Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2413

1       2       3              2413      
       2415              5891       5892       end

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Resumed checking out the 35mm f2 OC. Both images wide open. The lens seems plenty sharp centrally at f2. Checking out background rendition too. Haven't had the chance to look at smaller apertures yet.

Reagan
Total Posts: 4619

Like the second one best Samy. Nice background and lighting
He must be looking at my Egret and my dog is watching both of them

Reagan

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

saph wrote:
Resumed checking out the 35mm f2 OC. Both images wide open. The lens seems plenty sharp centrally at f2. Checking out background rendition too. Haven't had the chance to look at smaller apertures yet.

Samy, your cat in the last image isn't a polydactyl cat by chance is it? We used to have one that looked just like this one that was .

The lens seems fairly sharp as well also.

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2236

saph wrote:

Americo, very nice diverse set of shots from SF. And you seem to have followed Reagan's lead in jumping in and out of camera equipment
Saph, Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback! Trust me, I have not really sold a lens, unless I really had to, or if I thought it would be a even trade quid pro quo! For example the Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS I sold, and miss dearly, I used the money to found a Nikon 85mm f/1.4D, until I ran into a few lager bills than expected, well, bills are never really unexpected, just out of site, and out of mind. Believe me, I hate to think of selling my Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AIS, however medicals loom their gloom over our heads, and whatever has been paid, has left a gap unable to cover the already bill in waiting xD I think however, I will just keep my lens, and ride it out, since for me my hobby has in a sense kept me sane, if that's even possible? Bills or not, my family and I are strong, and God has let us keep our daughter, and cancer has its ass kicked, and sent to labs to get dissected into oblivion, go science!

a.RodriguezPix

Reagan wrote:
Took the 105 and the 25-50 this morning different location just after sunrise

Reagan

these are very nice! I love egrets, they are my favorite fowl In fact it was on a photo forum that i saw a crimson solored one for the first time! Thanks for sharing these!

Reagan

Reagan buys and sells because he has this big black and chrome thing that wants money also

Reagan

rankamateur
Total Posts: 877

Reagan wrote:
Took the 105 and the 25-50 this morning different location just after sunrise

Reagan

Magnifico! These are sterling Regan. White birds are very hard to get exposed correctly. You done good.

Reagan

Thats all for the comments but I just push the button
Though I seem to push it a little better with this camera

Reagan

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

That is a huge leg band on the pelican.

David

Reagan

That tag is in case they run out of free turkeys at Thanksgiving he is the 83r'd pelican that will be given away

Reagan

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Reagan wrote:
That is what I like about the D600
I only cropped a little of the ocean off the top and some off the bottom to even things out
I keep thinking about Scott's 300 and what king of images I might get with it
I am really starting to love this camera

Reagan

Great shots. I am debating between the D600 and D800 at this moment. Local CL has a D800 and it's calling my name. It has only 50 shots on the unit. I am selling to get it but still debating what to sell

Reagan

You could sell that 50 1.2 ai-s or that new 135/2
I really like the lighter weight of the D600

Reagan

raboof

Reagan wrote:
You could sell that 50 1.2 ai-s or that new 135/2
I really like the lighter weight of the D600

Reagan

No chance, Reagan

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Terrific shot Ron

Love this on Ronny

Reagan fantastic

Great shot Samy

MDoc9523

Here's some shots from today. It was such a beautiful day I had to go out exploring. I went to Lakeland to the Holis Gardens and I am never disappointed there. It is such a wonderful garden!
I used four lenses today including my recently repaired 105 2.5

Frankenstein 105 2.5

35mm 1.4 AIS

85mm 1.4 AIS

300mm EDIF 4.5 AIS

pburke
Total Posts: 3009

Peter B - be a little wary of cheap batteries. There are quite a few horror stories on the net that frightened me away from teh real cheapies.

I use Energizer lithium AA in grips, not rechargeables. I did get one of those from Adorama with my D600 bundle, but have not used it yet. 6 AA lithiums in the grip will last at least as long as a Nikon rechargeable battery.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2488

saph wrote:

Rafael, your scenery from California is always neat. Cool new acquisition of the 5cm 1.4S. That really can be AI'd?

Samy, it is not a 5cm 1.4 S it is a 5cm 2.0 S, this is the first lens that came out with the new nikon F reflex camera in 1959. The 5.8CM followed and was active for a couple of years, then in 1961 or 1962 the 5cm 1.4S came out and the 5cm 2.0H replaced the S. This is a seven element lens as sharp wide open as the current 1.8G, it does not become as sharp as the 1.8G as you close it down, but it is sharp enough and has a really interesting look at 2.0. It cannot be factory ai converted with a ring, but the aperture ring be cut into working in ai mode with current cameras.
Rafael

PS, I will be photographing this event tonight with the D800 and the 50-300mm ED

Nations of San Diego International Dance Festival at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.

http://www.nationsdancefestival.com/

I was given full freedom to select my place to photograph from. There will be many diffferent world dance groups. Found an exit door where I can set my tripod, get a good angle, I won't be blocking it as I will be the first one out if need be.
I thought about using the D3 and the 80-200mm 2.8 ED ais, to minimize file size and get a faster aperture. But I tend to defocus the single lens ring when zooming, with the 50-300mm I can zoom and focus separately and get far more focused shots and might as well use the D800 to maximize image size and post processing options. I will be spending a lot of time post processing several hundred photos, but what can I do, if I had a D4 I would use that.

Love this one Ray
85mm 1.4 AIS

a.RodriguezPix

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's some shots from today. It was such a beautiful day I had to go out exploring. I went to Lakeland to the Holis Gardens and I am never disappointed there. It is such a wonderful garden!
I used four lenses today including my recently repaired 105 2.5

Frankenstein

85mm 1.4 AIS

Beautiful work! I thoroughly enjoyed the 85mm 1.4 AIS capture!

raboof

Ray - Nice shot from that 85mm f1.4 AIS. Something I don't have and would like to own one. What f-stop was that on?

MDoc9523

Thank you Rafael, Americo and Chuong. I had to stop it down to F4 because of the bright sun. I really need a good ND filter

1       2       3              2413      
       2415              5891       5892       end