again

Samy

kwoodard wrote:
Looks like your DOF is about 2mm even at f/4.

saph

Leighton, maybe this will jog your memory finally

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

All of the talk about the 85mm 1.4 AIS I had to get out today for some shots of NMFL's Monty you MUST keep this lens. It is a real gem!

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Thanks Curtis. We have quite a few train stations here in Cincinnati. Abandoned ones are not difficult to see but hard to get to. I think I will explore more this summer. Some local photographers here took some really nice ones but I am not sure where yet.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Ray, that first flower shot is incredible sharp and colorful. I think I bought a defective 85mm f1.4 AIS. It's soft.

kings_freak
Total Posts: 952

rafaelcasd wrote:
But maybe bigger is better after all

nikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 TC16A D800 Redtail Hawk by Rafael CA, on Flickr

All of your bird shots were spectacular Rafael!

傍ony

kings_freak

MDoc9523 wrote:
All of the talk about the 85mm 1.4 AIS I had to get out today for some shots of NMFL's Monty you MUST keep this lens. It is a real gem!

The colors are SO vibrant in these Ray. Great job!

傍ony

kings_freak

bruni wrote:
Don't know whether to damn Phillippe - or thank him. He forced me to buy the 24mm PCE then he returned it and moved on....and here I am still stuck on it.

ben

obsessed with the red bike - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

As much as I like the woman walking down the street shot, this one really drew me in.

傍ony

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1472

Thanks Peter, Mark, Georg, Ray and Samy for your comments.

Scott, really like your reflection shot and the farm landscapes in the snow.

Georg, terrific shot of the ornate door in the church.

Peter, "Paternoster at 1st light" is beautiful. I really like how the top is framed in fog. Great colors and composition on "Crayfish bakkie."

Monty, as one of my b&w benchmarks, I hope a few of your MF lenses don't sell.

Rafael, really like the "Ceremonial Barn."

Philip, wonderful shot of Margot!

Mark, great parade set.

Kevin, very cool b&w from the vacant garage.

Paul, I really like the sheet shot and the swans.

Craig, nice train images.

Chuong, great rust shots, especially the third one.

Kenny, I really like the Pumas on Porta.

Samy, nice campus shots, but I'm afraid they'll bring back my old nightmare of showing up for an exam without having studied a damn thing.

John, really like the Pike's Place Market shots, and the colors of the cupcakes, wow!

Ray, gorgeous flowers with the 85mm.

kings_freak

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some buildings downtown, and Felix

Your Felix looks a lot like my Sourpatch, just a bit "healthier".

傍ony

kings_freak

Oosty wrote:
The more I use the 28-45 4.5 the more I like this lens. Some more examples from the West Coast

Those houses really pop against the shore line.

傍ony

kings_freak

mp356 wrote:
Some farm fresh images.

I really like the tree in this Scott. You have been rocking the snow shots lately!

傍ony

1       2       3              2452      
       2454              5891       5892       end