Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2436

1       2       3              2436      
       2438              4321       4322       end

James Markus
Total Posts: 4447

asiostygius wrote:

Congrats James for the new lens at a very good price. Beautiful first image.

By the way, have you or anyone over here any idea of how the 35/2 AI or AIS compare with 35/1.4 AI/AIS specifically at f2?

Jose
Bjørn Rørslett claims it's "a little softer at f/2 than the 35/1.4. I liked these images of yours from the last 80 pages. I only took three weeks off from this thread...you wouldn't believe how many images I liked of everyones. Almost caught up on my client imaging....

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6047

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Love these shots John, but this one's my favorite

jhinkey wrote:
A couple more from the last Sunday of 2012.
Boy do these lose sharpness when they are uploaded to FM!

John

Thanks Laura!

I wish I could get out more often these days.

John

LizzieShepherd
Total Posts: 718

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Lizzie, wow, that's some really beautiful light there! Not to mention all the dust you'd have to deal with in changing lenses outside, too, I bet.

Thanks, Laura - actually I'm pleasantly surprised what I seem to be able to get away with on the dust front with the d800E - wish I could say the same for the 600 ;-(
Lizzie

James Markus

Thanks for the comments Laura, Tony, Peter & Leighton.

Laura, I own two of these very old Tantalus (don;t know what the plural of Tantalus is?). Did complete restorations on both - included making
a key for one of them. My wife spent 1.5-2 years buying crystal decanters trying to complete the one set we already owned. Each stopper is hand
ground for it's specific bottle. A wrong match up had caused one decanter to shatter. Poor packing by many ebay sellers left us many boxes of crystal shards, but eventually we found a perfect match...and ended up with a complete second set for a different sized Tantalus.

Peter - enjoyed this one of yours....

***And

Leighton...liked these of yours too...sorry about the tardy comments...

leighton w
Total Posts: 9494

Thanks Jim! Since I put my ugly mug up here, I think it's time for all the rest of you to let us see you!

raboof
Total Posts: 1515

Not much to shoot out there. Some inside shots to test out the 28-50mm f3.5 AIS. Quick JPEG shots from my D2X.

leighton w

WOW! Love the first one Chuong, what great clarity and color, not to mention the light!

Welcome to the 28-50mm club, how do you like your's?

Oosty
Total Posts: 4043

James - thank you

Chuong - I love the mini Chuong complete with Ipad!!

raboof
Total Posts: 1515

Thanks Leighton. I love it! It's smaller than the 35-70mm so that's a plus. I thought mine was defected because it only takes about 1/4 of the circumference to go to infinity.

Oh the lighting...guess who started it.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1099

Thanks for the kind comments Leighton, Tony, David, Mark, Jose, Scott, Ben, Lizzie and Laura! Scott, regarding icicles, it got down in the 30's Thursday night so I'll be on the lookout.

Leighton, love the tunnel shots from Monticello.

Mark, very nice detail and color on your 55mm shots.

Philip, the courthouse photo has a great foreboding look to it. I like it!

Laura, great shots from New Year's Eve and school. No doubt, you'll be one of the coolest coeds on campus.

Rafael, I really like the first version of the wall photo. If you need an excuse to buy another MF lens, the wall would be a great candidate for a PC lens.

Scott, I really like the simple beauty of the cobblestone farmhouse photo.

Tony, nice fence!

Monty, great shot of Deb. Don't know if you're into competitions, but if you post that one on the weekly assignment thread ("occupational portraits") it's got my vote.

James, beautiful image with your new 35mm.

John, nice locomotive shots.

Peter, I like what you're doing with your photos of old film images.

Ben, love the "heatwave" shot!

Philippe, beautiful PC shots. I told myself I was done buying MF lenses. I might be wrong.

Chin, gorgeous shots! Great color depth and lighting.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1486

asiostygius wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Wow...Bravo to all of you! I couldn't even take time to read this thread...only skimmed the photos - OVER THE LAST THREE DAYS. There are a ton of great images over the last 80 some pages. Here is an image I took Christmas eve with my new to me - $82 dollar - minty, Nikkor 35mm f2.0 AI

Happy New Year!

Congrats James for the new lens at a very good price. Beautiful first image.

By the way, have you or anyone over here any idea of how the 35/2 AI or AIS compare with 35/1.4 AI/AIS specifically at f2?

I have both in AIS guise, at f/2.0 to my eyes: the 35 1.4 has flatter field and is sharper at longer distances, the 35 2 is better at short distances, and shows less aberration on bright lights. Both are good lenses at 2.0. from 2.8 on the 1.4 is better, more even performance across the frame. If price is a consideration I would get the 2.0. If 1.4 is wanted, the 1.4 is a competent performer at full aprrture as long as no lights are in the frame. Here is a comparison for landscape, similar photo at f2 on both lenses.
These are full size on flickr

35mm f2 at f2 D800

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 2.0 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm f1.4 at f2 D800

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 2.0 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm f2 at f 2, didn't have a comparable for the 1.4.

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 2.0 D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Foggy14 wrote:

Monty, great shot of Deb. Don't know if you're into competitions, but if you post that one on the weekly assignment thread ("occupational portraits") it's got my vote.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I just entered

Monty

James Markus

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Jim! Since I put my ugly mug up here, I think it's time for all the rest of you to let us see you!

Leighton,
I put my ugly mug up a long time ago, and I don't know on what page of this thread it is located.

However, I have some fun shooting myself - it just seems to occur with AF lenses. Here I am watching TV
HERE - Yep, that's my hand and foot. I also sneak into the fridge more often than i should HERE I occasionally read a good book HERE I called this one "Digital Renewal" even though I trimmed my beard and mustache on one side the old fashion way HERE This one is my favorite because it uses smoke and mirrors to conceal my ugly mug HERE I have more, but I think you must be traumatized enough.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

One from this morning - it feels great to be shooting outside again.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

pbraymond wrote:

That is Cool in more ways than one

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

James Markus wrote:
Leighton,
I put my ugly mug up a long time ago, and I don't know on what page of this thread it is located.

However, I have some fun shooting myself - it just seems to occur with AF lenses. Here I am watching TV
HERE - Yep, that's my hand and foot. I also sneak into the fridge more often than i should HERE I occasionally read a good book HERE I called this one "Digital Renewal" even though I trimmed my beard and mustache on one side the old fashion way HERE This one is my favorite because it uses smoke and mirrors to conceal my ugly mug HERE I have more, but I think you must be traumatized enough.

Oh yea, now I remember your ugly mug! Just kidding.

leighton w

montym wrote:
pbraymond wrote:

+1

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

leighton w wrote:
montym wrote:
pbraymond wrote:

+1

+1
here we go - we're all +1ing it - but it is a great find.

ben

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2490

Incredibly Nice pictures last pages .. Good job by all

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

DSC_98461 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w

All nice Ronny, but the first one is special with the old man and his shadow.

1       2       3              2436      
       2438              4321       4322       end