Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2338

1       2       3              2338      
       2340              5889       5890       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

NightOwl Cat wrote:

That's a lot of babies on the ground. Bummer on having to replace the compressor, but at least it picked winter time to do it and not the summer when that would have been full of veggies.

Yea, we have just 2 more ewes to go! It really was a bummer about the compressor, even this time of year, we sell veggies year round. Fortunately, we took this week off because of lambing.

I love your moon shots. I like moon shots better when it's NOT a full moon.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

Perhaps you guys can be interested in this webpage I just have found right now:
http://www.sassmannshausen.eu/lenses.html
There are several interesting comments and sample shots of MF Nikkors.

John, at least for the sample copies of the guy in that site, the 135/3.5 is better evaluated than the 135/2.8.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

jhinkey wrote:
As I've tried to do the last two years I've collected up almost all my images taken with my MF Nikkors in 2012 and put them into one place:

http://hinkey.zenfolio.com/p743018635

Windows or something clobbered some of the jpgs for some reason so some of them are not as sharp as they really are.

Someone really needs to take all the amazing photos from this thread and put them all in one place sortable by date, place, and owner.

John

Great idea, and congrats on your splendid collection of images!

leighton w

asiostygius wrote:

John, at least for the sample copies of the guy in that site, the 135/3.5 is better evaluated than the 135/2.8.

Thanks Jose, another good reference site.

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

MarkdV wrote: Ben, very sorry to hear about the terrible heat. Really unbelievably sorry. Just for you here is the fabulous weather we are enjoying here and thinking how glad we are that we go outside and get icicles in our beards rather than having the curse of warmth.

SALE 3 fuer 2l? Thanks for the Denglisch lesson. I was worried my German was getting rusty after 26 years away, but it seems I'd do just fine getting around in good old Tchermany. Gesundheit, Fahrvergnuegen, Kindergarten, Schadenfreude, Hinterland, and now SALE - I still know the important vocabulary .

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

bruni wrote:
45.8 degrees - the hottest day on record! and Mark you thought I was whinging over nothing...........

ben

just the day you want to spend surrounded by large slabs of heated concrete

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

leighton w wrote:
Mark, you REALLY need to clean your sensor! LOve the set BTW.

Yes, this shot is great, Mark.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Ben, great perspective and lighting.
Laura, I saw that yesterday from my window and "thought" about taking a few shots. Awesome shots!

leighton w

Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

leighton w wrote:
Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5.

Very nice Leighton,
You live in a really beautiful place. Is your chicken house a converted horse trailer?
I guess right now your Ram is busy trying to learn the names of all his new children.

That lens really makes a dreamy picture.

Mark

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8410

asiostygius wrote:

Great find Jose - I thought I'd found just about every site that reviewed MF Nikkors, but I guess I had not!

I hope that others will collect their images in one place for those of us to peruse.

John

leighton w

MarkdV wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Very nice Leighton,
You live in a really beautiful place. Is your chicken house a converted horse trailer?
I guess right now your Ram is busy trying to learn the names of all his new children.

That lens really makes a dreamy picture.

Mark

Thanks Mark. The chicken house is indeed a converted horse trailer. I also made a contraption that automatically closes the door at night. The Ram will never meet his "children" as he has to be a bachelor until his services are needed next year.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

jhinkey wrote:
asiostygius wrote:

Great find Jose - I thought I'd found just about every site that reviewed MF Nikkors, but I guess I had not!

I hope that others will collect their images in one place for those of us to peruse.

John

Maybe those that host their photos on Flickr or other image hosting sites can put links to their profiles? I have my images sorted by lens, or at the very least put the lens data with the picture if its not included in one of my lens folders.

Thoughts?

philipj
Total Posts: 885

kwoodard wrote:
Maybe those that host their photos on Flickr or other image hosting sites can put links to their profiles? I have my images sorted by lens, or at the very least put the lens data with the picture if its not included in one of my lens folders.

Thoughts?

I have all my photos organized by lenses in sets on Flickr too, so it's easy enough to find my stuff. Also I don't have any non-AI-s glass these days, so every photo I take, save for the odd iPhone shot, is with a manual focus NIKKOR!

leighton w

philipj wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Thoughts?

I have all my photos organized by lenses in sets on Flickr too, so it's easy enough to find my stuff. Also I don't have any non-AI-s glass these days, so every photo I take, save for the odd iPhone shot, is with a manual focus NIKKOR!

Stupid question, can you have your photos in more than 1 set? For example, suppose i take a shot of a barn with the 50mm, can I have it in a 50mm set and say a barn set?

kwoodard

philipj wrote:

Likewise. I am all manual, all the time now. Series E 28mm and 50mm and 80-200 AI.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

Thanks Leighton, one of those checking the door to make sure it was locked, and that moon caught my eye, and I forgot how tired I was

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

That's a lot of babies on the ground. Bummer on having to replace the compressor, but at least it picked winter time to do it and not the summer when that would have been full of veggies.

Yea, we have just 2 more ewes to go! It really was a bummer about the compressor, even this time of year, we sell veggies year round. Fortunately, we took this week off because of lambing.

I love your moon shots. I like moon shots better when it's NOT a full moon.

Thanks Chuong, I forgot about going to sleep after I saw it . Moonset tonight is half past midnight, so a little earlier. Hoping it's clear out tonight too, an idea just crossed my mind and it would be interesting to see if I can do this shot that's now stuck in my head.

raboof wrote:
Ben, great perspective and lighting.
Laura, I saw that yesterday from my window and "thought" about taking a few shots. Awesome shots!

These are beautiful shots Leighton.

leighton w wrote:
Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5. These three need a repeat

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

not a stupid question, and the answer to your question is yes, you can have it in more than one set.

leighton w wrote:
philipj wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Thoughts?

Stupid question, can you have your photos in more than 1 set? For example, suppose i take a shot of a barn with the 50mm, can I have it in a 50mm set and say a barn set?

kwoodard

NightOwl Cat wrote:
not a stupid question, and the answer to your question is yes, you can have it in more than one set.

leighton w wrote:
philipj wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Thoughts?

I just figured out how to do that too. I will have to go through and update my online photos...

leighton w

kwoodard wrote:

Thoughts?

philipj wrote:

leighton w wrote:

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Thanks Laura, and thank you Philip for the idea.

1       2       3              2338      
       2340              5889       5890       end