Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2326

1       2       3              2326      
       2328              3809       3810       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3044

Philip, love the "clean and simple" look of the Central-Tech-building.

Jose, wow, you've pulled out incredible details out of the 55/3.5+TC-combo!
Btw, I've just watched a documentary about your fellow countryman Oscar Niemeyer - a fascinating man and a really interesting approach on architecture.

Peter, very nice flower-shots! My personal fav is #2. The 300 deals with the background in an impressive fashion ;-)

Philippe, the "artist at work" is another excellent street-portrait out of your hands.

Ben, cool christmas-decorations from your summerly part of the world! Diffraction can be for sure a problem, but I think the loss of detail by shooting at smaller apertures is of rather academic nature for many shots.

John, welcome! I like both versions of your sunset-shoot, the second one maybe a tad more ;-)

Jeff, awesome shots from the beach! #2 is my fav - love how you've captured the water gently flowing over the pipe!

Jimmy, excellent mini-series from the children in the rain! Great use of a slighty longer shutter-speed to catch the raindrops as trails and not as "particles in the air".

Americo, very nice illustration for the "sleep”-theme!

Dylan, cool portrait of "mama duck". The 55/1.2 is almost everyday in my bag or on a camera - love this lens and it's rendering.

Reagan, I just can't imagine Christmas under palms, we got about 4-6 inches snow last night... Thanks for sharing your warming-up pictures ;-)

mp356
Total Posts: 3961

Slabshaft wrote:
From a few days ago. D600 with 24mm AI handheld. I'm not happy with the composition, but I can always hop back on the mountain bike and go try that spot again It was difficult to get the saguaros positioned right and also have the clouds in the right spot for everything to work together. Still . . . the sky looks so phenomenal, I had to share anyway

Beautiful sky John. Welcome aboard.
Scott

mp356

bruni wrote:

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 28mm f2.8 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Hi Ben, I really like this one. Nicely captured.
Scott

georgms

saph wrote:
Georg, those machines certainly were meant and used for an evil purpose. But they and other planes of that time period fascinate me since so much innovation in the air happened in the matter of a few years. I will be very interested in any images from those ruins when you are able to get those.

I also have a model of a B-47 6-engined bomber that I want to try the 28PC on next. That's a fun lens, I am still learning it, and I think you will really enjoy it.

Samy

georgms wrote:
Samy, it's strange, but over 5.000 pieces of this death-bringing plane were built in my hometown. I'm waiting for my copy of the PC 28/3.5 - maybe I take a few pictures of the "Heinkel-Werke"-ruins as first test.

Samy, I can fully understand and share your fascination for innovations. I could probably spend many hours to take pictures of - just an example - the cockpit-gauges or engines of old military airplanes or ships. The same goes for interesting civil vehicles and machines.
It just feels strange to me that so many machines were built in my hometown for an evil purpose.

Georg

mp356

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Montmartre, Paris, 85 HC :

Very nice Philippe. I like the positioning of the subject.
Scott

mp356

philipj wrote:
Wow, that was a killer sunset John, very nicely seen!

One from today's stroll to the office, looking up at the intersection of College and Bathurst Streets. NIKKOR*ED 180mm f/2.8 AI-s, at f/2.8.

Electrified by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Very nice Philip!

mp356

georgms wrote:
Ian, love the "Sea-Trees" flexed through the coastal storms. Beautiful, classic B&W!
And as a wannabe-seaman I like the picture of the Ferry - very cool way to take the cars onboard.

Very nice Ian. Like Georg says, never seen a ferry that loads like this.
Scott

georgms

Mark, Nima, Jose, Scott, Samy, Jeff - thanks for your comments on the snow and santa's images!

funwithlight
Total Posts: 301

it's cold but beautiful

Untitled by funwithlight, on Flickr

noct/d600

georgms

huddy wrote:
I've been chomping at the bit for a good EVIL mirrorless system for a couple of months now. I was thinking a Fuji X-100 would be nice, but I didn't want the limitation of just the 35mm FL, even if it is my favorite FL. I was also thinking a Fuji XE-1 would be nice, but $2500 or so is a lot to spend for a system that still has some annoying little flaws, especially when I already own 2 very complete systems (645, FX/135).

Well, I have another new addition to the Nikon family. I just picked up a V1+10-30/VR as B&H has that kit for $299. I wouldn't have paid the original price for the V1, but having handled one in stores before, it was really tempting at $399, and too hard to pass up at the current price. For the price (especially if I get an FT1), that is a lot of capability for the price.

Alan, congrats! The V1 is a neat little machine - with some drawbacks, but also some great features. I've got the V1+10/2.8-kit and found a very good deal on a FT1 later. Right now all I need for it is a proper grip ;-)

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2338

50mm 1.2 AIS

mp356

funwithlight wrote:
it's cold but beautiful

Untitled by funwithlight, on Flickr

noct/d600

Definately looks cold Nima. Nicely captured.
Scott

box185
Total Posts: 28

x

JimmyChoo

Reagan wrote:
Let me be the first to start
I rarely shoot at night mainly because I can't stay awake after it gets dark
Around our neighborhood All with 50 1.8

Reagan

Cheerful images of the season that is now here.
Thank you for reminding us, Reagan.

Suggestion: If you "can't stay awake after it gets dark" then get up before it gets light. Your mornings now so far up north will still be dark.

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2338

85 1.4 ais

Taking for ever to do homework because he does not want to!

One more. I think at f2.8

montym
Total Posts: 4692

Jorge Torralba wrote:
50mm 1.2 AIS

Don't we all!

I love EVERYTHING about this picture!

montym
Total Posts: 4692

rankamateur wrote:
If you hate this please hide me. It started out as an HDR and evolved into something else. Taken with the much unloved 50 1.4 AI-S from the South Street Bridge in Philly. The exact opposite side of the city view of the pano I posted previously. You can not shoot anything low in this area as some inconsiderate knucklehead decided to put a lighted tennis complex right below the bridge which really plays havoc with night shots.

I love it!

Seth Lord
Total Posts: 56

Looking forward to the shots from the Heinkel factory Georg. In the meantime here is one of the inside of a Boston Bomber (I think!) taken with my old Nikkormat FTn and 50mm Nikkor something or other - it must have been about 1966 so I suppose it was an f2.8 because I remember longing for an f2 lens for many years. And it was many, many years before I could afford one.
Btw, thanks to advice here I have just acquired the Nikkor 180mm f2.8 AFD. And as you all said, this old design is an amazing thing even wide open at 2.8 - I will post something in the appropriate thread. Sorry I could not justify an MF version as I will be using this for theatre work.

I hope this thread is ok about Nikkor MF lenses on MF Nikons? I just had the awful thought that it might be for MF on Digital only - will check. Ah, just jumped back two thousand three hundred and something pages (!) and I see from Curtis' first post that film cameras are Ok.

JimmyChoo

agentbird wrote:
I'm currently in Amsterdam, and seeing as this is one of the most active threads in the Nikon forum I thought I could ask here.

Is anyone here familiar with Amsterdam and have any tips or pointers of places I have to visit? Or nice places to shoot? I went to a very nice Diane Arbus exhibition yesterday which was amazing! I haven't brought any MF Nikkors with me this time around, shame on me, but I've got some other nice stuff with me.

Any help much appreciated.

Anton.

Anton, I used to wander around from Leidseplein to Dam Square, and in between to the west and to the east, of and on the many times I used to be there. Amsterdam is such an old and rustic city and it has always fascinated me to no end. I never got bored going about with a camera. You will never run out of subjects to shoot. The buildings are so old and because also of the soft soil and Holland being below sea level, that some of them actually lean a little noticeably; and I have to explain that it is not my camera that is tilted. Have fun, and do show us here some of your pictures.

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2216

if you could have any system and lens, other than the Nikon 700-D800, which, and why, would you get it? I am now an official troll after this post! However, I have had a slight wish lusting for the Leica M9 + Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH,
Leica 21mm f/1.4 Summilux-M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens - Black USA
system, for its compactness, and I have had that, i pawned the house, and bought that very svelte IQ180 Digital Back with Hasselblad H1 Mount

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/phase_one_iq180_field_report.shtml

http://lavidaleica.com/content/leica-noctilux-m-50mm-f095-asph

1       2       3              2326      
       2328              3809       3810       end