Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2448

1       2       3              2448      
       2450              4365       4366       end

Zichar
Total Posts: 3576

Laura: Books? Pretty sure all ya need is a tablet now Saw my neighbour's kid go for classes with a simple sling bag that weighed lighter than all my MF lenses put together. Fished out an ipad and a few sheafs of paper

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2678

raboof wrote:
Great shot Leighton.

+100!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7836

Wow. beautiful!

leighton w wrote:
Laura, I saw the sunrise, but didn't get a shot. I did however shoot the sunset the other evening while in town. Nikki of course!

Still have to lug dead trees around, Chin. Harder to sell back used books if they are digital, although the bookstore does do some rentals too. Some of the books are "special printings" just for the school. It'll be nice to have the money back in my account for next semester's book fund.

Zichar wrote:
Laura: Books? Pretty sure all ya need is a tablet now Saw my neighbour's kid go for classes with a simple sling bag that weighed lighter than all my MF lenses put together. Fished out an ipad and a few sheafs of paper

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1115

Thanks for the comments Georg, James and Rafael. Good observations by Rafael about the unique and positive nature of this forum. Well said!

Ray, I really like the set from the quarry. "Ice and Wood" is a great photo.

Ronny, really nice composition of the man and his walker. Great placement of his shadow and the door. Gorgeous gull shots also.

Mark H, I like your tree and those in the background and would be interested to see a shot with your 105mm without the bokeh app.

Georg, "my day" is a classic and I really enjoyed how you captured the "star boys" reaching their limits of decorum.

Monty, great capture of Rocky going wild.

Tony, nice car set. I liked the contrast of "second chance" next to its more modern, but less colorful neighbors. I really like "lone chair" and "bristly."

Philippe, "Tournez manège" is a wonderful shot and I really like the skater and onlooker.

Leighton, great ones of Jefferson's mountain-side garden, and to be able to photograph from his meditation room, wow! The b&w of Mulberry Row is beautiful.

Laura, the "First First Friday" shots have a great warm feel to them in addition to being really well-taken photos.

Rafael, the film shots of the fires are scary and well done. Love the cloud shots also.

Scott, the snowy wood fence is beautiful.

Kevin, great shots of the hummingbird and flowers.

Tony D, I really like the composition and colors of "random house" and the Chihuly shots.

Eric, nice set, especially the falls.

Jose, great shots with the 50-135mm and the 16mm. I've always told myself that I don't like zooms or fisheyes, but it seems that I do. Love the Thrush.

Mark dV, I really like your Zürich shots with the 180mm. The "Coot" photo is excellent.

Nancy, great rainbow with the 105mm.

Chin, the tritone of the "data center" is a very cool shot.

Paul, great Noct shots, especially the "Cubes."

Ben, I really like the night shots.

Americo, great bokeh plays with the 85mm.

mp356
Total Posts: 4403

asiostygius wrote:
Rufous-bellied Thrush eating palm tree fruit with Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K ai'd wide open:

Rufous-bellied Thrush eating palm tree fruit with Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K ai'd wide open. by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K (ai'd) ED non IF, ~10m of distance.
ISO 800, wide open at 1/200s, hand held, but supported on a windowsill; ~15% crop.
Unfortunately, as this is an invasive palm tree, these native birds effectively play the role of dispersers of the seeds.
Indeed this is a subadult that have learned the lesson with its parents.

Jose, great colors, patterns, and detail.
Scott

mp356

leighton w wrote:
Laura, I saw the sunrise, but didn't get a shot. I did however shoot the sunset the other evening while in town. Nikki of course!

Very nice color tones and detail Leighton.
Scott

mp356

Thank you for the comment Jeff.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9582

Thank you Chuong, Rafael, Chin, Jose, Jeff, Scott And Laura! Much appreciated.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

rafaelcasd wrote:
Leghton, I have noticed that your lines have become perfectly vertical lately. what is the secret?

Well Nikki does a pretty good job on her own. There's been a few that I straightened in LR.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

rafaelcasd wrote:
Leghton, I have noticed that your lines have become perfectly vertical lately. what is the secret?

Zichar wrote:
Hahaha must be the tripod
I must say it's a brilliant sunset photo
Leighton, you must have set up in the middle of the street?

I was right behind a car parking in the street as close to the oncoming lane as possible. BTW, I loved your cityscape!

NightOwl Cat

Some shots from downtown after I returned that book The last one, I immediately thought of several people here who would have missed the last line....

RATS, forgot to change the lens data, all shot with the 85 f/1.4

raboof
Total Posts: 1532

I don't know if I will like fisheye but I am willing to give it a try. The 15mm rectilinear is a bit hard to work under the sun. A 16mm f3.5 (K) non-ai is coming my way. I cannot find a conversion kit for it so looks like I will have to make the mod myself. I don't like to mess with the original ring though. The lens is expensive and it would be nice to have the option to go back to the original ring. I'll have to make a choice...

raboof
Total Posts: 1532

Laura, wow a D3 with a 135mm f2.0 ? I guess I missed this during the break. Congrats.

georgms
Total Posts: 3486

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some shots from downtown after I returned that book The last one, I immediately thought of several people here who would have missed the last line....

Very nice set, Laura! Sorry, can't read the last line - everything below "Perfection has its price" is just too small for my eyes

georgms

Leighton, the "sunset-street" is fantastic!

georgms

Jose, another very nice "environmental bird portrait". Thanks for sharing the impressive images taken with the 50-135 too!

leighton w

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Laura, all good, but I love the composition and perspective of this one. The last one is funny too, and I like Georg, can't quite make it out!

leighton w

georgms wrote:
Leighton, the "sunset-street" is fantastic!

Thanks friend!

georgms

Rafael, love "A path to the clouds". The 400/3.5+3TC's-combo is impressive to say the least.

NightOwl Cat

Chuong, Yup, I picked up a well used D3 for fairly cheap, but I forgot to check what lens I had in the data, OOPS. all with the 85 f/1.4.

raboof wrote:
Laura, wow a D3 with a 135mm f2.0 ? I guess I missed this during the break. Congrats.

HA HA Georg, I have a southern USA guy in mind for the >handwritten< part of the sign.

georgms wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Very nice set, Laura! Sorry, can't read the last line - everything below "Perfection has its price" is just too small for my eyes

Thanks Leighton, I was on my way up the steps to the fourth level up the parking garage for that shot.

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Laura, all good, but I love the composition and perspective of this one. The last one is funny too, and I like Georg, can't quite make it out!

1       2       3              2448      
       2450              4365       4366       end