Thanks
First shot is cool Z Great shot
Great shot Jose and Georg

Hang on ;-)

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

sbarricklow
Total Posts: 2132

Jose, Thank you. I've been following the Manual Focus Nikon Glass thread for many months now, and have enjoyed all of the excellent photos that have been posted. I just purchased the 50 mm f1.2, which I plan to also use for lightning photography. I also plan to use a 24 mm f2.0, that I've had for almost 20 years. Autofocus is of no use for lightning and most storm photography. Being able to turn the focus ring to the infinity stop is definitely an advantage.

sbarricklow
Total Posts: 2132

Peter, Yes they do. They each have their own unique personalities and qualities. Jake was anticipating a treat!

Alan, Scott, Jeff, Peter, Leighton, Thanks for the kind words.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1943

Tony D - Jamaica . mmmm

Rafael, very nice Western Union images. The processing is very appealing as well.

Ronny, I like the lamp picture.

Jose, the juvenile bird feeding pics are just a wonderful extension of your bird pictures. I completely understand your not wanting to shoot pictures of strangers - I don't do it either, partially for safety (sorry to hear about the risks in Sao Paulo) for also because I just want to avoid any tension with strangers. I am somewhat comfortable only when I'm in tourist meccas and everyone expects pictures to be snapped, and even then I exercise a lot of caution and err on the side of not taking pictures.

Leighton, "modern art" is cool. The ewe birth picture link was also interesting. Multiple ewes the same couple of days ..... guess we know where you are if we don't here from you.

and thanks to Georg, Scott, Leighton, Peter for the kind words on my posts.

Georg, I've tried the B&W vignetting on the train based on your suggestion, my skills are where I'm not quite happy with it anything I've produced yet. I'll keep playing around and if I get something satisfactory I'll post it.

Ray

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

Thanks Ray

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

3 more from the macro shots I did last week and a shot of the setup I was using (shown here set up to take my entry for this weeks weekly assignment, although both Jeff and Leighton have already entered some amazing MF shots for the theme so good luck to them.).
As you can see my light tent is of the highest quality and standards. It actually cost about $300 for the cardboard box, but it came with a free 180mm and 35-70mm lens. Tissue paper was from a Christmas present my wife received (I don't know what she got, I saw the tissue paper and was busy snaffling it while everyone else went ooh and ah). Double layer in each of the 3 windows (no skimping here). Then some duct tape and 2 sheets of A4 paper (Come on America - adapt to the sensible standard!) and bingo.

The third shot is a crop of the second showing the detail this 55mm makes even without any tubes added. (also the importance of cleaning your watch before photographing it in close detail, sometimes these lenses are too good.)

Kind regards,
Mark.

P.S. Georg - nice set just posted, especially the garden gate, lovely use of the PC lens. I still like to see more hockey shots from your MF lenses (although I know if your there for work the more important job is to get a good shot for the paper.)

Leighton - all the best for the busy period and to the lambs.

pbraymond

As promised, rust.

and apologies to Leighton (and others) for the curvy and slanted lines. The horizon level indicators in my D800 showed that I was level at the time of the capture

All with the D800 and 20mm f3.5 AI.

pbraymond

mp356 wrote:
Roy, I like the locomotive valve shot. Where is this steam engine housed?

Scott

Thanks Scott. It's located on abandoned tracks in the town of Grand Rapids, Ohio. The first pic in that set shows the setting that the engine is located in.

Ray

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 223

A huge amount of great images in this thread that make my humble efforts pale by comparison. Lots to learn.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

pbraymond wrote:
As promised, rust.

and apologies to Leighton (and others) for the curvy and slanted lines. The horizon level indicators in my D800 showed that I was level at the time of the capture

All with the D800 and 20mm f3.5 AI.

Nice shots Ray. And as you have just shows, Nikon shooters are on the level, it's just the rest of the world is crooked.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

85 HC :

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

georgms wrote:
Some more images taken today. I don't wanna flood this thread, I'm just happy to see some snow and sun after long weeks of rain and deep grey skies;-)

The 180/2.8ED on a D7000, cropped a wee bit - it's to long for a crop-sensor body, even in the european hockey rinks (broader than the north-american rinks). Maybe I'll try the 135/2 Ais next time...

no Georg - keep em coming. Love the snow shots. Very interesting to see how the 85PC behaves too - creates a very strong miniature effect. I know how you feel - we're in the middle of summer and it's been deep grey skies for almost 2 weeks.

Jose - in awe of your bird shots.

ben

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

Lieutenant Z wrote:
85 HC :

Phillippe, Phillippe, Phillippe. I'm speechless (some very funky PP going on here)

ben

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

WOW. So many great images to look at! Thanks all. It will be a nonproductive Monday at work tomorrow.

Jammyn
Total Posts: 227

I purchased Reagan's 180f2.8 lens, and it is simply a great lens, and wonderful transaction. However, I didn't get much use from that lens, and used instead 300f4.5 Ai on D40 for reach, which was more appropriate for the shooting conditions at Green Cay:

I like this of the two egrets by Macrudite, on Flickr

I did not use a tripod, even though I had one and could have used it. The image might have been a tad sharper. C/C is welcomed.

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 223

Like how the birds pop from the background.

stevenvh
Total Posts: 127

Thanks to all for posting such great images. Here's a recent favorite of mine with the Ai-S 105/2.5 at f2.8.

cheers

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

How do you delete a posting?

rafaelcasd

mp356 wrote:
rafaelcasd wrote:
Just been rushing about taking care of business, just today I had to run to the western union office and send a telegram. It is cold over here but the wires are unaffected.
(The D800 is a waste of pixels and bytes for this type of photography)

Rafael, nice train station images. Where is this located?
Scott

Scott, grape day park, Escondido, California.

rafaelcasd

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are a few more shots from the Rarity Mountain exit on the Kentucky-Tennessee border. I discovered this quite by accident on one of my trips to Ohio, Now I stop there every time I have an opportunity to pass by.
With the 35mm 1.4

With the 16mm 3.5
b

With the 24mm 2.8

]

Ray, you just proved that the lens does not matter, the photog does, all lenses made beautiful photos. Also, keep the rust coming.

Jeff, the photo of your son surfing the large chop brings precious memories to me, as I was there long ago. The cycle of life and a beautiful image.

John, voightlander? shame on you

Georg, what beautiful architechtural winter images. Your 180mm focusing will loosen in summer.

Leighton, love alpenglow over the chicken coop.

Mark, Holy shots indeed.

Ray, mighty steam engine perspective.

DJJohn, nice rocks.

William, great 135 perspective

Kevin, nice macro rocks.

Tony, a river long sunset.

Mike, just beautiful aurora.

Ronny, your composition makes the day to day extraordinary.

Leighton, impresionistic two second painting, the luck of the shutter.

Sam, great color matching caterpillar.

Philippe, wonderful icon and prayer image, what is in the center?

Jammy, egrets or Ibises?

1       2       3              2329      
       2331              5890       5891       end