Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2441

1       2       3              2441      
       2443              4247       4248       end

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

leighton w wrote:
Ben, thanks again, I believe I like this version better.

yeah Leighton, me too - you were really lucky with that eagle (?).

ben

leighton w
Total Posts: 9306

bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Ben, thanks again, I believe I like this version better.

yeah Leighton, me too - you were really lucky with that eagle (?).

ben

I'm afraid that's only a vulture.

mp356
Total Posts: 4290

Great pics and conversation everyone!

Georg, I like your shoes. Great story.

Tony (CA), nice work with the 85 1.4.

Philippe, nice color and movement.

Leighton, that last image of the trees at Monticello is great.

Ronny, really like the blackbirds in the sun and the white seagull in the shadow. Great contrast.

Thanks to Georg and Ronny for commenting on my last post. Not much to shoot outdoors here other than snow. Here is an old fence along a country road. Thanks for looking. Taken with the 50 1.4 @ 2.0.
Scott

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

Went out to my field after we had a mini storm roll through. All shot with the 55mm 1.2. It even makes a decent little macro with the PK-13 attached.

Tony

Hitchin' Post by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Lone Chair by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Berries by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Brisly by T&J Photography, on Flickr

waysaz
Total Posts: 104

Haven't been around much lately, or even shooting. But at least I finally caught up on this thread! Continuing great work by all, and a very happy New Year.

Oosty wrote:
Can we have some more cats, please.

That I can help with.

mp356
Total Posts: 4290

kings_freak wrote:
Went out to my field after we had a mini storm roll through. All shot with the 55mm 1.2. It even makes a decent little macro with the PK-13 attached.

Tony

Tony, very nice set of images. Nice colors and detail. I can't believe you have taken the 85 1.4 off all ready!
Scott

waysaz
Total Posts: 104

Tony, love the berries.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2885

Took the 80-200mm f/4.5 out for a spin today. Wasn't really planning to take anything as it was overcast and wet, but this little guy came out to eat. 100% crops on each. ISO was way high, I didn't have a chance to change it...didn't know how long the bird would hover around.

DSC_5969 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_5968 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Last night my wife and I watched The Two Towers. I think Ents are still around, just more sneaky... (95% crop)

DSC_5951 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Found these in bloom...was rather shocked considering the cold. Little bit of green fringing, not sure how to dial that out.

DSC_5948 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

All in all, I am happy with the lens. I will need to play around with it more when I don't have the ISO cranked up to 1600...

vpik01
Total Posts: 587

Finally getting back to my backlog, including several more shots from Nikki's pre-Christmas visit to DC. I think I'm 'through' the holidays now...

Great Lens Adventure-DC-13 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr
Union Market is a new indoor only market that opened late in 2012 in NE DC. It reminds me a bit of the indoor part of the San Francisco Ferry Terminal Markets, or the Reading Market in Philly. Neat destination about 2.5miles from my place.

Great Lens Adventure-DC-14 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr
A view of the Capitol that I don't usually see, from the north on the Metropolitan Branch Trail... it follows the rail lines right into Union Station in DC.

Great Lens Adventure-DC-15 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr
Cool looking random house in NE DC, 3 shot vertical stitch.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1410

Great shots everyone. Went in search of sunset and did not find it, too many clouds.
But was able to get this with the 400mm 3.5 ais, D800. This thing is so sharp focused with live view it is insane. No wonder it does well with TCs

mikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 D800 sunset encinitas by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A Crop of the edge, 10 miles away.

mikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 D800 sunset encinitas crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

And a Rainbow up close and personal!

Nikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 D800 rainbow by Rafael CA, on Flickr

and a crop of this, it is raining over there.

Nikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 D800 rainbow crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

vpik01

Rafael - Amazing shot of the rainbow in particular!!!

rafaelcasd

This is a lens I used to use for theater, but with better high ISO than film it was substituted by the 50-300mm ED. It remains unsurpassed for people shots. Don't use much but would not sell it.
Nikkor 80-200mm ED AIS, at 2.8, note how the fire does not cause any flare or loss of contrast. This is the only lens I own that does not lose any performance at full aperture.

nikon nikkor 80-200mm ED ais D3 taken 50mm 1.2 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 80-200mm ED ais D3 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 80-200mm ED ais D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The obligatory crop

nikon nikkor 80-200mm ED ais D3 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

Thank you all for the comments!

Leighton - Great shots from Monticello. I really like the panorama and trees in b&w. I agree with Ben and you did an excellent job on the re-edit!

Philippe - Wild colors! Very cool capture.

Ronny - More great shots of Nitro and I especially liked the shot of the seagull on fence.

Laura - Nice job shooting in, what looks like, a tough venue. Seems like a fun night!

Ray - I really like the edit!

Rafael - Awesome film captures. I agree, those men and women are pretty amazing. Your cloudy sunset with the 400 is amazing!

Scott - Love your snowy fence.

Nancy - Cute shot of Zoe. We have a pony wall like that in our loft that the cats like to hang out on.

Kevin - Very nice captures on the hummingbird and the yellow blooms are beautiful.

Tony - Good to see you on here! That looks like a cool house. Were these shot with Nikki?

Tony

vpik01

Hey Tony (CA)! It is good to be back, yes all of those three shots are with Nikki. I've got 3 or 4 more set's to share from Nikki... I've been shooting fairly regularly even if I haven't made alot of time for post processing lately. The holidays coincided with some really busy time at work. It looks like I'll be having more time for photography in the coming weeks though!

rafaelcasd

This is really one unique place within the blogsphere, everyone here is enjoying manual focus Nikon lenses, but more importantly looking for beauty and positive perception of our visual work. Some are better at engaging an interchange of ideas.

This particular post is a thank you note to all the participants, if only the rest of the world would share the joy of living as you do this earth would be a much better place.

Jose, just amazing technical competence and aesthetics, plus access to such interesting subjects.

John shows nature at its best, his landscape photos are unique and interesting.

Leighton, the aesthete philosofical farmer, creates balance beauty in common subjects.

Chuong is a light and composition master.

Ray, the light chaser, another finder of beauty and balance in composition

Ronny, capturing eternal moments so well, even of your dogs.

Philippe , so beautifully capturing the human and historical essence of France.

Mark, of a singular vision.

Georg with his expressive Germanic-Nordic views.

Tony (CA), building beauty into his sorroundings.

Laura, so adept at showing people doing what they love.

Monty transcends the world around him.

Philip with the Canadian Light.

Ben down under, where nothing is the same.

Jeff, harnessing sun rays.

Reagan, Rinnie, Dylan, Kevin, Lizzie, Eric, Adam, Mihai, David, Tony(W) and last but not least Curtis who started this on the right foot.

Thank you all for sharing.

stedge
Total Posts: 848

been a while, hope your New Year is starting out well. I have a lot of reviewing and catching up to do, certainly.

Had a weekend in Asheville, and had a chance for a hike with the ladies. Here are a few.

deang001
Total Posts: 1537

leighton w wrote:
Here's a couple from Nikki's visit to Monticello.

Great work with Nikki, Leighton. Seem's like an eternity ago that she was in HK.

Best wishes for the New Year to everyone !!!

I really like this pic

vpik01

Eric - nice set from Asheville, that close up of the ice is particularly cool looking!

Rafael - great post about everyone's strengths, you really put some thought into that and it shows!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2619

leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1

You are in the shadow Man!!

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Love the light in this one Ronny.

+1

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2619

Thank you James, Georg and Rafael for the comments on my shots.

Rafael and James, thanks a lot for your impressions on 35/2 vs. 35/1.4;

Ronny, you are mastering the 135mm f/2 with great shots, and I like to see another birder over here ;

Ray (Ohio), loved the "Ice & Wood", great composition;

Rafael, what a great film set with the 300/4.5 EDIF, and I loved the landscapes with the mighty 400/3.5 too;

Kevin, congrats on your new lens, and what a great "debut" of images!

Leighton, great landscape and PP; for me the first version seems more natural, an indeed it looks like a not overdone HDR; but this is just me.

1       2       3              2441      
       2443              4247       4248       end