Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2324

1       2       3              2324      
       2326              4075       4076       end

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 288

agentbird wrote:
I'm currently in Amsterdam, and seeing as this is one of the most active threads in the Nikon forum I thought I could ask here.

Is anyone here familiar with Amsterdam and have any tips or pointers of places I have to visit? Or nice places to shoot? I went to a very nice Diane Arbus exhibition yesterday which was amazing! I haven't brought any MF Nikkors with me this time around, shame on me, but I've got some other nice stuff with me.

Any help much appreciated.

Anton.

Anton,

You could walk along the IJ, the waterway that runs behind the Central Station. There is not much port activity there anymore, but there are lots of things happening in the sense of new buildings. There is a ferry that takes you across to the Eye film museum. Also, you could visit the Stedelijk Museum, recently reopened after a long renovation. Or visit the new subway line which is still under construction.

Paul

raboof
Total Posts: 1436

Jeff - WOW (for the text).

Foggy14
Total Posts: 932

raboof wrote:

Yeah, time to stop yapping and post a few pics!

mp356
Total Posts: 4211

Jeff, I like the footprints in the sand. Nice texture and color.

Thank you for the comment on my image.
Scott

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7562

Thanks Jimmy and at the pun

JimmyChoo wrote:
Laura, lovely set of airplane pictures.
They are all exceptional; none are plane(pun intended!)

Thanks Reagan

Reagan wrote:
JimmyChoo wrote:
Laura, lovely set of airplane pictures.
They are all exceptional; none are plane(pun intended!)

+1

Reagan

Dylan, It's happening here more often now too, pretty soon you'll have a Christmas without snow if things keep up...
Then again, I'm sure it's weird for Ben to see any snow for Christmas

DTOB wrote:
Reagan, I always find it the strangest thing, seeing Christmas themed photos with no snow on the ground.

Have you ever been around snow for the holidays?

Dylan, killer shot of duck and ducklings.

DTOB wrote:
While looking through old 50/55mm shots, I came upon this:

55/1.2 at f2

Matt OHarver wrote:
Thanks Matt, glad these two are at least staying in "the family"

Great photos the last few pages. Really liked the Plane set from Laura, the steeple, and the ducks. Also some great Black and whites, and Ben with the Selfie! Hope the rest stay too, c'mon guys

An update on the lenses.

35MM F1.4 Serial number 362666

105MM F1.8 Serial Number 205811

180MM F2.8 ED Serial Number 420689(headed to Switzerland)

75-150MM F3.5 E Series Serial number 3039862

35-70MM F3.5 Macro Serial Number 828559(headed to Switzerland)

Other three are still available as well as one AF lens. Going to list them on FM come the weekend.

Thanks Peter, and don't worry about the "PC". I've been called sir so many times it isn't funny, usually on the phone, but sometimes to my face!

Oosty wrote:
Laura - you are a master "craftsperson" (I hate PC ) and it would be fun to have a convention in Philly. Dinner at the Victor Cafe where the waiters are all music students who sing opera between courses would be a great start!

Yup, that's what it is, here's the details on it http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=789

Lieutenant Z wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
a few more...

Laura I really like this one the best

Agreed, this one is my favorite as well. I love the ole DC-3/C-47. I used to have a radio controlled version of this plane, was my favorite of all my warbirds.

Kevin that plane is not a DC3/ Dakota C47.
It looks like a Lockheed C-60 Lodestar

And all us "old people" wishing we were that age again having that kind of fun.. great captures!

JimmyChoo wrote:
Last Saturday I went to a church wedding and had with me only the 180mmf2.8 AIS. After the ceremony during the lunch reception there was a heavy downpour and I found some kids having fun in the rain. This was more entertaining than the wedding pictures.

Alan,At that price, I would have added the 10mm f/2.8 and the 30-110 lens that you could have bundled in, so totaling about $600 and then adding in a flash and the FT1 later. Makes for a really nice compact set.

huddy wrote:
I've been chomping at the bit for a good EVIL mirrorless system for a couple of months now. I was thinking a Fuji X-100 would be nice, but I didn't want the limitation of just the 35mm FL, even if it is my favorite FL. I was also thinking a Fuji XE-1 would be nice, but $2500 or so is a lot to spend for a system that still has some annoying little flaws, especially when I already own 2 very complete systems (645, FX/135).

Well, I have another new addition to the Nikon family. I just picked up a V1+10-30/VR as B&H has that kit for $299. I wouldn't have paid the original price for the V1, but having handled one in stores before, it was really tempting at $399, and too hard to pass up at the current price. For the price (especially if I get an FT1), that is a lot of capability for the price.

Anton, Chris Dees, Rinie, and Paul may be able to help you out

agentbird wrote:
I'm currently in Amsterdam, and seeing as this is one of the most active threads in the Nikon forum I thought I could ask here.

Is anyone here familiar with Amsterdam and have any tips or pointers of places I have to visit? Or nice places to shoot? I went to a very nice Diane Arbus exhibition yesterday which was amazing! I haven't brought any MF Nikkors with me this time around, shame on me, but I've got some other nice stuff with me.

Any help much appreciated.

Anton.

Thanks Jeff, wish I'd gone to the Clydesdales earlier in the week though, so they could be outside more.

Love the footprints in the sand

Foggy14 wrote:
Thanks for the comments Tony, Curtis, Leighton, Georg and Jose.

Laura, really nice pottery shots with the 85mm. I enjoyed the Clydesdales and the C-60 shot is terrific!

Slabshaft
Total Posts: 285

From a few days ago. D600 with 24mm AI handheld. I'm not happy with the composition, but I can always hop back on the mountain bike and go try that spot again It was difficult to get the saguaros positioned right and also have the clouds in the right spot for everything to work together. Still . . . the sky looks so phenomenal, I had to share anyway

Oosty
Total Posts: 4016

Shaft - welcome to the thread. Lovely sunsets with the cacti. Please let us have your first name so that we can make you one of our own

Sami - the beach shots are excellent. Is this a sign of a misspent youth?

Jimmy - really good captures of two kids having their own special day.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

dedicated to Leighton - who sent me a link about shooting Christmas lights.
Leighton - I've seen a lot of that guy's videos (not that one though).
These are from where I live. The good thing about doing this was that since I've had the D800E - I've never shot above about f5.6 - f8 because I'd read that diffraction would be such a problem.

Well these are all f11 - 16 - go figure. (the second shot looks a bit bleached, not because of diffraction, but because a big white truck went by during the 6 second exposure)

Thanks again Leighton.

ben

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 28mm f2.8 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 50mm f1.8 AIS by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 105mm f2.5 P by benmorgan28, on Flickr

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

stedge wrote:
great shots, Jimmy!

+1

beautiful Jimmy - very sharp on the 180. (hope you kept it dry)

ben

NightOwl Cat

John, beautiful sunset, and I know what you mean about getting those clouds "just right". There have been some wonderful sunsets lately. And Welcome!

Slabshaft wrote:
From a few days ago. D600 with 24mm AI handheld. I'm not happy with the composition, but I can always hop back on the mountain bike and go try that spot again It was difficult to get the saguaros positioned right and also have the clouds in the right spot for everything to work together. Still . . . the sky looks so phenomenal, I had to share anyway

NightOwl Cat

Wow, for someone in a funk... beautiful. I'm about to go try some tonight too, before the rain kicks in for the weekend.

bruni wrote:
These are from where I live. The good thing about doing this was that since I've had the D800E - I've never shot above about f5.6 - f8 because I'd read that diffraction would be such a problem.

Well these are all f11 - 16 - go figure. (the second shot looks a bit bleached, not because of diffraction, but because a big white truck went by during the 6 second exposure)

Thanks again Leighton.

ben

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 28mm f2.8 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 50mm f1.8 AIS by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Christmas in the Cross - nikon 105mm f2.5 P by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2925

Montmartre, Paris, 85 HC :

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2543

mp356 wrote:
Jeff, I like the footprints in the sand. Nice texture and color.
Scott

+1
well done.

asiostygius

Slabshaft wrote:

John, welcome.
Great debut images; I liked the most the second composition.

Lieutenant Z

Foggy14 wrote:
raboof wrote:

Yeah, time to stop yapping and post a few pics!

Great set, Jeff, beautiful light

Oosty

bruni wrote:

Thanks again Leighton.

ben

Great shots Ben - I hope you're not a cricket fanatic though

Oosty

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Tres bon, Phillippe

asiostygius

Shifting from birds to scarabs.
This "guy" has visited flowers at my balcony some days ago and I used the 55mm micro Nikkor f/3.5 at MFD to take a picture.

Cetoniinae Flower Scarab Beetle (genus Gymnetis) with 55mm f/3.5 micro Nikkor by labecoaves, on Flickr

These scarabs of the subfamily Cetoniinae - genus Gymnetis - are more interested in flowers than faeces.
D7000 + Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI + Nissin macroflash + tripod. ~ MFD (25cm) ~25% crop.
ISO 100, f/5.6 at 1/60s.

Lieutenant Z

Oosty wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

Tres bon, Phillippe

Merci beaucoup, Pierre

Oosty

Some flowers from the Eastern Cape

Correct exif in comments -- senior moments in not adjusting menu!

1       2       3              2324      
       2326              4075       4076       end