/forum/topic/929565/2440

1       2       3              2440      
       2442              4375       4376       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 9607

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thanks all for comments on my last shot.

Tournez manège with the 24 pce :

WOW Philippe, that lit up my monitor! Great shot.

+1

Great list Leighton

You are in the shadow Man!!

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Love the light in this one Ronny.

leighton w

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some First First Friday of 2013 fun at my usual spot

I really like this one Laura! Very well composed. Looks like a nice place to spend an evening.

leighton w

pbraymond wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
pbraymond wrote:
One last shot from today before I sign off. I'm on the fence about this image, almost deleted from LR but something still called out to me about it. Maybe it's the various shallow angle lines and geese silhouettes. ( Monty, I need you to explain the picture to me, and why I might like it, or why I should not. I even made it B&W )

Ray, I like the shot personally. It has nice lines and the silhouettes look cool. Maybe it's the washed out blacks on the right make that part of the shot look flat.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Reworked below per your (and Leighton's) suggestions, definitely better.

Much better Ray, well done.

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1
it's great how that one Donald Duck didn't blur - it's almost weird. Tripod huh Phillippe.....lol?

ben

bruni

Leighton - the Monticello pics have real feeling about them. The pano has had a lot of processing, no? lots of colour? I like it.

ben

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3038

bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1
it's great how that one Donald Duck didn't blur - it's almost weird. Tripod huh Phillippe.....lol?

ben

Nope, I was drinking a Pastis 51 in a bistro and I put the camera on the table

leighton w

bruni wrote:
Leighton - the Monticello pics have real feeling about them. The pano has had a lot of processing, no? lots of colour? I like it.

ben

Thanks Ben. I edit all of my shots a lot, maybe too much sometimes!

Here's an example of what I mean, just taken with Nikki an hour ago. I really liked how the light was falling on the distant field but knew I'd have trouble with exposing it. So I shot it with the hopes of rescuing it in LR. The first one is how I shot it, the second after processing. I know it's a little overdone, but I like it, this is how I had it envisioned at the time.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2549

Thanks.. Have been using Color Efex Pro to strengthen the light .. so no flash
was the middle of the day the picture was taken

Wow leighton !! last picture I like very much .. it's an eagle in the sky?

bruni

leighton w wrote:
bruni wrote:

ben

Here's an example of what I mean, just taken with Nikki an hour ago. I really liked how the light was falling on the distant field but knew I'd have trouble with exposing it. So I shot it with the hopes of rescuing it in LR. The first one is how I shot it, the second after processing. I know it's a little overdone, but I like it, this is how I had it envisioned at the time.

Thanks for posting that Leighton - it's very interesting to see how other people work.

I can see why you cropped out the pile of rocks in the foreground. It all works for me - except the darkening of the mountains in the distance. The lightness, low contrast, and slightly blue tinge is how we gauge distance. I assume you darkened them to bring out the light on the field, but for me it distorts the perspective. I'd have done the opposite. Darkened the foreground hill, bought up the colours on it - that would have emphasised the lighter field in the distance - and then the mountains further off.

ben

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1520

Not had any time for photos, but ran across these old film scans with the 300mm 4.5 EDIF. Nikon ED V scanner.
I have lived thorugh 4 fires in the neighborhood, this was the second back in 2003. No Damage to anyone on this one. My hat off to these guys/gals.

tierrs great red helo up close nikon nikkor 300mm 4.5 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

tierrs fire helo trucks tower nikon nikkor 300mm 4.5 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

This is how it looked with the 28mm 2.0

FIRE MISION TRAILS HDR 16 BIT by Rafael CA, on Flickr

tierrs blue helo drop 2 nikon nikkor 300mm 4.5 film scan by Rafael CA, on Flickr

tierrs red helo sharp drop nikon nikkor 300mm 4.5 film scan by Rafael CA, on Flickr

bruni

Lieutenant Z wrote:
bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1

ben

an outdoor bistro? in this weather? (or is it shot through glass).
With that lens on the table there'd have been little room left for your Pernod. (lol- that's so French - Pastis 51)

ben

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1520

This was fire number 3, about a year later, this one did some damage, late in the evening, only orange light available. 105mm 2.5, slide scan with Nikon Scanner. About 2004. Life is like this, the fire of being alive eventually takes you out.

tierrasanta fire 2 evening by Rafael CA, on Flickr

leighton w

bruni wrote:

ben

leighton w wrote:

bruni wrote:
Thanks for posting that Leighton - it's very interesting to see how other people work.

I can see why you cropped out the pile of rocks in the foreground. It all works for me - except the darkening of the mountains in the distance. The lightness, low contrast, and slightly blue tinge is how we gauge distance. I assume you darkened them to bring out the light on the field, but for me it distorts the perspective. I'd have done the opposite. Darkened the foreground hill, bought up the colours on it - that would have emphasised the lighter field in the distance - and then the mountains further off.

ben

Thanks for the C&C Ben, I'll give your suggestion a try. That's one of the things I like about LR, it's non-destructive.

leighton w

rafaelcasd wrote:
This was fire number 4, about a year later, this one did some damage, late in the evening, only orange light available. 105mm 2.5. About 2004. Life is like this, the fire of being alive eventually takes you out.

tierrasanta fire 2 evening by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now THAT'S a scary looking sight, great Capture.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3038

bruni wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1

ben

an outdoor bistro? in this weather? (or is it shot through glass).
With that lens on the table there'd have been little room left for your Pernod. (lol- that's so French - Pastis 51)

ben

the fifty one on left hand, shutter button on the right ; c'est la classe, mec!

leighton w

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Ronny, how do you like using CEP? Do you have it as a plug in to LR? I know Monty raves about SEP which I've tried, I just haven't bought it yet.

leighton w

Ben, thanks again, I believe I like this version better.

Ronny _Olsson

leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Ronny, how do you like using CEP? Do you have it as a plug in to LR? I know Monty raves about SEP which I've tried, I just haven't bought it yet.

Yes I use it as a plug in with lightroom ..
Like it very much ..
saves lot of time and if one dont have the knowledge to work in layers in photoshop etc.
Can really recommend it

leighton w

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Like it very much ..
saves lot of time and if one dont have the knowledge to work in layers in photoshop etc.
Can really recommend it

Thanks, I think I'll download the trial version and take it out for a spin. Oh, and BTW, that's just your every day vulture flying around.

Ronny _Olsson

leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Like it very much ..
Can really recommend it

Thanks, I think I'll download the trial version and take it out for a spin. Oh, and BTW, that's just your every day vulture flying around.

Ok .. Vultures we do not in Sweden..at least not as often as we have some visiting
only three times, according to Wikipedia

1       2       3              2440      
       2442              4375       4376       end