Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2353

1       2       3              2353      
       2355              4436       4437       end

montym
Total Posts: 4713

My first love! Cycling. I purchased a PowerTap today. It is a way to quantify how lame I am

montym

Oosty wrote:
From the 80-200 f4 without square plate (push pull lens). Macros with 2 tubes

Very nice. Getting to be summer "down there" isn't it?

Reagan
Total Posts: 3208

Bridge from other side

Reagan

montym

Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

Now that is beautiful! Nicely composed. Beautiful lighting!
Nice work Reagan

montym

Big Stuff at Webex

huddy
Total Posts: 1826

I've missed quite a bit. We are very sad here as my wife's great-grandfather passed last week after a 5 year battle with Parkinson's Disease. He was truly the rock in her family. Life goes on though.

Jorge, I'm really sorry to see you having to dump so many great lenses.

Leighton, the farm is looking lovely.

Elton, I like both color and B&W. Each works well in their own ways.

Ben - Nice work with the 35/2OC.

leighton w wrote:
If you want even faster, put an i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz in a PC and overclock it to 5.0GHz and also add at least 16 gigs of RAM and put LR on a SSD. Now you're talking speed!

Is that what Ivy Bridge is capable of Leighton? I haven't overclocked in a couple of years. My last OC was pushing a Q6600 up to 3.94GHz on air while running dual GPU's. The machine also had 6 HDD's, and water cooling with dual radiators... I think it pulled around 850W at the wall... I ended up eventually dumping it for a lower power quad, SSD, single HDD, single low wattage GPU, and air cooling. I now hit full load at around 180W, but rarely pull more than 120.

Roy's 180/2.8 will be a nice lens. I bought my 35/1.4 from him. Never should have let it go.

I've been playing with the V1. It's a bit disappointing honestly, and it will probably go back to B&H. The video is nice, but I didn't buy it to be a video camera. The search for a competent, small digital mirrorless body continues.

Welcome to lots of new faces around here too!

BTW, here is a currently cheap 300/2.8 for any who are interested: Temptation

montym

One more...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

Wow great shot Reagan

MDoc9523

This looks like a great deal on a 35mm 1.4. Only 30 min left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Nikkor-35-mm-f1-4-ai-s-Wide-Angle-Lens-/170953005040?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27cd97d7f0

Zichar
Total Posts: 3598

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Leighton and Samy - thanks!
Leighton, yes and no - I could have shot the same scene with a superwide as a vertical to get exactly the same perspective - just with a lot more snow in the foreground (lower half of the vertical shot).
The 28PC is well built and fairly compact. I have to get used to the aperture-mechanism.
I hope to find enough spare time to use this lens (and the 85PC too) a bit more in the coming weeks.

saph wrote:
I took shots with the 14-24 one time that someone asked me to, and realized that I was cropping off loads of pixels to get rid of the unnecessary foreground. That's what had made me think of a PC lens.

The aperture mechanism is funky, but just a matter of getting used to. And it took me a bit to realize how to do the rotate function, you can combine that with the shift.

BTW, Leighton, do I sense an interest in the 28PC? <hint>Any time I go browsing ebay etc. there seem to be a good number of these out there. </hint>

Samy

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't think.

You should. Keeps lines remarkably straight

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2509

From the 85mm 1.4 AIS I just sold

D4 ISO 1250 f2.8

MDoc9523

I am so sorry that you had to sell that lens Jorge because you sure nailed that focus point. Great shot!

mp356
Total Posts: 4449

Reagan wrote:
Someone buy this before I do, Please
180 2.8 ai-s $275

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1168411/0#11147639

Reagan

Reagan, I have had the same thoughts. It looks like a beauty!
Scott

mp356

georgms wrote:
First test of a new to me 28/3.5PC - sorry Samy, still no shot's from the remains of the former "Heinkel-Werke".
The weather yesterday was all grey - not really hazy, but dull and flat light and it was too cold to have fun with a new lens.

Georg Büchner von georgsfoto auf Flickr
28/3.5 PC shifted all the way up if memory serves - f/11, 1/60sec at ISO400, vignetting added in post (silly me)

Georg, very nice image. I did not know your last name was Buchner and that you had your own ship!
Scott

mp356

montym wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

Now that is beautiful! Nicely composed. Beautiful lighting!
Nice work Reagan

+1 Reagan!

mp356

Lots of activity over the last 24 hours.

Samy, really like the composition of the P-47 image. Beautiful plane.

Monty, good to see Rocky again. Hope he and the Particle are coexisting OK.

Ben, the 200 f2 images have wonderful backgrounds.

Peter, I like the mannequins shot.

Ben (Sydney), the bike image in the road is first rate. Looks more dangerous than your skates!

Welcomes to Roland and Michael. Nice first images.

Mark, liking your Sweden series.

Chin, nice timing capturing "off the cliff"

Leighton, great door image. Are you responsible for all the additional activity the last 24 hours?

Kevin, I like the 12-12-12 images. Nice idea.

Apologies to all that I missed. Too many to comment on them all. Nice work everyone. Now I need to get off my duff and post something. Scott

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1139

One from today. Sorry if it boring, here's hoping for something better this weekend.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1551

Zichar wrote:
leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Leighton and Samy - thanks!
Leighton, yes and no - I could have shot the same scene with a superwide as a vertical to get exactly the same perspective - just with a lot more snow in the foreground (lower half of the vertical shot).
The 28PC is well built and fairly compact. I have to get used to the aperture-mechanism.
I hope to find enough spare time to use this lens (and the 85PC too) a bit more in the coming weeks.

saph wrote:
I took shots with the 14-24 one time that someone asked me to, and realized that I was cropping off loads of pixels to get rid of the unnecessary foreground. That's what had made me think of a PC lens.

The aperture mechanism is funky, but just a matter of getting used to. And it took me a bit to realize how to do the rotate function, you can combine that with the shift.

BTW, Leighton, do I sense an interest in the 28PC? <hint>Any time I go browsing ebay etc. there seem to be a good number of these out there. </hint>

Samy

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't think.

You should. Keeps lines remarkably straight

Straight or bulging a bit up, so much fun!!! you need one Leighton.....

Casa del Prado Balboa Park Nikon Nikkor 28mm F/3.5 PC 3.5 P.C. by Rafael CA, on Flickr
[
Casa del Prado Balboa Park Nikon Nikkor 28mm F/3.5 PC 3.5 P.C. by Rafael CA, on Flickr

huddy
Total Posts: 1826

As I mentioned, life moves on. As one flame is extinguished, another seems ready to take the world by storm. (All with D700+28/2)

Walking is just one more reason to watch the ipad!

Christmas lights are fun too:

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

Jorge Torralba wrote:
From the 85mm 1.4 AIS I just sold

D4 ISO 1250 f2.8

Excellent portrait! this is a perfect example of what i need to understand, what is that halo like thing on the image, is this polarization? how do we avoid it?

1       2       3              2353      
       2355              4436       4437       end