Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2329

1       2       3              2329      
       2331              4232       4233       end

mp356
Total Posts: 4284

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Another one from Montmartre with 85 HC

Philippe, another fine image. I like this color version. For me it adds a richness to it. He is sketching the Eiffel Tower. Is that where he is sitting and facing or is he sketching from memory?
Scott

mp356

James Markus wrote:
Some 24mm f2.8 ais shots of a local plant we call the "money plant". The plant probably grows everywhere...might be interesting to hear the different names it is known by. Pardon the metadata pointing to the 24mm f2.0...I should have updated the non-cpu data info. BTW...how many lenses can we enter? I seem to have run out of slots.

A reversed image showing how the seed attaches to the "money".

Not reversed this time, but a severely cropped frame showing the sharpness, and scale of the money plant seed.

Nice shots Jim. My mom used to call these "silver dollars". I have a few in my backyard. Nice flowers earlier in the season.
Scott

Reagan
Total Posts: 2924

A December afternoon 75 degrees and beautiful
I am liking this 50 1.8 more than I thought I would
Always have to get a shot of my wife in
All shot with a polarizer, Sorry about the vertical shots being so tall

Reagan

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7679

James, that's what my grandmother called them too, and I'd love to have some seeds to plant here. Yeah, nine's the limit on CPU data, so I try to remember turn camera off, add lens, go to menu and change before I forget... I've been pretty good at remembering most times

And beautiful closeups of these.

James Markus wrote:
Some 24mm f2.8 ais shots of a local plant we call the "money plant". The plant probably grows everywhere...might be interesting to hear the different names it is known by. Pardon the metadata pointing to the 24mm f2.0...I should have updated the non-cpu data info. BTW...how many lenses can we enter? I seem to have run out of slots.

A reversed image showing how the seed attaches to the "money".

Not reversed this time, but a severely cropped frame showing the sharpness, and scale of the money plant seed.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7679

Nicely done Reagan, looks like there's no funk in FL!

Reagan wrote:
A December afternoon 75 degrees and beautiful
I am liking this 50 1.8 more than I thought I would
Always have to get a shot of my wife in
All shot with a polarizer, Sorry about the vertical shots being so tall

Reagan

Ben, I think the dealer knew what you needed

bruni wrote:
got a new toy - the nikon 35mm f2 OC

My local camera shop rang me and asked if I'd be interested. He's never done that before. I told him I was a bit over photography at the moment - but he knows Im a sucker for these scalloped aperture ring lenses. I'd never heard of the 35mm f2 OC - but as I have HC, PC, NC, and SC - I figured I might as well go for OC.

ben

Here it is:

nikon D200 55mm f1.2 SC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

these next 2 are both wide open.Like all these lenses it's a joy to use:

self portrait at Joe Black's by benmorgan28, on Flickr

self portrait with a Ducati by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Really nice, Phillipe, my guess is that he's doing the sketches and going to paint them in later to sell to tourists?

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Another one from Montmartre with 85 HC

Only mean if you get between her and her calf!

Oosty wrote:
A mean mother....

Reagan

Love the Ducati, Ben
Chris, Do people really ride Bicycles in that weather?

Reagan

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5078

Just noticed a 400mm 5.6 ed-if and a 300mm 4.5 ed-if on the B&S. Great prices

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171985

georgms
Total Posts: 3389

bruni wrote:

My local camera shop rang me and asked if I'd be interested. He's never done that before. I told him I was a bit over photography at the moment - but he knows Im a sucker for these scalloped aperture ring lenses. I'd never heard of the 35mm f2 OC - but as I have HC, PC, NC, and SC - I figured I might as well go for OC.

ben

Ben, congrats! Love your close-ups with the new lens and the OC looks pretty cool on your D800e. I like the feel of these old lenses a lot and the scalloped focusing ring is really nice to work with. It's a bit like using a "tabbed" Leica-M-lens.

georgms

Ray, very nice work with the 50/1.8! The portrait of your wife is beautifully done.
I just wonder about the use of the polarizer on the first shot - the front of the building seems to be quite glossy.

James, these plants are also common over here. I'm not much into plants and flowers (at least the ones I can't eat) and don't know the german name for it. Great shots!

Peter, very nice shot of the angry mother-cow! I've shot some bulls at a stable here a couple of months ago and their roar was literally earthshaking. The rancher told me that professional bull-photographers are carrying a tape recorder and play some mooing cows behind the camera to make the bulls look more, well, interested.

Philippe, another excellent shot from the drawing artist. The overall composition is brilliant and I like the texture of jeans and his skin as a contrast to the smooth out of focus areas. I'm not sure which shot I prefer, right now the B&W-variant is my fav.

Jorge, love your street-portrait taken with the 50/1.2! B&W is in my eyes the natural choice for shots like this.

Seth, the film-look fits the classic subject really well.

Samy and Seth - the 28/3.5PC is on the way to me and I will try to take a few shots of the remaining Heinkel-buildings as first test.

georgms

Just a quick snap on the way to my parking car:

A really old street here, but only two buildings have withstand the ravages of time - the last one and the one at the right side. This building, called "Hausbaumhaus", dates back to 1490 and is built around a massive piece of wood shaped like a tree. The houses in the middle were built in the 1980's - a very rare case of "historism" in East-Germany.
D3s, 55/1.2 at f/4

Reagan

Thanks Georg
The building was recently redone it was old wood painted white and the termites had it
They replaced it with red siding and i guess thats what caused the shine

Reagan

I haven't commented on a lot of photos lately as there are so many
But I read every post and enjoy every photograph

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 311

Reagan wrote:

I haven't commented on a lot of photos lately as there are so many
But I read every post and enjoy every photograph

+1!
Paul

montym
Total Posts: 4711

I'm a slacker. I haven't been reading the thread for the last few days... Sorry.

I have been taking picture though. These ladders are outside of a local hardware store. I've tried many times to get a nice picture of them without any luck. Tonight they were lit by parking lot street lights.... Maybe that is what it took...

montym
Total Posts: 4711

georgms wrote:

A really old street here, but only two buildings have withstand the ravages of time - the last one and the one at the right side. This building, called "Hausbaumhaus", dates back to 1490 and is built around a massive piece of wood shaped like a tree. The houses in the middle were built in the 1980's - a very rare case of "historism" in East-Germany.
D3s, 55/1.2 at f/4

Love it! The picture that is, not the snow! My black and whites always turn out so dark. I really like the light tones!
WOW 1490!!! There were only teepees around here then...

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

Reagan wrote:
Love the Ducati, Ben
Chris, Do people really ride Bicycles in that weather?

Reagan

thanks Reagan - I thought no-one was going to notice. People are so focussed on things like Harley's that the Ducatis are under appreciated.

I suspect you may have a roving eye. You're enjoying the 50 f1.8 - and I remember you liked the 50 f1.2 - and took some great pics with it but after what seemed a short time you sold it and moved on. So, yeah, I like the 50 f1.8 pics - loved your christmas lights shots - but I don't want to get too comfortable - I'm waiting on the next instalment of your lens adventure.

ben

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

georgms wrote:
bruni wrote:

ben

Ben, congrats! Love your close-ups with the new lens and the OC looks pretty cool on your D800e. I like the feel of these old lenses a lot and the scalloped focusing ring is really nice to work with. It's a bit like using a "tabbed" Leica-M-lens.

thanks Georg - I bought the 35 but I sold him a lens - so I ended up with money in my pocket.

yes Laura - you're right: he gave me exactly what I needed for my funk. I would never have bought that 35 if he hadn't called me (I didn't even know they existed) - I've got too many 35s as it is - but it was cheap and turned out to do the trick.

ben

mp356

georgms wrote:

D3s, 55/1.2 at f/4

Great street scene Georg.
Scott

philipj
Total Posts: 850

Thanks to those who commented on my last couple of photos! I particularly also enjoy the Central Tech building, it's one of the grand old schools that you can find around the old city.

Today's is a bit of a crazy offering. Honest Ed's is a department store that sells quite literally almost everything, a famous institution in Toronto run by one of Toronto's old famous families, the Mirvish family. Ed Mirvish got rich not only on his wacky department store, but also as the main player in Toronto's theatre scene for many years.

This is a ~28 photo stitch, having used the 105mm f/1.8 AI-s. Anything wider and I find I can't really deal with the distortions for stitching. Even here you will see a lot of "interesting" character to the stitch, but given the subject matter I'm actually okay with lots of the little foibles (and I got sick of working on it. ). Final image is some 105 megapixels, and I'm thinking I'll get this printed relatively large at some point.

HONEST EDS by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Seth Lord
Total Posts: 59

Ben - that shot from the Cross is terrific.

Georg - the street shot in the snow looks like a modern day version of something from Dr Paul Wolf.

Ian / Samy: thanks for your comments on what I thought may have even a Boston. These are the other shots I found of it. Again, with a Nikkor 50mm from 1966

Seth Lord
Total Posts: 59

nikkor 45mm f2.8P - with the FE or FM3a - scanned on a V700

1       2       3              2329      
       2331              4232       4233       end