2428              4190       4191       end

montym
Total Posts: 4711

That's better

georgms
Total Posts: 3353

Monty, nice one

Ian, beautiful composite.

Ronny, very nice horse-portrait. Did I see christmas-decorations in the stable? ;-)

Rolf, I like the swan in B&W a lot.

Matt, I hope your health improves.

John, I like your landscapes a lot - #1 is my fav.

Scott, very nice set. The longtime-exposure is my fav.

Jose, awesome bug-shots!

Leighton, stellar B&W-shots! The "fence-shadow" is great and the "crows" even more so.

Philippe, very cool backlit scene! Did you let her walk into the plane of focus?

Ben, love this set! My fav is "Surry Hills" for it's multi-layers look.

georgms

Thanks for the kind comments on the fireworks-shot!

Today I went out for another fireworks, this time done by professionals:

D3s, 28/3.5PC at f/11, 10 seconds at ISO200

vanity, pure vanity ;-) a quick grab with a 50/2Ai on a D700, ISO 12800, 1/20sec

montym

georgms wrote:

D3s, 28/3.5PC at f/11, 10 seconds at ISO200

vanity, pure vanity ;-) a quick grab with a 50/2Ai on a D700, ISO 12800, 1/20sec

WOW
The fireworks shot is beautiful.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5032

Georg That shot is absolutely amazing!!!

huddy
Total Posts: 1825

Slabshaft wrote:
A few more from the D600 + 24mm f/2.8 AI combo. Pretty much all shot at f/11 using the tripod. Took these a mile or two north of Sonoita AZ. There was 4" of snow over the whole area about 8 hours before this.

John, these are worth a repost. Great job capturing some beautiful light!

To the rest, lots of nice shots and a happy new year! It's back to statistics books for me. Here's are our belated Christmas pictures from two days ago. I've been taking too many pictures with Fuji's, Leica's, and Mamiya's lately , but I suppose that is better than the no pictures at all funk I was stuck in when Nikki arrived to my home:

Not an MF lens, but I thought I'd share it anyway. This was before we were all sick.

About a week later and feeling better, D700+50/1.2

A fun Christmas morning full of leggings, diapers, and hot wheels! D700+28/2+some OCF for good measure

Our little man's first camera. The "lens" is MF, although not a Nikkor. He spent the first two days just putting it in his mouth but I was so proud today when he pulled it up to his eye with a hand on the "shutter" and pointed it at his momma and grinned

A very merry Christmas for photographers of all sizes

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

montym wrote:
georgms wrote:

WOW
The fireworks shot is beautiful.

+1, superb Georg!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2591

Thanks, Leighton, Jeff, Mark, Ronny, and Georg.

Scott, I have no direct comparison of bokeh yet, but I wuld say the 105/2.5 possibly has better bokeh. Who knows someday I will perform such test.

Rolf, nice B& W swan portrait;

Georg, what a B & W fireworks!

John, those agave + scenario with the 24/2.8 AI are terrific!!

Monty, liked your self portrait + DOF playing.

montym

Looks like not everyone enjoys the Apple Store as much as I do

asiostygius

One last 168mm micro, a small moth of 1 inch (2.5cm) or less:

Small moth with "Micro-Nikkor 168mm f/4.5" by labecoaves, on Flickr

krD7000 + TC16A teleconverter + Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AI-S [= 168mm f/4.5], hand held, D7000 flash with diffuser, ISO 500, f/11 at 1/60s. ~20% cropped.
On a DX camera this combo delivers a 252mm equivalent lens, with good working distance to avoid frightening these small creatures.

Adam Bavier
Total Posts: 180

Taken, with a Nikon 50mm F/2 AI lens and my D300S at ISO 5600. My only manual focus Nikon specific lens, but would really love to add the newest version of the 500mm mirror lens. Felt that I wasn't giving the 50mm enough love this last year.

Out for a walk tonight through the neighborhood, and liked this house with its classic look of a green wreath on the front and the lit tree in the front window.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9200

Monty - I like the shots at the optometrist.

Georg - Now that fireworks shot is just plain awesome! I particularly like the fact that it's B&W.

Jose - Another very nice macro, looks like that lens may be stuck on for a while, or at least until the right bird comes along.

Alan - Glad you survived the crud! Looks like your son may have a future in photography!

leighton w

Adam Bavier wrote:
Take, with a Nikon 50mm F/2 AI lens and my D300S at ISO 5600. My only manual focus Nikon specific lens, but would really love to add the newest version of the 500mm mirror lens. Felt that I wasn't giving the 50mm enough love this last year.

Out for a walk tonight through the neighborhood, and liked this house with its classic look of a green wreath on the front and the lit tree in the front window.

Welcome Adam. If you hang out here for any length of time, I can guarantee you that won't stay your only Nikon MF lens!

leighton w

Some more from Nikki. My wife and I are taking her sightseeing today! Pics to follow.

georgms

leighton w wrote:
Some more from Nikki. My wife and I are taking her sightseeing today! Pics to follow.

Have a nice trip, Leighton! The B&W-shot is a stunner. Love the creamy tones teaming up with the harsh structures and the great framing for a classy B&W-photograph.

leighton w

georgms wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Have a nice trip, Leighton! The B&W-shot is a stunner. Love the creamy tones teaming up with the harsh structures and the great framing for a classy B&W-photograph.

Thank you Georg, you're too kind.

georgms

Adam, welcome! I like your colorful neighborhood-shot! The 50/2Ai is a little gem.

Jose, great image of the small moth!

Alan, nice and lovely set from your family! Junior's first camera is really cool;-)

Monty, Ray & Ray, Jose and Leighton - thanks for the kind comments on the fireworks-shot!

asiostygius

Thanks Georg and Leighton.

Leighton, nice set with Nikki.
The last one is a great capture, just the right timing; it remembers me Monty's timing for candids.
We are waiting your images from the trip.

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2381

leighton w wrote:

Leighton, you're killing me with this kind of images... Please show more!

montym

leighton w wrote:

1       2       3              2426      
       2428              4190       4191       end