Total Posts: 1419

leighton w wrote:
A visitor came to the farm today!

looking forward to this!!

great first shot!

ben

leighton w
Total Posts: 9016

Thanks Ben, and thanks for donating this lens, she's a real beauty! This is my first experience with the scalloped focus rings and it's already feeling good in my hands.

I feel honored to be a part of this.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Ben, and thanks for donating this lens, she's a real beauty! This is my first experience with the scalloped focus rings and it's already feeling good in my hands.

I feel honored to be a part of this.

It's exciting seeing her in these strange locations - with snow even! And it's funny how the excitement doesn't diminish with each new location - and even though she's been in the same country for a while - the places look so different - especially your farm.

I hope you enjoy the pre-ai experience.

(the rust and red colours really make that pic pop)

ben

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4893

Monty I love the shot of your new puppy in the snow!
Ferdi that's a great list of your 4 lenses
Tony I enjoyed your shots from work especially the last one.
Rafael that first shot is awsome!
Chin your guitar shots are so cool.
Mark the shot of your little one is precious. If I might suggest a little more contrast might be needed
Ben nice shot with the 24mm
Georg I love the editing especially considering the amount of work involved
Phillippe great use of the T/S lens
Scott I love the shot. The blur on the people makes it looks as though the an is having a hard time keeping up wit the little boy
Ronny that's a wonderful shot of your dog - I love it
Leighton be careful with those scalloped lenses because you WILL want more

MDoc9523

Went for my walk today armed with the 85mm 1.4 AIS This lens is a joy to hold and use. It obliterates the back ground! There are 6 of those pipe fittings about 6 inches apart.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2196

Really Good shot Ray :-)

MDoc9523

Thank you Ronny

leighton w
Total Posts: 9016

MDoc9523 wrote:

Leighton be careful with those scalloped lenses because you WILL want more

That's what I'm afraid of!

Love the bokeh in your pipe shot.

I'll be sending Nikki your way in a couple of weeks.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

georgms wrote:
Two shots from a short walk around the block.
Ooops, no block in sight far and wide.
Two shots from a short walk around the village:

3 horizontal shots with the 85/2.8 stitched - a 45/2.8 like Chin's would have been a better choice

Awesome, thought it is worth another look.

Ray

pbraymond

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Seems to be the T/S page :

What I just said above, worth a second look. Can't get the image to quote, so just accept the praise for great pic, Phillipe.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5667

georgms wrote:

John, the fisheye-selfie with green-filter should make a really nice B&W. Sometimes accidents can lead to fantastic pictorial results;-)

Here you go Georg!

pbraymond

Nikki on the farm should be great fun to watch.

I'm digging the PCE shots, good thing for my wallet I'm a little too impatient.

One from this morning

georgms
Total Posts: 3298

Ray, beautiful work with your 85/1.4! I like both shots a lot. I've seen many fantastic flower-shots out of your hands and my personal favs out of these (those?) are mostly the ones with a bit lighter/brighter background. Maybe it helps to bring out the colors more.

georgms

Ray from Ohio, beautiful winter-shot! Are your neighbors preparing for christmas in the years after the fiscal cliff?
I really like the very muted colors and the water-tower almost disappearing in the fog.

georgms

John, you're looking much better in B&W than in green;-) The original shot is a tricky one to work with - I'm sure with a bit of local adjustments it could make an even more glorious B&W.
Btw, I'm really impressed by the amount of gear you're carrying up-hill and down-hill. The spectacular landscapes out of your hands come with a price for sure.

georgms

Leighton, great to see the special guest on your farm! As stated many times before - that's a beautiful piece of the world you're living in/on.
The red/green cast on the tilted shot is visible to a small extent in the original file. The post-processing enhanced the cast. I don't know the reason for it The other shots are not plagued by it.

pbraymond

georgms wrote:
Ray from Ohio, beautiful winter-shot! Are your neighbors preparing for christmas in the years after the fiscal cliff?
I really like the very muted colors and the water-tower almost disappearing in the fog.

Thanks for the kind comment Georg. I'll avoid the temptation to speak about the fiscal cliff, after all, this thread is about good things and celebration.

Ray

georgms

Ronny, now this shot looks more like the Sweden I'm used too (mighty stones and dark forests). Fantastic portrait of your German shepherd! The 135/2 really shines in your hands.

Scott, nice nightly street-scene! I like the movement of the goers.

Philippe, the "Jeans"-shot is highly inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Chin, that last portrait of Oolong Tea is absolute fantastic! Her curvated tongue reminds me of the shapes found on violins somehow...

georgms

pbraymond wrote:
georgms wrote:

Thanks for the kind comment Georg. I'll avoid the temptation to speak about the fiscal cliff, after all, this thread is about good things and celebration.

Ray

Ray, sorry for the lame joke about the politics. Your beautiful snow-scape belongs fore sure to the good things.

1       2       3              2411      
       2413              4069       4070       end