Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2356

1       2       3              2356      
       2358              4265       4266       end

Reagan
Total Posts: 2950

Monty.what kind of dog is Higgs besides tiny?
Alan, great set
Georg, always love the lighting on your B/W
Leighton, Beautiful sunset
Ben, Great composition with the bikes and the legs one needs the other

Reagan

and thanks to the relentless pressure from Leighton and Laura I have a 180 again

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Reagan wrote:
Monty.what kind of dog is Higgs besides tiny?
Alan, great set
Georg, always love the lighting on your B/W
Leighton, Beautiful sunset
Ben, Great composition with the bikes and the legs one needs the other

Reagan

and thanks to the relentless pressure from Leighton and Laura I have a 180 again

Higgs is a long haired Chihuahua

Reagan

I like the look he has. What is Rocky?

Reagan

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Reagan wrote:

Reagan

Rocky is a sad short haired Chihuahua. Rocky is not adjusting well to his new energetic roommate.

Reagan

He will just have to"Dog Up" and become a mentor

Reagan

Oosty
Total Posts: 4038

This is a never ending journey! Envious of some of the macros here I made a rough and ready lightbox using this as a guide http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

Here are some results - plenty to learn!!

huddy
Total Posts: 1826

Thanks for the compliments all. Mark, no need to worry about yours getting any cuter!

MarkdV
Total Posts: 730

Oosty wrote:
This is a never ending journey! Envious of some of the macros here I made a rough and ready lightbox using this as a guide http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

Here are some results - plenty to learn!!

Lovely results, I love the spider web.

KR,
mark.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9355

montym wrote:
Reagan wrote:

Reagan

Rocky is a sad short haired Chihuahua. Rocky is not adjusting well to his new energetic roommate.

In that case, I'll drive up this weekend and take the Particle off your hands for you.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9355

Peter, I like the shell, works well in B&W.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4424

A few days ago we had a freezing rain. In the morning when the sun came out - the whole world made a crackling sound...and these little diamonds of water were sparkling. In a few hours they all had evaporated.

Ice Drops #1 - all with Nikkor 200mm f4 ais

Ice Drops #2

Ice Drops #3

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2992

Dear Georg Buechner, you are lucky to have such a beautiful private yacht! btw, love the shot
Monty, like the Webex shots as usual
Ray: like the "Paperwork", nicely done
Ben : more good stuff, especially the bikes with legs, but it's quite dangerous to post such shots when Reagan is around
Peter, that's some seriously sweet bokeh! well done! and you are (half) lucky to have a half-italian wife, italians are the world's most glamorous women
James, nice ice drops!

Lieutenant Z

And Mark, interesting pictures from Sweden. Thanks for sharing!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7721

+200

leighton w wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

This one deserves another look, simply beautiful. It's really all in the light.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 730

Thanks (Or I should say "Tack!") everyone for your comments on the Sweden pictures, I shall obey the command of Jose and post some more.

This time around the 105mm lens. What can I say about this beauty that hasn't already been said. It's fab and if you don't have one yet - get one!

So more about Stockholm. The city is on a series of Islands and around a beautiful harbour. At this time of year the days are of course very short but the light beautiful, if you get a break in the clouds. But even when the skies are grey the buildings are full of colour to compensate and the people amazingly friendly. Not to mention that everyone spoke English amazingly well (I was very embarrissed not to speak better Swedish). Reading Swedish was quite easy though, it's what I imagine you woulod get from mixing English, German and Dutch together with some random stuff from an Alien. I don't speak Alien but I can just about get into trouble in the other three.

There is a theme park called Skansen where they have all sorts of buildings from old times (mainly 18th and 19th century) and in the middle is little Skansen which is designed for small kids. we were there twice as my Son loved it. Friday was quiet and he had the place mostly to himself. Sunday was quite the opposite and was a little more overwhelming for him to start with but he soon got used to the crowds and went around giving high-5's to all the adults.

Anyway, some pics.

Lieutenant Z

That set is absolutely amazing, Mark. I especially love the first and the last, well done!

georgms
Total Posts: 3424

Lieutenant Z wrote:
That set is absolutely amazing, Mark. I especially love the first and the last, well done!

+1! The guard with his closed eyes is pretty cool too. Personal fav is the escaping blackbird.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2906

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Excellent portrait! this is a perfect example of what i need to understand, what is that halo like thing on the image, is this polarization? how do we avoid it?

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, that halo affect that you are seeing has nothing to do with the image necessarily, but is a byproduct of image compression. You can help eliminate that if you add a little blur when you compress, but it defeats the crispness we all try to get in our images. So to truly eliminate it, you need to use less compression, which in turn gives larger file sizes. Another way to attempt to get around that compression artifact is by using a different file type like a PNG or TIFF. Again though, bigger filesizes... I could go on and on about compression and web suitability, but if I am seeing what you are asking about, that's the reason in a nutshell.

raboof
Total Posts: 1486

Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1

Wow, just saw a D3s for $2,900

georgms
Total Posts: 3424

James, fantastic colors and framing of the frozen droplets!

Peter, great results out of your DIY-lightbox! I like especially the Nautilus Shell.

1       2       3              2356      
       2358              4265       4266       end