Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2410

1       2       3              2410      
       2412              4189       4190       end

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2963

leighton w wrote:
A little snow on the mountain. We live in the Shenandoah valley with the Blue Ridge Mt's to our East, and the Alleghenies to our West. All part of the Appalachian mountain range. We are closer to the Alleghenies which you see in this image.

Leighton, wow great landscape picture!

Lieutenant Z

Zichar wrote:
Fresh from this morning. New trick if you can call it that.
Tried to get her to yawn when we say 'open'.
Found out that it's a particularly difficult task timing the shot with MF and at full tilt

45PCE

Chin, just stunning. Love it!

Lieutenant Z

Well done, Georg!

mp356
Total Posts: 4264

My 24 hour catch-up, this thread moves fast sometimes.....

Ronnie, very nice images of your German Sheppard. Good color and shapness.

Ian, like your style on the portraits. Very eye catching.

Monty, Higgs is so darn cute! Must be a blast to photograph him, if he holds still long enough!

Chin, like the guitar detail shots. Like the earlier ones, nice color and clarity.

Leighton, gotta love where you live. I have visited the area in the summer but the winter looks equally nice.

Ben, thenks for the comment on my images. Looks like summer down under with the Freelines seeing some use.

Philippe, another wonderful plaza image with the pce lens. Nice shadow and movement.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2372

Thanks all
Great shot Chin!
georg: like the #2 best
Great shot Z !

Ronny //

Lieutenant Z

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks all
Great shot Chin!
Great shot Z !

Ronny //

Thanks! Where are your shots with 105/2.5 & 135/2 ?

Lieutenant Z

Thanks Scott.

Playing around with the 24 PCE :

mp356

Philippe, inspired by your low light street scenes, I tried this candid last evening. The ISO left things much grainier than I prefer, and the bright window was hard to meter for. Just makes me appreciate what you are able to do in these conditions. Taken with the 105 2.5 at 5.6 and 1/15 sec.
Scott

Ronny _Olsson

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks all
Great shot Chin!
Great shot Z !

Ronny //

Thanks! Where are your shots with 105/2.5 & 135/2 ?

Has put out a couple earlier in the thread from 135mm on my dog ​​

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2406
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2407

Great shot again
Really nice Scott

Haha.. do not know why I had these settings
1/200 ƒ/2 ISO 2800 135 mm

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z

mp356 wrote:
Philippe, inspired by your low light street scenes, I tried this candid last evening. The ISO left things much grainier than I prefer, and the bright window was hard to meter for. Just makes me appreciate what you are able to do in these conditions. Taken with the 105 2.5 at 5.6 and 1/15 sec.
Scott

Scott, thanks for kind words.
I like your night shot. Why f/5.6? I (almost) always shoot wide open in the dark and mostly use 1.4 or 1.8 lenses. FWIW.

Lieutenant Z

Ronny, beautiful pic of your dog!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5028

leighton w wrote:
A little snow on the mountain. We live in the Shenandoah valley with the Blue Ridge Mt's to our East, and the Alleghenies to our West. All part of the Appalachian mountain range. We are closer to the Alleghenies which you see in this image.

Wow that's so beautiful.

mp356

Thanks Philippe. I used f5.6 as I was afraid that f2.5 was not going to give me enough depth of field (car back to suit in window) and I was having a hard time seeing if I was focused or not in the low light. I like your suggestion thought. I need to improve my confidence as to what is in focus at a given f-stop. Using f2.5 here would have been much better. Thanks again.
Scott

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1357

kings_freak wrote:
A few from around work tonight.

Tony

printing shop?

leighton w
Total Posts: 9200

Thanks Philippe, Scott and Ray!

Philippe - I like your shot, and it's even in the day light! LOl

Scott - I really like the effect. And at that range, you shouldn't have to worry so much with maintaining sharpness wide open.

Ronny - Another fine shot of your dog.

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

leighton w wrote:

wow - beautiful Leighton, beautiful light

ben

Ronny _Olsson

Thanks leighton! Tomorrow I'm hoping for better weather so I get out and test some more

bruni

georgms wrote:
Tos?

Ben, very nice shot of your freeliners. I wonder if a modern lens like the 24/3.5 PC-E would be too contrasty for backlit shots like this one.

)

Thank you Georg - it's very kind of you to try and make me think I wouldn't want the PCE - that's why I took the 24 2.8NC with me to ride the freelines - I was trying to convince myself that I con't need another 24mm. That freeline shot is very contrasty I know but the original wasn't like that - I used a fuji preset which lightened the sky and made all the shadows black. I liked the effect so I kept it.

Phillippe is killing me with those sensational shots (looks like he even got down on the ground for one of them). It's worse because I'm on holidays at the moment - with too much time to obsess over the 24 PCE. As they say: idle hands are the devil's playground (is that an expression in Europe?).

ben

Lieutenant Z

bruni wrote:
[
As they say: idle hands are the devil's playground (is that an expression in Europe?).

ben

Yes, we say here : " l'oisiveté est la mère de tous les vices"... I'm in holidays too (mais j'ai déjà tous les vices de la terre)

bruni

Lieutenant Z wrote:
bruni wrote:
[
As they say: idle hands are the devil's playground (is that an expression in Europe?).

ben

Yes, we say here : " l'oisiveté est la mère de tous les vices"... I'm in holidays too (mais j'ai déjà tous les vices de la terre)

it's close - and yes, being on holidays is a side issue, I've got no resistance even when I'm working.

1       2       3              2410      
       2412              4189       4190       end