Neighbors Fence by Leighton W, on Flickr

And yes, around here this time of year, you have to wear blaze orange

Greetings by Leighton W, on Flickr

raboof
Total Posts: 1504

Thank you, Leighton...for your images.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9451

For all you flickr users. I'm experimenting with embedding images from flickr, is there a way you can embed the image so it's in the middle of the page, and not to the left like mine above?

montym
Total Posts: 4711

leighton w wrote:
For all you flickr users. I'm experimenting with embedding images from flickr, is there a way you can embed the image so it's in the middle of the page, and not to the left like mine above?

Try using HTML code

<center>

center this stuff

</center>

montym
Total Posts: 4711

montym wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Try using HTML code

<center>

center this stuff

</center>

Guess that doesn't work

leighton w

montym wrote:
montym wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Try using HTML code

<center>

center this stuff

</center>

Guess that doesn't work

Thanks for trying.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3548

What I use is [ c ] and close it with [ / c ]
Minus the spaces of course

leighton w

Zichar wrote:

Ok, stupid question. Where do I place the [ c ] in relation to the image?

leighton w

leighton w wrote:
Zichar wrote:

Ok, stupid question. Where do I place the [ c ] in relation to the image?

Hey cool! I figured it out, thanks Chin!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3548

Oops navigated away from this page
I read monty's reply and kinda just latched on to that without thinking! Glad you got that sorted out

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7748

He's a cutie for sure. Rocky probably gets along with him since Higgs isn't old enough to mark his territory yet, so I think you'll be good to go.

montym wrote:
Tough day for Higgs today. First trip to the vet. Poked, prodded, temp taken, and a shot.

He and Rocky actually together today. Good hard play that lasted 5-10 minutes. Maybe they will get along!

Monty

Thanks Matt! It was fun to let the windows take me back to my childhood too, even though these aren't the same ones I saw as a kid.

Matt OHarver wrote:
Those are awesome and what a story! Thank you for sharing.

Matt

Thanks Leighton The one little boy in one of them isn't mine, just wandered into the shot

leighton w wrote:

Laura - I enjoyed looking at your series on animated windows. Well done.

Lovely shots Leighton, and definitely keep your orange on, wouldn't want to have someone mistake you for a deer. And I see you figured out the center tag

leighton w wrote:
Just a couple from our walk yesterday, taken with the 50mm f1.2

Neighbors Fence by Leighton W, on Flickr

And yes, around here this time of year, you have to wear blaze orange

Greetings by Leighton W, on Flickr

MarkdV
Total Posts: 746

Hi All,
Just back from Sweden and trying very hard to catch up with the amazing images added (and the amazing number of pages) since I left. Needless to say some great work, from memories of being allowed to watch the first ever space shuttle launch (and a few days later the landing) on TV thanks to Samy to the great Bokeh shots from Ray and everything in between.

I'm afraid that I have several hundred pics (757 to be exact) from this trip taken with the 28mm, 50mm and the 105mm. I'll try not to bore you all with them and limit myself to only a few from each lens.

But to start with some that I know will go down well. Bikes (some even in B&W). And a pretty lady. And she's offering me food. The first 2 are the 50mm and the last 2 are the 28mm.

Lastly when I got back there was a parcel being delivered by the postman. A big thanks to Matt for such excellent service! That's slots 7 & 8 now filled. What to get for the lucky last?

Reagan
Total Posts: 2992

A little warmer morning here in Florida
Sunrise by the water but it was a light rain and cloudy 50 1.8

Reagan

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2128

50mm f1.2 on Nikon FE-2(MD-12) on Tri-X.

Ace of Spades by Ian_Boys

raboof
Total Posts: 1504

Great images. Looks like we're on a 50mm 1.2 marathon

leighton w

Mark - Welcome home! Don't worry with boring us, can't be done. I know, I've tried. Love the shot of the girl with the flat bread, I bet it was delicious!

Reagan - Beautiful morning light, the bridge shot is my favorite. I thought you were giving up and switching to m4/3rds?

MarkdV

raboof wrote:
Great images. Looks like we're on a 50mm 1.2 marathon

Well then I will start with the images from the 50mm in Sweden.

The first is looking towards the old town on the Island of Gamla stan. i think the spire is that of the German Church but I don't know the story behind why there is a German church there, although Sweden from the time of Gustavus Adolphus in the 17th Century Sweden was Protestant like parts of Germany.

Gustavus Adolphus was a busy man, firstly over-throwing his cousin then waging a war with him over control of Poland, and hence most of the Baltic coast. Also he was busy watching over his shoulder at the Catholic invasion of Jutland and a rick of Catholic control over Copenhagen and Zealand which would have bottled Sweden up inside the Baltic Sea and denied them a route to the North Sea. So he decided to strengthen his Navy with the building of 4 large warships, the first of which was the Vasa.

The Vasa was Sweden's first attempt at a 2 gun-deck ship and also the world's first ship with guns all of the same caliber (other countries had guns on the upper deck which were smaller than the lower) as an attempt to help make it easier to keep stocked with cannon balls, as previously each gun was a unique piece with a different sized shot, you can imagine what that would have been like logistically. However this meant that the ship was top heavy and too narrow and on it's maiden voyage it was caught by a gust of wind, heeled over and water started coming in the open gun ports and she sank within 20 minutes with the lost of about 30 hands. All within the first nautical mile.
Amazingly with technology of the time they managed to salvage the cannons from the wreck, but the ship itself was left until the 1960's where it was raised, preserved and is now on display at the Vasamuseet on the island of Djurgården.
The actual story of the loss is one of human failure after human failure. Everyone knew the vessel was too unstable to sail, but no-one dared tell the king that the warship that was to be the pride of his fleet couldn't sail when he wanted it to, so...disaster ensured. In the best tradition the ensuing board of enquiry found no-one responsible.
The other ships in the Vasa's class were build 1.5m wider and were very successful for 30 years until they were outstripped by technology.

The Vasa sailed past the waterfront of the island of Gamla stan and thousands of watching citizens, where today tens of thousands of people walk and stop to feed the gulls, not thinking of the events that had unfolded there 384 years before.

MarkdV

leighton w wrote:
Mark - Welcome home! Don't worry with boring us, can't be done. I know, I've tried. Love the shot of the girl with the flat bread, I bet it was delicious!

You better believe it was good. If you ever get the chance, Elk is delicious!

mp356
Total Posts: 4329

Nice work everyone.

Monty, those images of The Particle are priceless!

Matt, sad to see your MF lenses up for sale. Good luck on your neck.

Leighton, the neighbors fence image is great. Love the depth of field play.

Mark, nice series from Sweden. The image of the young girl with the flatbread is very nice.

Reagan, good to see you are getting up early. Nice sunrise images.

Scott

philipj
Total Posts: 850

In quasi-reverse-chronological order:

Reagan - your bridge shot does it for me, nice diffraction off the lights too. That's the 50 f/1.8?

Leighton - I also really liked your "boring" shot, your valley looks sublime. I suspect you're the same, I can never predict which images people will like or comment on the most.

Elton - b/w Route 66 for me!

Jorge - sorry to hear about your eyesight, and glws! You took some fine images with your manual focus gear, so I'm sure the autofocus motors in your remaining lenses won't hold you back.

1       2       3              2345      
       2347              4301       4302       end