Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2428

1       2       3              2428      
       2430              4369       4370       end

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

leighton w wrote:
Some more from Nikki. My wife and I are taking her sightseeing today! Pics to follow.

wonderful Leighton - all so good - and yet very different. (On my monitor the red headband is doing strange things on the third one - especially against the muted winter colours - but I'm nitpicking what is a beautiful shot)

ben

leighton w
Total Posts: 9584

Thanks Ronny, I like the horse shot with your daughter.

Thanks Ben!

leighton w

Here's a couple from Nikki's visit to Monticello.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6118

Nice Leighton!

Nice to see an image of the two of you!

- John

georgms
Total Posts: 3487

Leighton, very nice set from Monticello (had "to wiki" it, I'm a bit more cultured now ;-).
I like especially the more study-typed pictures: the first one (the thin twigs against the massive building) and the reflection.
Great idea to shoot your double-selfie from a low point of view to include the hill.

bruni

georgms wrote:
Leighton, very nice set from Monticello (had "to wiki" it, I'm a bit more cultured now ;-).
I like especially the more study-typed pictures: the first one (the thin twigs against the massive building) and the reflection.
Great idea to shoot your double-selfie from a low point of view to include the hill.

+1

no, I knew what Monticello was - and I'm impressed Nikki's been there. I'm more impressed at how you managed to run in front of the camera and look so composed for the shot (don't tell me you got someone else to take the pic or used a wireless remote - let me go on imagining you pressing the shutter and running into position).

ben

georgms
Total Posts: 3487

Ronny, the movement of the person in the foreground enhances the unswerving expression of the horse - very nice!

Dylan, -20C - brrr! I enjoy a bit of frost/freeze, but that's a bit to low for my taste;-)
Very nice images from the frozen river - my fav is the second one.

Rinie, nice to hear/read from you! A happy and healthy new year to my Dutch/Netherlandish neighbors!

Jose, thanks for sharing the comparison! I will try focus-stacking for some still-life sometimes (for outdoor-shots it won't work on most days here - to much wind=subject movement).

Eric, Scott, Ronny and Ben - thanks for your kind comments!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

leighton w wrote:

I love these shots. It's been years since I visited Virginia and I appreciate the photos. This one is especially nice!

leighton w

Thanks John, Georg, Ben and Ray! Nikki performs admirably!

And Ben, you were right, I set the camera on a bench with the timer set to 10 seconds and ran into position.

leighton w

This is the main entrance where guest would come. There's a huge foyer with all kinds of artifacts that were brought back from the Lewis and Clark expedition hanging on the walls.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7841

Some crazy person went to college this morning and signed up for four heavy duty classes.. Chemistry, Algebra, English, and Psychology... school starts Monday.

leighton w

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some crazy person went to college this morning and signed up for four heavy duty classes.. Chemistry, Algebra, English, and Psychology... school starts Monday.

Congrats Laura, you make me have a headache just thinking about all of that!

montym
Total Posts: 4711

NightOwl Cat wrote:

VERY COOL!!!!
Great mixture of classes! I am parcial to the sciences! Glad to see you are pursuing them

bruni

leighton w wrote:
Thanks John, Georg, Ben and Ray! Nikki performs admirably!

And Ben, you were right, I set the camera on a bench with the timer set to 10 seconds and ran into position.

Really?? I was kidding. That is fantastic!!

I've always wanted to go to Monticello - but I suspect it's one of those place I'll never get to - but I'm so pleased to see your pics and know that at least nikki's been there.

ben

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7841

Beautiful shot Leighton. I am glad you got yourself into the picture with her. One thing I'm really glad I insisted that he did after we found out about the cancer, was to go get some photos done of the two of us. There weren't any of the two of us together, and I have some of those printed and hanging on the wall now.

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

I love these shots. It's been years since I visited Virginia and I appreciate the photos. This one is especially nice!

Thanks Leighton and Monty, it was time for me to stop sitting at home and to get going on this. I've been saying it since summer, and this morning after I'd gone to have some blood work drawn, I came home, sat down, and finally said get up off your butt and get going. Went in, registered, took the reading, English, and math placement tests, and don't need any remedial classes, placed into Intermediate Algebra, not bad for as many years out of school that I am The program has about a two year waiting list, but if I do well enough on the classes, I can be bumped up the waiting list.

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

VERY COOL!!!!
Great mixture of classes! I am partial to the sciences! Glad to see you are pursuing them

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

Trey cool, I went back to college at 40 and it was worth it to me. I know I took it more serious and learned more than when I went as a 20-somethiing.

David

montym

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Beautiful shot Leighton. I am glad you got yourself into the picture with her. One thing I'm really glad I insisted that he did after we found out about the cancer, was to go get some photos done of the two of us. There weren't any of the two of us together, and I have some of those printed and hanging on the wall now.

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Thanks and Monty, it was time for me to stop sitting at home and to get going on this. I've been saying it since summer, and this morning after I'd gone to have some blood work drawn, I came home, sat down, and finally said get up off your butt and get going. Went in, registered, took the reading, English, and math placement tests, and don't need any remedial classes, placed into Intermediate Algebra, not bad for as many years out of school that I am The program has about a two year waiting list, but if I do well enough on the classes, I can be bumped up the waiting list.

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

VERY COOL!!!!
Great mixture of classes! I am partial to the sciences! Glad to see you are pursuing them

Oh ya. what a GREAT picture!
You're looking good Leighton!

montym

Higgs and the Christmas tree

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2678

Thank you Leighton, Ronny and Georg.

Monty liked the particle and the bokeh;

Ronny, great horse head isolation;

Leighton, you are confirming once more what a great and sharp lens the "old lady" is.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2678

montym wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

VERY COOL!!!!

Oh ya. what a GREAT picture!
You're looking good Leighton!

Agreed!
And just to confirm white-bearded guys are the rule over here !

1       2       3              2428      
       2430              4369       4370       end