/forum/topic/929565/2328

1       2       3              2328      
       2330              3821       3822       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3070

Chris Dees wrote:
Winter started in Holland.
Wet snow, windy and about zero degrees. Typical Dutch winter day. :-(

Chris, very nice and very atmospheric shot. The typical German winter days are pretty similar in overall appearance.

mp356
Total Posts: 3968

bruni wrote:
got a new toy - the nikon 35mm f2 OC

My local camera shop rang me and asked if I'd be interested. He's never done that before. I told him I was a bit over photography at the moment - but he knows Im a sucker for these scalloped aperture ring lenses. I'd never heard of the 35mm f2 OC - but as I have HC, PC, NC, and SC - I figured I might as well go for OC.

ben

Here it is:

nikon D200 55mm f1.2 SC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

these next 2 are both wide open.Like all these lenses it's a joy to use:

self portrait at Joe Black's by benmorgan28, on Flickr

self portrait with a Ducati by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Congrats on the "new" lens Ben. I did not realize there are so many variations of this lens. The self-portrait shot with your reflection in both mirrors is very nice.
Scott

mp356
Total Posts: 3968

saph wrote:
Seth/Ian, I had never heard about the Douglas A70 (Boston/Havoc), if that's what this is. This from wikipedia..

The Douglas A-20/DB-7 Havoc was a family of American attack, light bomber and night fighter aircraft of World War II, that served with several Allied air forces, principally those of the Soviet Union, United Kingdom, and United States. The DB-7 was also used by the air forces of Australia, South Africa, France, and the Netherlands during the war, and Brazil afterwards. The bomber aircraft was known as Boston among British and Commonwealth air forces, while the Royal Air Force night fighter variants were given the service name Havoc.

A little off topic. But this did give me an idea of getting back to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum and putting the MF lenses to work there. Either one of the two museum sites has WW2 planes in it.

A B-47 bomber is actually at a museum off I-95 in Georgia (near Savannah?). Many years ago on a drive up from Florida I planned a quick stop there after I found it on the web. They also had some Vietnam war-era planes there, the Phantom and a Mig side by side. Any pictures I may still have of those planes are likely from my old Canon S40.

Samy

Ian Boys wrote:
Seth Lord wrote:
Looking forward to the shots from the Heinkel factory Georg. In the meantime here is one of the inside of a Boston Bomber (I think!)

That's a really nice shot of a Boston - I've never seen the inside before. They are lovely planes and in Russian service a Boston regiment was the most highly decorated of the war, above the fighters etc. I can see the point that people wouldn't like machines made for war but the Boston is a favourite of mine.

Samy, going to the Air and Space Museum armed with MF lenses would be a lot of fun. Certainly a "target rich" environment!
Scott

stedge
Total Posts: 835

Jorge Torralba wrote:
50mm 1.2 AIS

The B&W is a classic. Honesty is the best policy.

philipj
Total Posts: 823

Chris Dees wrote:

Looks nice! Especially for a Sinterklaas visit! In North America (well, certainly in Canada, and I guess the northern half of the USA) we want to have a "white" Christmas (see/listen to: "White Christmas," the classic seasonal tune from the 1940s). Do the dutch have the same?

huddy
Total Posts: 1818

Seth Lord wrote:
I hope this thread is ok about Nikkor MF lenses on MF Nikons? I just had the awful thought that it might be for MF on Digital only - will check. Ah, just jumped back two thousand three hundred and something pages (!) and I see from Curtis' first post that film cameras are Ok.

Seth, definitely keep posting your film work. I post film from an FM2 and F100 with MF Nikkors as often as I can get it developed and scanned.

@Reagan, I got it.

@Jorge, beer is good. I prefer the B&W. The red lights were a bit distracting for me in the color version. Both are nice though.

@Americo, provided a career change and increased financial liberty, I would roll with the following system:
Leica M6TTL .58 + Summicron 35/2 ASPH
Leica M6TTL .72 + ZM 50/2 Planar
And probably some sort of compact mirrorless with a fast 35 and 50 and maybe a zoom since my wife (and I) like the instant availability of digital files. If I really had more dollars than sense, I'd keep my 4 favorite MF Nikkors (28/2, 50/1.2, 105/2.5, 180/2.8) too as they are just plain fun and will never break. As it is, I won't let go of my Nikkors because I have a great comfort level with the system and mirrorless hasn't quite reached the ability to rival the performance of my Nikon DSLR system.

Chris Dees
Total Posts: 3636

georgms wrote:
Chris Dees wrote:

Chris, very nice and very atmospheric shot. The typical German winter days are pretty similar in overall appearance.

Thanks Georg
I like the German winters much better. It's more a real winter. I lived for 4 years (ages ago) near Minden and that were real winters with lots of snow and cold (and of course the inconvenience )

Chris Dees
Total Posts: 3636

philipj wrote:
Chris Dees wrote:

Looks nice! Especially for a Sinterklaas visit! In North America (well, certainly in Canada, and I guess the northern half of the USA) we want to have a "white" Christmas (see/listen to: "White Christmas," the classic seasonal tune from the 1940s). Do the dutch have the same?

Thanks Phillip.
Sinterklaas is already back to Spain (December 5th). Santa is coming now.
Most Dutch would like to have a "white" Christmas as well with a lot of ice (scating) but most of the times it's a wet Christmas.

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 258

bruni wrote:

My local camera shop rang me and asked if I'd be interested. He's never done that before. I told him I was a bit over photography at the moment - but he knows Im a sucker for these scalloped aperture ring lenses. I'd never heard of the 35mm f2 OC - but as I have HC, PC, NC, and SC - I figured I might as well go for OC.

ben

I like your selfportraits Ben, but the old 35 shining on the D800E is a beauty too

Paul

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

mp356 wrote:
bruni wrote:

Congrats on the "new" lens Ben. I did not realize there are so many variations of this lens. The self-portrait shot with your reflection in both mirrors is very nice.
Scott

thanks Scott - you're always very generous. And Paul.

No I didn't realise either. I googled it after I bought it - turns out there was a O and an OC version - bit like all those 85mm f1.8 Hs and HCs or the 50 1.4 S and SCs. I was lucky he was selling the C versions with the latest coatings.

The dual reflections were dumb luck - I was really more interested in the Ducati - but I didn't realise how shallow the DOF is wide open - so the bike's not in focus. I thought - it's a 35mm, focus on the mirrors and everything will be fine.

ben

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2840

Another one from Montmartre with 85 HC

Oosty
Total Posts: 3944

Reagan wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Jose, Paul, Georg - thank you.

Peter, you left out Ringo
Maybe you are "Peter Best"

I hopre someone gets

Reagan

I thought Jose was the Beetles fan

Oosty

Another good one Phillippe

Lieutenant Z

Oosty wrote:

Thanks, Peter, much appreciated mais j'aimais mieux quand tu me parlais dans la langue de Molière

Oosty

A mean mother....

Oosty

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Oosty wrote:

Thanks, Peter, much appreciated mais j'aimais mieux quand tu me parlais dans la langue de Molière

I'd love to but my vocabulary is extremely limited and my grammar and pronunciation horrible!

Lieutenant Z

Oosty wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Oosty wrote:

I'd love to but my vocabulary is extremely limited and my grammar and pronunciation horrible!

It will always be much better than my shabby english

James Markus
Total Posts: 4242

Some 24mm f2.8 ais shots of a local plant we call the "money plant". The plant probably grows everywhere...might be interesting to hear the different names it is known by. Pardon the metadata pointing to the 24mm f2.0...I should have updated the non-cpu data info. BTW...how many lenses can we enter? I seem to have run out of slots.

A reversed image showing how the seed attaches to the "money".

Not reversed this time, but a severely cropped frame showing the sharpness, and scale of the money plant seed.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

Oosty wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Jose, Paul, Georg - thank you.

Peter, you left out Ringo
Maybe you are "Peter Best"

I hopre someone gets

Reagan

I thought Jose was the Beetles fan

Ok! That's funny! At least we know he likes some sort of beetles!

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

James Markus wrote:
Some 24mm f2.8 ais shots of a local plant we call the "money plant". The plant probably grows everywhere...might be interesting to hear the different names it is known by. Pardon the metadata pointing to the 24mm f2.0...I should have updated the non-cpu data info. BTW...how many lenses can we enter? I seem to have run out of slots.

A reversed image showing how the seed attaches to the "money".

Not reversed this time, but a severely cropped frame showing the sharpness, and scale of the money plant seed.

Great shots James with another lens that never get's a lot of praise. You can enter 9 lenses but you should start chipping any AI-S ones that you can. That reason alone makes it so nice to mount them and not have to worry about fooling around changing all that lens garbage

1       2       3              2328      
       2330              3821       3822       end