Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2320

1       2       3              2320      
2321
       2322              4260       4261       end

CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 13125
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Curtis, you must have been logged in to Zenfolio when you posted this, as we're all getting the locked content. Go into that album, and off in the lower right, you'll see where you can unlock the content. You can also configure whether anyone can download it or not.

CGrindahl wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:
Playing around with the new (used) 180mm. Still need some more time with it, but I really like how it renders colors and it seems to play well with the PK-13 tube.



I love these Jeff. I'm such a fan of the 180 and am always amazed at how the lens performs with tubes.

I'm going to take this opportunity to experiment with linking to a photo in Zenfolio. This was shot with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s with a 20mm extension tube at f/4, hand held. Its not a great shot but I really need to explore this hosting site during the trial period.


This is the mast of a sailboat in dry dock, lying on a set of work horses.


Thanks for the guidance Laura, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It is when I attempt to post the image at its native size, which has the longest dimension at 1000 pixels that controls come into play. The entire collection of photos imported from Picasa is open to the public, but when i seek a link to post, I overlooked the note "Public access to these links is protected" that includes the "original file". This is the link they permit without limitation...


The longest side is 850 pixels. I wonder how panoramas would be handled. At the moment I'm not sure Zenfolio is right for me. If I'm missing something I'd welcome guidance from anyone familiar with Zenfolio.



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3423
Country: Germany

MarkdV wrote:
Random shots from the weekend, testing out the 55mm in various guises + the 300mm + 50mm


Mark, I like especially the first shot for it's interesting light. The 55 seems to work pretty well as a portrait-lens - I like the smooth, but still recognizable rendering of the background.


jhinkey wrote:
Portrait of me by my 9 year old daughter Chloe. Had the D800 with the 50/1.2 on it and she wanted to shoot with it, so I said what the heck, why not? She was very careful with the camera and had great technique. Not bad for only using the focusing screen for focusing at f/1.2!

She took a bunch more of the restaurant, her dessert, etc. and took more when she came home.

I'm so proud!


John, nice to see that your daughter starts her photography-career so early and well! Focusing the 50/1.2 is a tough job - congrats!
A side-note: After realizing I couldn't get reliable results with the 50/1.2 on my D1 and D100 I gave this lens my sister for use with an old Nikon F301 (N2000) and she took a lot of tack-sharp pictures with it - thanks to the old-fashioned focusing screen (and her talent, of course).


Peter, I like your B&W's from the Settler Country a lot. Personal favorite is the cannibalized tractor.
Are the old folder-cameras yours or part of the farmhouse-interior? If they belong to you - why not giving 'em a try with a roll of 120...


Ben, I see you're on a good way to fight the "photographic funk"! Very cool abstract from the lonesome cloud!


Curtis, nice to finally see that sailboat-detail ;-) I'm not familiar with Zenfolio, Smugmug and many other photo-sharing services, but find flickr to be quite easy to use.



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 2945
Country: United States

Ben, Just get up and go out shooting at dawn again
Those were great images

Reagan



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7717
Country: United States

I did some more digging, here's a link to something a little larger than 1000 but not too large that it'll break the monitor. Above the photo is a spot that says Photo Actions, I clicked it, and chose Share.







D1x and 85mm f/1.4

Let's see how well this works, I've never tried this before.

Hey, it worked!
CGrindahl wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Curtis, you must have been logged in to Zenfolio when you posted this, as we're all getting the locked content. Go into that album, and off in the lower right, you'll see where you can unlock the content. You can also configure whether anyone can download it or not.

CGrindahl wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:
Playing around with the new (used) 180mm. Still need some more time with it, but I really like how it renders colors and it seems to play well with the PK-13 tube.



I love these Jeff. I'm such a fan of the 180 and am always amazed at how the lens performs with tubes.

I'm going to take this opportunity to experiment with linking to a photo in Zenfolio. This was shot with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s with a 20mm extension tube at f/4, hand held. Its not a great shot but I really need to explore this hosting site during the trial period.


This is the mast of a sailboat in dry dock, lying on a set of work horses.


Thanks for the guidance Laura, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It is when I attempt to post the image at its native size, which has the longest dimension at 1000 pixels that controls come into play. The entire collection of photos imported from Picasa is open to the public, but when i seek a link to post, I overlooked the note "Public access to these links is protected" that includes the "original file". This is the link they permit without limitation...


The longest side is 850 pixels. I wonder how panoramas would be handled. At the moment I'm not sure Zenfolio is right for me. If I'm missing something I'd welcome guidance from anyone familiar with Zenfolio.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7717
Country: United States

Paul, you've got a wonderful kit of MF lenses there, anything you want to share? Your seventh post on FM and you're already taking lessons from Curtis Thanks for the heads up on the lens, someone else may go hunting for one

Welcome to the friendliest spot on the internet



box185 wrote:
There seems to be a lot of interest here in the Nikkor-H.C 85mm f/1.8 lens. I found one on eBay (not my listing) that might not show up in a usual search because of the title ( Nikon Nikkor 85mm 1.8 H C Auto AI'D Rare ). Apologies to the forum if this is inappropriate - I'm still learning.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7717
Country: United States

Nice images, Scott, and good luck with the sale. Thinking I may need to thin the herd a little too, have a couple AF lenses listed on CL at the moment to start the process. We'll see what happens. Temps went from in the 60's yesterday to 36 with a high of 44 today, so be prepared for Mother Nature again How close does the 28 focus?

mp356 wrote:
Ben, really like your bike image.

Leighton, congrats on the contest. The photo is very nice. Good looking dog.

I have a couple manual focus lenses up for sale on the BS forum. Here are the links:

28 f2.0

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1168019

35 f2.0

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1170474

It was unseasonably warm day for December today so I took a walk at noon with the 28 f2.0 (up for sale on the BS forum). Here a couple images from it. Thanks for looking.
Scott




Mark, love all the images, but that ball of twine really stands out!

MarkdV wrote:
Random shots from the weekend, testing out the 55mm in various guises + the 300mm + 50mm


Wow, really good for a nine year old, and it sounds like the bug has infected her, time to get her a camera of her own now

jhinkey wrote:
Portrait of me by my 9 year old daughter Chloe. Had the D800 with the 50/1.2 on it and she wanted to shoot with it, so I said what the heck, why not? She was very careful with the camera and had great technique. Not bad for only using the focusing screen for focusing at f/1.2!

She took a bunch more of the restaurant, her dessert, etc. and took more when she came home.

I'm so proud!



Peter, wonderful images and history lesson here. I don't blame her for not selling. Sounds like you at least have an opportunity to revisit the house with a flash the next time, and offer to document her pieces.

Oosty wrote:
Twenty five pages in 6 days!! I took a trip to our middle daughter's mother in law's farm in what is known as Settler Country in the Eastern Cape. In 1820 the British government landed a number of parties of settlers from England at modern day Port Elizabeth, provided them with very little and told them to get on with it! They cleared bush for rarms and worked their way into the interior of the country where they clashed with the indigenous Xhosa tribes in a series of bloody frontier wars until late into the 19th century.

This farm is about 100 miles inland and is surrounded by a large hunting farm owned by an American who bought the adjoining properties. The owner is however not interested in selling and the place is very dear to her. It is full of old furniture and other items dating back about 150 years but stupoidly I didn't take a flash with me and the inside of the house is pretty dark.




Paul Gabel
Registered: Jun 17, 2012
Total Posts: 311
Country: Netherlands

Mark, thank you for the comment. For shooting randomly, you have scored a few nice hits yourself



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4303
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
Twenty five pages in 6 days!! I took a trip to our middle daughter's mother in law's farm in what is known as Settler Country in the Eastern Cape. In 1820 the British government landed a number of parties of settlers from England at modern day Port Elizabeth, provided them with very little and told them to get on with it! They cleared bush for rarms and worked their way into the interior of the country where they clashed with the indigenous Xhosa tribes in a series of bloody frontier wars until late into the 19th century.

This farm is about 100 miles inland and is surrounded by a large hunting farm owned by an American who bought the adjoining properties. The owner is however not interested in selling and the place is very dear to her. It is full of old furniture and other items dating back about 150 years but stupoidly I didn't take a flash with me and the inside of the house is pretty dark.



Peter, really like a second tractor image. Looks like a very old dragster!
Scott



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4303
Country: United States

MarkdV wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Looks like I may have scored myself a paying gig shooting interiors, first session this Saturday
Guess you guys might have to put up with some shots of rooms from me


Hey, nice one Chin. Glad to hear your talents going to be rewarded with dollars rather than just our collective praise. Hope you have fun!



+1 Chin. Congrats on the gig. I also like your suggestion for Ben.
Scott



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4303
Country: United States

Georg and Tony, thank you for the comments on the Enter sign. So Tony, are you planning on where to take Nikki first?
Scott



Paul Gabel
Registered: Jun 17, 2012
Total Posts: 311
Country: Netherlands

Thank you Georg, Scott, Tony. Always so much happening in the skies over Holland.
Paul



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2082
Country: United Kingdom

24mm Ai-s on Nikon FM (Tri-X)


Loch Lomond 2 by Ian_Boys, on Flickr


Loch Lomond 1 by Ian_Boys, on Flickr


Glen Shiel by Ian_Boys, on Flickr


Cluanie Inn, towards Glen Shiel by Ian_Boys, on Flickr



rankamateur
Registered: Nov 25, 2007
Total Posts: 851
Country: United States

The great City of Philadelphia just about a half mile away. A 3 shot pano with Photoshop and all I did was crop it.
80-200 4.5 at F5.6 For those of you who don't know anything about Philly- to the right of the PSFS sign is William Penn's statute on top of City hall. Up until a date which escapes me no building was allowed to be taller than his hat. Thus the reason Philly does not have the typical skyscraper skyline.



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3423
Country: Germany

Ian, nice to see some of your fine scottish landscapes again! Love the glare and the framing on the first shot and the muted tones of the last image.

Ron, beautiful pano of Philadelphia!



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3423
Country: Germany

Two pictures from a short walk around a small lake:

Heimat XLII von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D3s, 55/1.2 Ai wide open - the first snow is already melting


Heimat XLI von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D3s, Ai'd 105/2.5 wide open too - loved the ripples around this roots - saturation of the blue-tones upped in PP

and finally a silly shot from 2009:

Some part-time-Santa's taking a break - D700, 28/2 at f/2.8, I'm not sure about the crop



huddy
Registered: Oct 19, 2010
Total Posts: 1826
Country: United States

Laura, a 28/2 AI-S will reach .25m/.9ft, the AI is marked for .3m but really reaches .28m.

Lots of nice work on the landscapes (and people), those of you who just posted.

Ben, hang in their and keep shooting. Perhaps you need a muse or a photographic assignment.

My 80-200/4.5 is soon to head to its new home down under. The 25-50/4 needs a home now too. If any of you are interested, let me know.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7717
Country: United States

Thanks Alan, have to break out the converter to see that in inches

10.8 inches for the AI-S, 11.02359 inches for the AI it seems. Thought crossed my mind as I had a cat walking between me and the laptop this morning

And a few more from Sunday at the museum, it was raining and definitely overcast




NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7717
Country: United States

a few more...



Kenj8246
Registered: Feb 14, 2008
Total Posts: 11890
Country: United States

Couple cats from the Fort Worth zoo. Taken with a manual focus Nikon 400mm f5.6 lens on a F100. Shot on color film and converted to B&W in PS Elements.


Fort Worth Zoo critters by kenj8246, on Flickr


Fort Worth Zoo critters by kenj8246, on Flickr

Kenny



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 730
Country: Poland

Thanks Laura, glad you liked them, but was it your cat that told you to mention that particular photo....

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Mark, love all the images, but that ball of twine really stands out!

MarkdV wrote:
Random shots from the weekend, testing out the 55mm in various guises + the 300mm + 50mm



1       2       3              2320      
2321
       2322              4260       4261       end