Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2430

1       2       3              2430      
       2432              3821       3822       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5229

A couple more from the last Sunday of 2012.
Boy do these lose sharpness when they are uploaded to FM!

John

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2216

my Nikon D700 plus my recently returned awesome Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AIS manual focus only super lens! xD

8340502359_a45560cde5_o-6 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2216

_DSC5372 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

kings_freak
Total Posts: 929

My son is home from his semester abroad in Hong Kong and is staying with us for a couple of days. I was able to go out to the field for a few shots before heading out to work today. The lighting was terrible, but it was the only time we had to do it. Shot with the 55mm 1.2 and my returned 105mm 1.8.

Tony

kings_freak
Total Posts: 929

So many great pictures in the last few days! Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year!

Tony

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Jose
When you are stacking a TC and tubes, which order do you mount them onto the camera, is it the TC mounted to the camera then the tubes or visa-versa, or do you put the TC part way through your tubes stack?

I ask as I did some macro shooting last night but want to get even closer but already had no working distance (using the 55mm micro lens from Tony).

Thanks,
Mark.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8617

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Curtis, it's good to see you come out of retirement!

leighton w

Monty - What great bokeh, the main reason I keep that lens.

Jose - Great image of the Hawk. I believe this is the first Hawk I've ever seen without leg feathers.

Ray - Thanks for the comment on my B&W.

John - Your recent pictures look plenty sharp to me! And beautiful at that.

Dylan - I'm with the others, the eye contact all the way!

Kevin - Don't worry about it too much, it happens to the best of us! You can also look at it as an investment, the value of these lenses are only going to go up.

Tony - Nice session with your son.

leighton w

Besides visiting TJ's home, we also went to Ashlawn, home of our 5th president James Monroe. It was in stark contrast to Monticello. By that I mean it looked like just about all the other old farm houses in this area. Nothing grand about it like Jefferson's.

mp356
Total Posts: 3968

leighton w wrote:
Besides visiting TJ's home, we also went to Ashlawn, home of our 5th president James Monroe. It was in stark contrast to Monticello. By that I mean it looked like just about all the other old farm houses in this area. Nothing grand about it like Jefferson's.

Nice pics of Monroe's home. I like how these old homes grew over the years with multiple additions to the rear. Then seem to go on and on sometimes. The original house has very nice architectural detailing. Nikki is doing a great job.
Scott

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

mp356 wrote:
Nice pics of Monroe's home. I like how these old homes grew over the years with multiple additions to the rear. Then seem to go on and on sometimes. The original house has very nice architectural detailing. Nikki is doing a great job.
Scott

You're right Scott, these old farm houses grow as families grow. Unfortunately, you're seeing less and less of that these days as the children don't want to stay in farming, so there's no need to stay on the farm.

leighton w

More from Nikki. This time, with the TC-201 attached, and cropped 75%. I would have tried my PK-13 tube, but my nephew still has it.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7197

Thanks David, this will be the third time going back to college, did it back in 1980 when I was expecting my second son, as a way to fill the time when we were living in New Mexico. Went to a local for profit college for networking, graduated, had a job till I got laid off 2.5 years ago. Those courses and the associates degree are totally useless though, since the credits don't transfer anywhere, so now it's time to go back and learn something new.

David Antilley wrote:
Trey cool, I went back to college at 40 and it was worth it to me. I know I took it more serious and learned more than when I went as a 20-somethiing.

David

Love this shot Monty, Higgs really looks a lot like my Jerri

montym wrote:
Higgs and the Christmas tree

Love this hawk, Jose. Do you use a Better Beamer as well?

asiostygius wrote:
The Savanna Hawk (Heterospizias meridionalis) from my last field trip.

Savanna Hawk with Nikkor 800mm f/5.6 AIS EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + 800mm f/5.6 AIS EDIF + tripod, ISO 100 f/8 at 1/320s. ~ 30% cropped.
The hawk was 40+ metres away.

Career changes and life changes are in order. Hopefully I do well enough academically to be bumped up the two year waiting list for the program. Getting some of the gen ed stuff done, and maybe a photography class or two in the meantime

CGrindahl wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some crazy person went to college this morning and signed up for four heavy duty classes.. Chemistry, Algebra, English, and Psychology... school starts Monday.

You've heard about "old dogs" learning new tricks... it is true...

Congratulations Laura. It is never too late to explore our passions, whether for photography or learning. Well done!

Ronny, lovely horse shot!

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nice one John. Not sure if I-90 is the road to use during the winter though but I bet a fall trip from one end to the other would be a joy.

jhinkey wrote:
I think I forgot to upload this one. Two shot pano with the 100/2.8 Series E.

Mount Rainier in the background and the Snoqualmie valley down below. I-90 is down there in the trees somewhere. You can get on I-90 in downtown Seattle and go all the way to Boston without getting off it.

Nice instrument, what sort of guitar is it? Is it clear lucite or no material at all?

raboof wrote:
I will catch up with 30 pages or so
Been looking for one of these for years but Santa found it first. Here with a 50mm f1.2

The only problem is when you open your wallet and moths fly out

jhinkey wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
It's official... I am addicted to MF lenses. I sold my last two AF lenses and picked up a Series E 28 2.8 and the ever popular 80-200mm with the square back. They have to come cross country, but I am super excited.

Somehow it is all your fault, I know it is...

Welcome to the family - you've made the first step of a long journey - admitting to yourself that you have a condition (notice I did not say "problem" because my MFNAS has never been a problem . . .)

John

You made the best of it Tony, glad you made the time to get those shots

kings_freak wrote:
My son is home from his semester abroad in Hong Kong and is staying with us for a couple of days. I was able to go out to the field for a few shots before heading out to work today. The lighting was terrible, but it was the only time we had to do it. Shot with the 55mm 1.2 and my returned 105mm 1.8.

Tony

Zichar
Total Posts: 3322

Laura: Great that you're going back for classes, nice! Oh I had to google that up too, seems that it's a collapsible travel guitar

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

Laura, Chin got it right. It's a travel guitar. Enjoy your classes!

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

leighton w wrote:
More from Nikki. This time, with the TC-201 attached, and cropped 75%. I would have tried my PK-13 tube, but my nephew still has it.

wow Leighton - this is very interesting - I wouldn't have thought nikki was capable of this.

ben

MarkdV

A couple with the 55mm f2.8 micro. The first is a 1cm long piece of shiny rock (and a lot of white backdrop) just using the 55mm on its own and the second is with 49mm of tubes onto a pice of Amber. Some of the details in this are sharp, the lens is just incredible. Thanks to my friend who let me play with some of his shops jewelry is return for some cataloguing.

MarkdV

John, as usual great stuff from the mountains. love the shot looking down on the clouds.

Tony - nice pics of your son, hope you had a great time while he visited.

Monty - really good one of Higgs and the bokeh.

Ronny - love your horse shots.

Leighton - Nikki seems to be enjoying the sightseeing of historical USA.

Laura - good luck with the classes. Great to keep learning.

Chuong - how does that guitar sound without the acoustic box of the body? Or is it electric (in which case where are the pickups?)

MarkdV

Some shots from a forest walk yesterday early morning using both the 35-70mm and the series E 28mm. I was hoping for some spectacular dawn shots but the weather had an other idea.

MarkdV

And some from the same walk with the 180mm beastie. Hard to say but I think my current favorite. Although the 55mm was fun with the macro shots yesterday...

1       2       3              2430      
       2432              3821       3822       end