Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2435

1       2       3              2435      
2436
       2437              5892       5893       end

MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Curtis that's a great set but this one works for me






Georg I really like this one






Reagan outstanding!






Ronny what a cool shot!








kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

jhinkey wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
georgms wrote:
Thanks for the kind comments on the fisheye- and fast 55-shots!
Inspired by John I've tried my old 135/3.5 Ai this late afternoon:

IIIIIoII von georgsfoto auf Flickr
135/3.5 Ai at f/5.6, D3s


This looks awesome Georg! I can't see any flare either, which is impressive. Is this lens coated?

傍ony

Oh it has flare (you can see it under the sun), it just doesn't have any ghosting. Yes the 135/3.5 AI is coated - multi-coated for all AI versions I believe.

Thanks John, I meant ghosting and thanks for the info!

傍ony



kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
I took a trip to Honeymoon Island today to do some shooting with my 300mm 4.5 EDIF with the TC-14a. Before the rains came I was treated to my favorite honeymoon couple the Great Horned Owls. They have two new babies again this year. I was lucky enough a few years ago to get photos of them mating and seems as though they are still busy in that regard. There were many photogs there including a few of those Canon people


Sleepy owl, is sleepy.

Great shots Ray! They sure are pretty birds.

傍ony



kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

saph wrote:
And lastly what does one do after the airline cancels the flight after changing its time 5 times; and one ends up in a hotel near the airport and can't sleep??

Well look out the room balcony and take a photo of whatever's out there!


Ugh, that would be so frustrating! Hope you get to where your going soon!

傍ony



kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
Out with the 50 1.8 this morning trying to decide if I really need to get a 1.2 again
I think they are about the same after F4 but the 1.2 has 1.2


Reagan







I really like this one Reagan. Can't wait to see some blooms in my area.

傍ony


kings_freak
Registered: Jun 02, 2011
Total Posts: 952
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
And a few more...
This couple was backlit by the bright sun. This was what I hope to achieve. And this is what Sue hoped to achieve...


This was taken on the way back to the car.

Great capture by Sue!

傍ony



a.RodriguezPix
Registered: Oct 31, 2011
Total Posts: 2236
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
Foto Dude wrote:
is there a better way to organize this threat? this threat has over 2.5k of posts.



"I thought we were organized "

Reagan

Tru dat! ! Yup, I just stroll and scroll.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Foto Dude wrote:
is there a better way to organize this threat? this threat has over 2.5k of posts.


We were thinking about creating a Wiki but FM offers too many niceties that would be lost if we launched our own venture. On FM you can not only talk about these lenses you can buy and sell them... You also can wander over the Macro World forum and post shots with extension tubes and run into the same crowd. I'm afraid we'll just keep adding pages until Fred tells us he's had enough... Then we'll start all over again as the Mustang Air to Air chaps have done elsewhere on FM. They're the all time posting champs, but then they've been at it much longer than we have...



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1152
Country: Poland

Georg, Great shot from the 135mmm.
Ray, outstanding of the owls and eagles.
Americo, your #5 shot makes me think of something out of a ghost story.
Samy, interesting pics from the air museum. Great to learn something while enjoying your work with the old classic 35mm. I hope you finally got a flight to your destination.
Ronny, I echo what has already been said about your lovely shot with the standing out pink jacket by the sea side.



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1152
Country: Poland

Maybe he's from the Mustang air-to-air thread and they see us as a threat to their #1 status.


saph wrote:
Wait, did the foto dude from VA really say "threat" I am sure he meant thread!

Reagan wrote:
Foto Dude wrote:
is there a better way to organize this threat? this threat has over 2.5k of posts.



I thought we were organized

Reagan




Foto Dude
Registered: Jan 13, 2013
Total Posts: 51
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Foto Dude wrote:
is there a better way to organize this threat? this threat has over 2.5k of posts.

This thread is almost a living, breathing entity and it evolves day by day as the participants learn and explore the world of Nikon Manual Focus lenses. It can't be done any other way here, although I wish it had its own search engine. Jump on the wagon, grab one of these lenses with a Nikon camera and help us Foto Dude!



I have a nikkor 50mm 1.2 on an nex-5n, and would like to do two things.

1 - see what others have done with their manual lens
2 - contribute myself

but wow
1 - reading through 2.5k+ of posts is just not possible.
2 - adding another post with my image to make this thread even longer seem to make the problem worse.

I was thinking if you guys could
1 - allow super long threads to have sub-category
2 - since this thread has many mini discussion, maybe there's a way to define a start and end of a discussion. that way if a discussion is not interesting, your reader can jump right to the next discussion.
3 - give your reader the ability to search within a specific thread
4 - or something to make it easier to organize and read long thread such as this one.

just my $.02, or we could just scroll to infinity



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1650
Country: Australia

does everyone celebrate Valentine's Day ? me - I rode the freelines and payed with the 24mm PCE.

ben


no chocolates, no flowers, no cards by benmorgan28, on Flickr


freelines on Valentines by benmorgan28, on Flickr



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

2 with the 50 1.8 and the TC14a
for a 70mm 2.5
I have a 50 1.4 SC on the way

Reagan



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1152
Country: Poland

I promised the other day (Promised / threatened / warned) that I would post some using my up-to-recently neglected 105mm that has been overshadowed while I play with the 180.

However using the 180 on my son out with the sled wasn't working well so I went with the wider angle lens to give me a little more wriggle room and remembered why I loved this lens when I first got it. Especially the last pic where it gives a magnificent fall-off in the background of the kids walking home after a day on the hill.

Hope you enjoy.

Best regards,
Mark.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States


Foto Dude wrote:
I have a nikkor 50mm 1.2 on an nex-5n, and would like to do two things.

1 - see what others have done with their manual lens
2 - contribute myself

but wow
1 - reading through 2.5k+ of posts is just not possible.
2 - adding another post with my image to make this thread even longer seem to make the problem worse.

I was thinking if you guys could
1 - allow super long threads to have sub-category
2 - since this thread has many mini discussion, maybe there's a way to define a start and end of a discussion. that way if a discussion is not interesting, your reader can jump right to the next discussion.
3 - give your reader the ability to search within a specific thread
4 - or something to make it easier to organize and read long thread such as this one.

just my $.02, or we could just scroll to infinity


In answer to your first question: Sense this thread is dedicated to shooting Nikon MF lenses ONLY on Nikon cameras then you may have a better response to how others use them on the Alternative Gear and Lens forum. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/55

We'd love to have you contribute if you use your D700 I see in your profile. As far as making any changes to this thread, well that's out of our hands since it's a privately owned site. Fred would have to make it happen. We've longed for an easy search ability in each thread, but it hasn't happened yet. You never know, one of these days it may. In the mean time....



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
I took a trip to Honeymoon Island today to do some shooting with my 300mm 4.5 EDIF with the TC-14a. Before the rains came I was treated to my favorite honeymoon couple the Great Horned Owls. They have two new babies again this year. I was lucky enough a few years ago to get photos of them mating and seems as though they are still busy in that regard. There were many photogs there including a few of those Canon people





All nice Ray, but I like this one the best. Just keep that thing away from my chickens!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

bruni wrote:
does everyone celebrate Valentine's Day ? me - I rode the freelines and payed with the 24mm PCE.

ben


no chocolates, no flowers, no cards by benmorgan28, on Flickr


freelines on Valentines by benmorgan28, on Flickr


I'm going to assume since we never see a photo of you riding these things, that you must just fall off all the time and then take a snap!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
2 with the 50 1.8 and the TC14a
for a 70mm 2.5
I have a 50 1.4 SC on the way

Reagan







Beautiful shot Reagan. I guess you don't have any money left buying all this gear to put gas in your poor old Chevelle. The poor thing, maybe it needs to visit uncle Leighton for a while.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

MarkdV wrote:
I promised the other day (Promised / threatened / warned) that I would post some using my up-to-recently neglected 105mm that has been overshadowed while I play with the 180.

However using the 180 on my son out with the sled wasn't working well so I went with the wider angle lens to give me a little more wriggle room and remembered why I loved this lens when I first got it. Especially the last pic where it gives a magnificent fall-off in the background of the kids walking home after a day on the hill.

Hope you enjoy.

Best regards,
Mark.


Very nice set Mark, I love the first and third ones. You're making me want to break out my 180.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9319
Country: United States

Actually, there was some sort of site wide server software crash that brought down that thread, causing them to have to restart it. This thread is rapidly catching up to the sequel thread, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this one surpass it this year (no matter how much you guys poo-poo the possibility).

Now what would be really special is if we could find a way to meet up every so often as those guys do for airshows and such.

CGrindahl wrote:
Foto Dude wrote:
is there a better way to organize this threat? this threat has over 2.5k of posts.


We were thinking about creating a Wiki but FM offers too many niceties that would be lost if we launched our own venture. On FM you can not only talk about these lenses you can buy and sell them... You also can wander over the Macro World forum and post shots with extension tubes and run into the same crowd. I'm afraid we'll just keep adding pages until Fred tells us he's had enough... Then we'll start all over again as the Mustang Air to Air chaps have done elsewhere on FM. They're the all time posting champs, but then they've been at it much longer than we have...



1       2       3              2435      
2436
       2437              5892       5893       end