Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2450

1       2       3              2450      
       2452              4264       4265       end

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1028

jcslone wrote:
Hey everyone! Been gone from here for a long time (deployment to Afghanistan). Finally got home and settled down and shot a few of the kids with my 55/3.5 Micro on my D3000...

Gotta get my Upload/Sell membership renewed soon, pardon the links please...

Adonai
Joseph

Hey gang, Josh's links were down so he asked me to post them.

Great shots Josh! Welcome home and thanks for your service.

jcslone
Total Posts: 447

thanks Jeff!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5996

jcslone wrote:
Hey everyone! Been gone from here for a long time (deployment to Afghanistan). Finally got home and settled down and shot a few of the kids with my 55/3.5 Micro on my D3000...

Adonai
Joseph

Welcome back and thanks for your service!

You've got a lot of catching up to do on the thread.

- John

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

This is just a side view, looking into the delivery of one of the presses. I was trying to get the motion of the grippers, but at 18,000 sheets per hour, they aren't going to be much more than a blur anyway!

Tony

Printing Abstract by T&J Photography, on Flickr

kings_freak

jhinkey wrote:
jcslone wrote:

Adonai
Joseph

Welcome back and thanks for your service!

You've got a lot of catching up to do on the thread.

- John

+1! Thank you for your service!

Tony

kings_freak

Thanks all for the comments!

Leighton - I really liked your street sunset. I like the fact that you aren't centered on the street so you can see the storefronts.
Scott - Great color on the berries.
Jeff - I like the washed out look on the surfer.
Laura - All I saw on your sign was Free Naked Ladies! Cool shot with the snow.

Tony

MarkdV
Total Posts: 730

georgms wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some shots from downtown after I returned that book The last one, I immediately thought of several people here who would have missed the last line....

Very nice set, Laura! Sorry, can't read the last line - everything below "Perfection has its price" is just too small for my eyes

Very amusing shot Laura. Love the small pile of snow as well, I hope your car isn't under it. I like the dog's expression in the second of the dog shots too.

Georg - the lines underneath read
"Always Enjoy Responsibly
(c) 2007 Import Brands Alliance
Importers of bottled beer & [something] [something] liquors" (and then followed by an address I think)

Rafael - amazing setup on the D800 and a great shot with it, what detail that camera and lens gives! The shot works really well with the rain behind the house giving it quite an atmosphere.

Monty - amazing shots of the dogs playing. Rocky looks quite the psycho, glad it's just friendly.

Americo - lovely bokeh with the 85mm. i like how you captured the lights through the mask's eyes in the second photo especially.

Tony - I like your series from your workplace. Giving monty's Webex shots a serious bit of competition.

Ben / Chin - Love your respective PCE panoramas. Ben, I hope that you and your family are not affected by the horrible bushfires there.

josh - great family portraits, and glad you are safely back from your service. I like the expression / pose of your daughter with the open hand and painted nails. lovely rendering by the lens too.

Kind regards,
Mark.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 730

Sorry, missed one. Jeff - I like your B&W set, not so keen on the surfer, I think it would look better in colour as it's too washed out to work in B&W in my opinion (although I see that Tony disagrees with me, taste is subjective of course) but the pelican shot is really eye catching and well done plus the first one - the sunset(?) really makes me look twice.

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2384

jcslone wrote:

Adonai
Joseph

Welcome back Josh! Good to see you posting again. And nice pictures of your kids... BTW Adonai is a very special name for me.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9355

Zichar wrote:
It's a lovely photo Kevin, I'm hooked on symmetry

+1 me too!

leighton w

Scott - Love the berry shot. This is one noxious weed we have way too many of around here!

Josh - Welcome home, and welcome back to the thread, love the shots of your kids! I also love the fact that you did them using the D3000.

leighton w

Foggy14 wrote:
Santa was kind enough to drop a copy of silver efex pro2 down the chimney and I've been working on learning this Lightroom plug-in. Here are a few test images. Any comments or suggestions for improvement from the b&w conversion pros on the forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, beautiful B&W's, especially the Pelicans. I've used SEP a little, and the thing I like best about it is the structure slider. It sort of adds clarity without changing any tones. There's some great tutorials on-line that can help as well.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2419

Thanks everyone !!
Great shot Tony och Jeff
leighton : A really nice steetshot a few pages back .. very good!

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2622

Thanks Jeff and Georg.

Scott, beautiful red fruits; I liked the way the light relects on the fruits;

Jeff, nice B&W set, loved the Pelicans BIF.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2950

Again I am selling My 180 2.8 ais
I have already sold my D700 so I am looking again
Have narrowed it down to about 7 cameras 3 of which are nikons
If anyone is shopping $275 PP and shipped thats what I paid for it
It is in EX condition
I won't put it on the board until tonight
like to keep it on this board and comes with a Nikon NC filter
The filter will be extra tonight but people here can ignore that

Reagan

I have to catch up on about the last 10 pages

Picture This!
Total Posts: 1930

^ Someone is going to be very happy with that lens. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't have one already.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2950

Thanks, Manu Great work on the other thread

Reagan

raboof
Total Posts: 1486

WOW, great price for that lens in such condition Reagan.

I am officially joining the fisheye club. Here is my 16mm f3.5 AI'd. I just took about 1hr this morning to make it AI.
Mounted on my D700 just fine now. I will have some images from it soon.

jcslone
Total Posts: 447

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It sure is good to be back! Going out around my hometown today with the family so hopefully I'll get some good shots to share with you...any way I can embed my photos until i get my sell/upload membership?

raboof
Total Posts: 1486

jcslone wrote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It sure is good to be back! Going out around my hometown today with the family so hopefully I'll get some good shots to share with you...any way I can embed my photos until i get my sell/upload membership?

I do it from Dropbox. A lot of us seem to be doing that from Flickr.

1       2       3              2450      
       2452              4264       4265       end