/forum/topic/929565/2338

1       2       3              2338      
       2340              4152       4153       end

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 302

Great shot, Samy!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12946

I'm about fifteen pages behind... boy can you guys and gals TALK...

My life has been very busy and I've had little time for photography. I'm also still trying to assess whether Zenfolio will work for me. I will post a few photos with apologies to the many fine photographers on this thread whose work has yet to receive my attention. A cursory run through tells me there is much to appreciate on these pages but it will be another week before I can give this thread serious attention. That, of course, is an eternity of this thread...

These were shot today and Friday with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s. Sizes are a bit weird because of the way Photoshop handles crops applied in Lightroom. I'll figure it out...

The cat on the right looks so much like the cat I grew up with I'm shocked. Unfortunately, he is a wary cat and I doubt we'll ever make friends. That is a shame...

Happy shooting everyone and for those who celebrate a holiday at this time of the year, blessings to you and your families.

saph
Total Posts: 2288

Few more from the Air and Space Museum near Dulles, Virginia. Mix of 55 1.2S and 105 1.8 I think. Didn't use the 180 2.8 much.

Samy

Battered and bruised from the ravages of space.. A close up of Discovery's heat tiles.

Enola Gay. This exhibit is hard to describe in any words, just hope never again.

The Dornier Do 335 Pfeil - have never seen another plane with single props front and back like that one.

saph
Total Posts: 2288

Last few from the museum from today.

The mysterious Blackbird SR-71. Could have framed that better.

F-14 front view

Concorde engine

And lastly the Concorde's Michelin tires.

montym
Total Posts: 4709

saph wrote:
Last few from the museum from today.

Airplanes are not "my thing" but your pictures are great.
I like the SR-71 pic and the shuttle tiles!
Nice work

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1331

zippy_monster wrote:

British dental work. D600 - 28/2.8 AiS - 1/200th - /5.6 - ISO 100

An XK 140? I used to 'borrow' my uncle's when I was in high school.

JimmyChoo
Total Posts: 312

Lieutenant Z wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Philippe, is that fellow sleeping or is he dead!

He was just "dead drunk". What can we do about it?

Give him more of your cognac.
Sorry, couldn't resist that.

I like the first B&W image of the steps and lamp post. Was it leading down from Montmartre?

vpik01
Total Posts: 587

Georg - the party was great, everyone survived and enjoyed themselves... very late night though!

Scott, nightowlcat, Philippe - Thanks for the good wishes with Nikki, she is a great looking lens by the way. One of the best condition older Nikkors I've used for sure.

Rafael - Wow your FTN is sparkling! Mine is in good user condition but nothing like that beauty!! Also that velvia shot of SF is great, the neon lights and sunset really pop.

Leighton - I like the sepia toned shot of the village from a couple days ago! Hey how do I get your images/text to put on the blog?

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2449

leighton w wrote:
It's time to show you the latest stats from the blog. Looks pretty popular.

Pageviews today
Pageviews yesterday
Pageviews last month
Pageviews all time history

Check these out from NI based on about 19k images

And just to throw this in, here are some stats from ZI based on 21k images

vpik01

Nikki in DC - Update #2

My late night of holiday partying doomed my idea to get out early and do some sunrise shooting with Nikki and while the day nearly got away from me I did swing by the Capitol on my way home. It was misting and rainy which is one of my favorite 'looks' for the Capitol Dome, the lights look cool in a mist/fog setting. I ended up focusing (pun intended) on some found reflections on the eastern plaza above the relatively new Capitol Visitor Center. Enjoy!

Great Lens Adventure-DC-6 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Great Lens Adventure-DC-5 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Great Lens Adventure-DC-4 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Great Lens Adventure-DC-7 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1331

So, let's wrap up the 28mm f/2.0 visit by using the NC, took it to San Antonio de Pala mission, a little auxiliary to San Luis Rey de Francia, 23 miles to the East. Used the NC on the D800.
The lens is the one on the right. Original resolution on flickr.

nikon nikkor 28mm 2.0 ais and N.C. on F2 and Nikomat FTN by Rafael CA, on Flickr

This is the whole adobe mission building with the chapel inside.

nikon nikkor 28mm 2 NC at 8 San Antonio de Pala Mission by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now here is the inside of a chapel at 2.0, ISO 800.
Note it is a good image, but the christmas lights aberration ruins it, it is actually pretty sharp, crops further down. This lens would work fine at 2.0 with no lights in the frame.

nikon nikkor 28mm 2 NC at 2 San Antonio de Pala Mission by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now simply closing this lens to 2.8 takes care of aberrations and makes this an excellent image.

nikon nikkor 28mm 2 NC at 2.8 San Antonio de Pala Mission by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Here is a crop of the center at 2.0 followed by a crop at 2.8.

nikon nikkor 28mm 2 NC at 2 San Antonio de Pala Mission crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

at 2.8

nikon nikkor 28mm 2 NC at 2.8 San Antonio de Pala Mission crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7630

Pretty neat, Leighton, considering all this traffic is just for one specific lens(Nikki) that has traveled almost all the way around the world.

leighton w wrote:
It's time to show you the latest stats from the blog. Looks pretty popular.

Pageviews today
Pageviews yesterday
Pageviews last month
Pageviews all time history

NightOwl Cat

Beautiful fog shot Bert.

adh67 wrote:
A lot to go trough again this weekend very inspirational. I have not had time to shoot much myself once again. I can't wait for the year to be over and things to slow down a little at work.
Here are a few from yesterday.

Bert

NightOwl Cat

Matt, I'm hoping he gets quite a bit of what is on his Santa list.

Matt OHarver wrote:
Hi guys, I actually got an afternoon off this week that didn't include a trip to a doctor or a treatment center. Brandon had a Holiday Party in St. Louis so we drove him up and had some fun for a few hours. He and Santa discussed his list he brought with him. There are very few things that come along with his disease, however it has kept his childhood innocence around so that these special moments still happen even at 15. D4 and 35MM F1.4

MJO_5680 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_5684 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt

NightOwl Cat

Tony, it's in a lot better shape because I had to send it for repairs after I dropped it and a D700 on a store floor, APS got the nod for repairs and I had everything back in my hands in about a week... In that box should also be a ring with the original serial number to it. Send your text and images to Leighton's email address and he'll get them on the blog in between sheep tending and fixing broken things on the farm

vpik01 wrote:
Georg - the party was great, everyone survived and enjoyed themselves... very late night though!

Scott, nightowlcat, Philippe - Thanks for the good wishes with Nikki, she is a great looking lens by the way. One of the best condition older Nikkors I've used for sure.

Rafael - Wow your FTN is sparkling! Mine is in good user condition but nothing like that beauty!! Also that velvia shot of SF is great, the neon lights and sunset really pop.

Leighton - I like the sepia toned shot of the village from a couple days ago! Hey how do I get your images/text to put on the blog?

NightOwl Cat

Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.

NightOwl Cat

Wow Tony, I can almost reach out and touch that first one. bravo!

vpik01 wrote:
Nikki in DC - Update #2

My late night of holiday partying doomed my idea to get out early and do some sunrise shooting with Nikki and while the day nearly got away from me I did swing by the Capitol on my way home. It was misting and rainy which is one of my favorite 'looks' for the Capitol Dome, the lights look cool in a mist/fog setting. I ended up focusing (pun intended) on some found reflections on the eastern plaza above the relatively new Capitol Visitor Center. Enjoy!

Great Lens Adventure-DC-6 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2449

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.

Yes. It sucks ! My Zeiss stuff is on B&S as well http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166717/ My kids are telling me to leave them all my old glass but they are only 11 and 14 and don't have jobs. Otherwise I would make them work so they could buy me the AF stuff I want

vpik01

Thanks Laura!! The dome is so well lit that at night it does get very three dimensional looking. APS did some good work on Nikki for sure, very clean and smooth!

JimmyChoo
Total Posts: 312

Dean, thanks for your compliment.

Leighton, I like the shot of Jed in the barn.
I notice something about Jed; his nails looked long. Have you noticed this, that they are longer lately? From what I recall of our second GSD sometime before his passing that his nails seemed to get longer than previously and required clipping. When we found out that he had athritis of the hind legs, we realised that that was the reason for his long nails. Because of the pain he had become less active. All that walking and running about used to naturally file his nails short.

1       2       3              2338      
       2340              4152       4153       end